11

My sister’s story- the life of a heroin addict.

ossobucotemp

2  
Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:18 am
@Crazielady420,
Good to hear..

1  
Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 10:12 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Today it is still May 18th, 2017......earlier at around 7:20 PM my son called to tell me Elizabeth was found deceased in San Diego. She was just here this past Easter to visit her 2 year old daughter and her parents. The little girls father introduced her mother to heroin before Elizabeth conceived.....and both were in and out of rehab multiple times. We thought she was doing well until the baby was born addicted. Social Services were called in and the grandparents wee granted custody. I've been watching from the sidelines hoping Liz would fully recover......the baby's father killed himself about 18 months ago.....and now the little girl's mother is gone...........We don't have many details right now.......but what I do know is that the baby has lost her parents......This is all due to heroin. I am not the closest relative, but I fell very flat and defeated tonight.

I hope Friday we can figure out some way to help......I just don't know what else to say about this, I ache for her parents, for the lost opportunities, and for a small 2 year old girl who will never know her parents. This is just flat terrible.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 10:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks for posting. I am so sorry. I've no immediate bright ideas to help, not having been through this exact situation, but maybe others here will have thoughts...

1  
Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 10:59 pm
@ossobucotemp,
My son and DIL got married in 2004, I've known the family since 2002-3. It so incredibly sad and pointless. Another beautiful young women destroyed and has left a helpless child behind. This little girl has an extended family and of course that's wonderful, but what happens to the babies who have no one to lean on? I'm just very sad tonight, and I'm getting too old to of practical use to a two year old. But I do know that it's not hopeless, just very tragic.