The missing social pieces

Bumsin

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 06:54 pm
Hello reader.

I am a 21 year old male and I feel like im not living up to my full potential and I need some advice. I will try to mention some relevant stuff, to make you get an idea on my situation.

First, let me introduce myself.
I grew up in a small town with my mom, my dad and mom divorced when I was still a baby, and I have always stayed with my mom, I have first started to connect with my dad in the past years, but I do not think that I have the normal family bond with him as everybody else have towards their dad.
My mom have done her best to raise me and my brother, but her not being from the country we live in, she have been bad adjusting to the cultural differences and bad at showing us how to interact, and most of my learning experience comes from my friends or myself, and I still find situations at social meetings where im clueless on how to interact.
My family have always consisted of the three of us. Growing up both my parents would use violence as punishment, not anything bad, but normal hitting and slapping was their way of showing us.
At the moment, I live in my own apartment in the capital of my country, where I am studying economics at the university on my second year, which takes up alot of my time. I workout/exercise 6-7 times a week, rest of my free time is spend with friends, reading, music or gaming. That is pretty much my life right now, but the thing is, I do not have any female friends and overall I am bad at making new friendship with both male and females, guess you can say that im bad at socializing with other people in general.
I only talk to my close friends, both in real life and on social media. I find it weird to talk to people im not used to talk to, mostly because my conversation skills are weak.
I find it hard to say anything besides "hello", "how is it going" and mostly talk about boring school stuff, like if he finished the assignment for the week. I suck at telling stories, and most of the time I can not think of anything interesting to say.

Lately I have been trying to self improve, going to parties, but it always seems like im not having fun, neither does my friends, as most of them are smokers and they always end up getting too high ( I do not smoke myself). Everyone else would probably find new friends, but im kinda stuck as I am the worst person in the world to make new friends. (Im not saying that I do not like my friends, they are great! But I would like to hang out more people and expand my network).
Last time at a party, a cute girl made a comment towards me (clearly to interact with me) when I was ordering at the bar, but ofcourse my game is the worst and I just smile and walk off with my drink (byebye girl).

The last couple of weekends I have been a little depressed, I feel like my life only consist of the same things, and im not self improving at all, I have read alot about the issues im dealing with, but it does not seem to fix it, and I feel like I need some more personal advice.

Regards.
Bumsin.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 380 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Bumsin

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 10:34 am
Up..
0 Replies