Can you BE any more of a sheep?
timur

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:26 pm
@JLO1988,
Can you be any more of a thief?
JLO1988

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:56 pm
@timur,
I stole some dog-poop off my front yard the other day, I don't own a dog. Was that your work?
timur

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 02:53 pm
@JLO1988,
You stole your own poop? Hmmm..
JLO1988

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 03:29 pm
@timur,
So because you **** on my yard the poop belongs to me? Smells like forgery
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:07 pm
@timur,
timur,

You write a book, someone buy it. After reading it he gave me the book as a gift. Nothing wrong with this.

This person makes a copy because he wants to keep the original, and he gave me the copy for free. Whom are you going to arrest?

I just received the copy for free, and doing so I'm doing nothing wrong.

Same happens with sharing music and videos, you might arrest the ones who violate the copyrights, but the ones who receive the music and songs for free are doing nothing wrong.

How far the laws of the US apply to out of the country internet sharing of music and videos, I have no idea, but receiving gifts, even when they are stolen is not a crime unless you are a corrupt politician selling your influence for money or gifts.

0 Replies

timur

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:19 pm
Just another bad idea.

Quote:
The punishment for receiving stolen property is a fine or imprisonment. The term of years imposed varies from state to state. In jurisdictions where value is an element of the offense, the severity of the penalty is commensurate with the value of the goods. Where value is not an element, it might still be significant in determining the severity of the punishment.
JLO1988

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 08:36 am
@timur,
That was a blanket criticism of American penal code.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 05:33 pm
Here is a very good article about piracy.

The author of the article recognizes how hard is today to enforce the law protecting copyrights.

This is similar with the famous marijuana, so many users, so many arrests, and finally the law was diminished, ignored and CHANGED.

Marihuana is now openly consumed not only for medical purposes but also for fun.

Same with homosexuality in the 80's, and recently with illegal immigrants.

The "law breakers" are so many that laws are changing because they have lost their point.

American musicians can't do anything against Italian pirates. Japanese car companies can't do anything against Chinese counterfeit car parts.

I just bought "Honda clips" which package of 50 pieces cost no more than 3 bucks. The clips are identical, and are sold on eBay.

Enforcing the law is to prosecute thousands of sellers -American and foreign- who sell copies of almost everything at a cheaper price on eBay.

The article from below calls for a different way to compensate the artist, the writer, the singer, the whatever. However, it recognizes that it is so hard -if not impossible- to stop piracy.

He even declared himself guilty of piracy when copying music from old LPs of a neighbor... can someone tell me what will be the penalty for that?

http://www.applelinks.com/mooresviews/pirate.shtml

JLO1988

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 07:56 am
@carloslebaron,
It's like trying to convince sheep that their fur is worth money.
0 Replies

JLO1988

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 12:12 am
bump deez nuts
0 Replies

JLO1988

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:33 pm
bump DEEEEZ nuts
0 Replies

JLO1988

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 11:36 am
I defeated the trolls. #bump