The Neverending Argument About Everything

drom et reve

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 11:42 am
What? If you did such a irresponsible thing, we would have more absurd contentions, like Clary's.

Jesus is your brother

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:08 pm
Now wait a minute - that's not fair. I finally show up on this thread and I get to in insult...Jesus? H. Christ drom your post totally friggin SUCKS. You hear me?

I like dogs.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:24 pm
Dogs bark too loudly and insist on doing it when their masters want peace and quiet; this is really thoughtless, which goes to show they only think of themselves.

Italian drivers are the best.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:28 pm
Hardly worth arguing about. Anyone who has driven on that curly autostrada that goes down the west coast without losing 5 yrs of their life in hair-raising stress must be already dead!

Spanish food is worse than French
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:37 pm
Pfft. I shall destroy your argument with two words: El Bulli. http://travel.guardian.co.uk/activities/food/story/0,7447,819330,00.html

There is nothing worse than British food.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
There is nothing worse than British food? Pah! English people imitate the French rather well, culinarily. If you think that that's the worst, then you must never have been in a Kazakh 'restaurant!'

There is no such thing as infinity

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
Well, there surely is such a thing as infinity, as in the infinite myth that the French are culinary geniuses when it was the Italians who taught them how to cook. The French were still roasting oxen in public squares when Catherine de Medici introduced them to foie gras and truffles, and the fork.

Ergo, there is no such thing as British Cuisine, save for the local chippy, and even fries are Belgian.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:47 pm
So roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, or Devonshire splits, clotted cream and jam, or mincemeat, Christmas pudding, or bread and butter pudding are just Italian, or French? Give me a break, sausage-nose!

Certainly no such thing as Canadian food, unless roast large animal (?elk ?moose) counts as cuisine.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:59 pm
The problem with Canadians and their self promoted superiority is that they couldn't tell a moose from an elk if it walked up and bit them in the ass.

What's up with British teeth?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:03 pm
They are certainly good enough to eat swordfish with, not to mention biting the hand that feeds them, gnashing with despair etc. And we don't spend a fortune just to get them to look white.

Why do people boast about their cars?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:18 pm
Moose have much larger horns than elk, and not as much useable meat in the tender department. Roast beef may be popular British fare, but tracking where it originally came from is impossible, but I'm guessing it wasn't India. Yorkshire pudding is just a variation on popovers, which James Beard has confirmed as an original American recipe. Clotted cream, similar to creme fraiche, French. Bread pudding has been made since ancient times, and it's history is not clear. As for Christmas pudding, jam and mincemeat, all debatable as to their origin.

What is it with Americans and getting their teeth so gleaming white?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:22 pm
White is for purity, it goes with their religious brand of politics and desire to seem squeaky clean. (come on, Yorkshire pud well antedates popovers! And creme fraiche does not taste or look remotely like Devon clotted cream)

Why do Americans and Canadians dislike each other so much?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:24 pm
Clary wrote:

Why do Americans and Canadians dislike each other so much?

<as an aside, I'll let you know where we stand after the vote today>
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:28 pm
<enlighten me about the vote>
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:56 pm
Of course they dislike each other that much when they are same dumb jerks! Which is not surprise considering fact they're coming from England at first place!

Wimbledon is greatest tournament ever - I wish all tennis tournaments were played on grass.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
Wimbleton or any other British sporting event are horrible to watch because the American broadcastsers are forced to simply voiceover the BBC feed. Would someone please teach the British how to properly use a camera and produce a sporting event?

Baseball is boring.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:20 pm
Baseball is boring, but good for meditation.

Shouldn't baseball teams hire a guru so the spectator can do some Tibetan chants?
Certainly it's much better than having those poor people inside a ridicolous disguise try to wake the people up.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:26 pm
What are you two talking about??? Baseball is only thing that is good speaking of American sports.

Now WNBA - that really sucks, basketball without slam dunks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:35 pm
Hey, my third cousin plays in the WNBA. Her name is Kayshaun Maloufalalala Doppler Radar Okaifore. And you're right she can't dunk. So I agree with you, the WNBA does pretty much suck.

So what do I do now? Just throw out a random insult or something?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:37 pm
hehe, don't know, try Smile You supposed to disagree I guess Wink Or pass until someone else disagrees, it's not personal game - you just answer to previous poster, but your claim should be general so that anyone else can continue.
At least I think Smile
0 Replies