please help

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:00 pm
I am on the depo birth control shot. I made love with my boyfriend and he pulled out and didn't finish after he pulled out he "made himself" finish. Should I be worried about pregnancy?

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:04 pm
@coontoonz,
Why would you be worried if you are on birth control?

You should probably be more worried about sexually transmitted diseases and having unprotected sex by him not using a condom.

Help me understand why you think you should be worried about pregnancy if you are using a birth control method such as the depo shot.
coontoonz

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
I just worry because I don't want to be that .1% that gets pregnant
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:10 pm
@coontoonz,
Then you should definitely be using a second layer of birth control (and personal protection against STDs) by having your partner use a condom.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:43 pm
@coontoonz,
The time to worry about not being that .1% is before sexual relations, not after.

That said, there is a 99.9% chance that you will not get pregnant. That's the best prediction I can do for you. If you are worried, go get a morning after pill or, wait a few weeks and get a pregnancy test kit from your local drug store.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:46 pm
@coontoonz,
Maybe you'll only have 0.1% of a baby?
0 Replies

i809

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 01:09 am
@coontoonz,
If he pulled out, its pretty safe (not 100% tho). I used to do that with my GF for years (no birth control). First months I was freaking out, she's often late with her periods, it runs in their family. After a few stressful incidents just said meh, **** it, and stopped worrying.
jespah

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 06:02 am
@i809,
Maybe start worrying again (not the OP - you're fine)

Planned Parenthood says:
Quote:
Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly. Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

Buy some condoms and use them.

They also say:
Quote:
Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly. Each year, 18 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.

Combine the two methods and, while it's not perfect, it's still better than just pulling out and shrugging. That's how people become parents.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 02:26 pm
@i809,
Ha!

Our "pull out, because the hand is quicker than the eye" is now 44 years old.

A lovely daughter.
0 Replies

AliceBROWN

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 04:50 am
@coontoonz,
There is lot's of birth control medicines are available in the market.
0 Replies