Eyeglasses - Protective Anti-glare surface

gollum

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:30 pm
I started to buy a pair of glasses today from an optometrist when he offered to apply a protectiven anti-glare surface for $45.00. He said that I would see better and that my vision might be better in the years to come than if I didn't purchase it.

Does it have any value?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 988 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
In the years to come you will see clearly that it didn't help your eyesight. But they are cool and don't fog up.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:19 am
Re: Eyeglasses - Protective Anti-glare surface
gollum wrote:
I started to buy a pair of glasses today from an optometrist when he offered to apply a protectiven anti-glare surface for $45.00. He said that I would see better and that my vision might be better in the years to come than if I didn't purchase it.

Does it have any value?

The "anti-glare" surface might help to deflect sun rays from your retinas. In that respect, the surface could help to protect your vision.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:29 am
gollum

I have anti-glare coating on my glasses and it's great - no reflections of lights behind your shoulder (especially good driving at night) and others can see your eyes better so it cuts down on the "barrier" effect of wearing specs.

I'd say $45 was worth it.

KP
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 10:22 am
When I had my old CRT monitor, the glare free glasses were wonderful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 10:35 am
I find the anti-glare protection particularly helpful when I'm driving, or when I'm on the water in a boat. Really cuts down on the squinting, and improves what I can see.

I'd recommend it, with the one con (for me) - they need to be cleaned a lot more carefully and more frequently than glasses without the coating. The opticians always warn about it, and they're right.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:55 am
I have it on my glasses, too. Love it.
0 Replies