The Neverending Argument About Everything

Clary

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 12:03 pm
I like 'inslut thread' - first find your slut...

Toe fungus is hardly found any more since most civilised people and a good many uncivilised ones clean their feet every day. You are obviously hopelessly out of date, since grey and brown have been the new black so long that you should be saying the new grey, or new brown.

Justice should not only be done, it should be seen to be done.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
Where to start with that? That sounds like a very generalized argument, but a flawed one, I'm afraid. For the justice system to work, there have to be effective detriments against breaking it; but, to see that justice is done in every case, can often lead to injustice, due to our crooked legal system in which assaulting someone while sleepwalking results in an insanity charge. It is an affront to justice itself that everyone should be taken to task. Take the example in Measure for Measure; Angelo wants justice to be served to everyone, even if this means applying harsh rules to nearly-innocent men (like Claudio.) Justice is never fair, unless peppered with Mercy, where appropriate.

Conforming is overrated.

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:03 pm
It has almost become a truism to overrate it, I find nobody ever overrates it, most people think it sucks, even teenagers who are doing it all the time have the illusion of being individual. Who the hell overrates it? I've never met them.

Blue and green
Should never be seen
(Maxim of the 20s)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:25 pm
Why should we bow down to others' ideas about colour. 'This is the new black!' 'That's SOOO too pastel for summer!' 'Is she wearing last year's colours?' 'No! She's wearing them from 2002! omg, omg!" I find this the first step towards complete autocracy. Today they tell one what colours to wear; to-morrow, what colour of speech you can use.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:27 pm
Oh, er:

Chinese Checkers should be an olympic sport, because it would encourage more children that good mental education has plenty of benefits.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:29 pm
you're so full of **** your eyes are brown.....gwb is trying to establish a world dictatorship look where it's gotten us....

If you put a crooked smile on the head of my penis with a marker it looks exactly like Dick Cheney.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:31 pm
Laughing

You are SOOO mistaken. I went to a party of Kicky's, saw the tapes. It looks more like Donald Rumsfield, chum.

I don't see dead people.

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 02:30 am
Oh yes you do; your world is people from dead books written by dead people.

Theresa Heinz would be a disaster in the White House.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:45 am
Well, there is a slight possibiliity of a few hiccups. But what could seriously go wrong with a person called Heinz? Beans commercials' pay-outs could pay for the next costly scheme.

Darts are so boring; their coverage should be kept well off the television.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
How can you say that - a sharp character like you? Don't see the point? Obviously need to throw a triple or score a bull's eye yourself to get into the game and feel the needle.

The best rinse for dark hair is malt vinegar.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 05:43 am
What a great way to wash one's hair, by ruining one's scalp with acid! That's like putting a ring on one's finger and then asking for the whole damned hand to be amputated.

I am not a prude.

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 04:12 pm
Oh yes you are! You only have to look at the avatar you choose to see that you wish to be a Victorian girl-woman with religious tendencies and narrow horizons. Prove you aren't a prude!

We are not all in the gutter.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 01:59 pm
Of course we are! The whole world is a giant gutter therefor we are all in it.

All houses should have central heating.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:54 pm
All houses should have central heating like all children should have scabies. The only thing central about central heating is its concentration of application in the centers of wealth. If anyone tells you otherwise they're morons and the children of wealthy, scheming capitalist pigdogs.

Susan isn't a good name for a boy.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:07 pm
Susan is a fabulous name for a boy! Why, any boy would be proud to wear a name like that. It would be a mark of honour and a sure stepping stone into the circles of the elite.

Sugar should be banned from sale in supermarkets.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:49 pm
Sugar should be banned from sale in all supermarkets. I suppose you've already considered the sudden halt in sales would create room for another black market empire. I can see it now: little children wandering down back alleys for the white stuff. Why? We've forced them to! Now the candy man cuts their sugar with coke and they're druggies for life! Smart thinking.

Albert Einstein was a pretty intelligent guy.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:01 am
Albert Einstein, intelligent? Well; one's haircut says a lot about whether one is intelligent or not. He wasn't smart enough to even comb his hair.

We should all go back to speaking Middle English.

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:41 pm
Art thou insane?! I daresay I couldn'st speak it properly even if I were taught 't with a gun to my headst!! If we were meant to be speaking Middle English we would have been brought up that way. Someone along the way thought it a good idea to change however gradually to the way we speak now. Mind you, some could use English lessons, those who speak English as a FIRST language, I mean. But, Middle English, ugh! Should we wear corsets and do as they did then as well?!

I think that there shall never be anything so lovely as a tree.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:32 pm
A stick pointing out of the ground, give or take a few leaves? What's so great about that?

Candles are a bad thing to swear faith with. Unless your idea of faith is something that drips away, gradually, to nothing, it's very inappropriate.

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 01:54 am
That is my idea of faith, religious faith anyway.

The Olympic opening ceremony was very beautiful and interesting.
0 Replies