snood

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:22 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have never directed personal remarks at you, other than to wonder why you direct such at me.

How old are you, edgar? You reckon if I apologized for my grievous offense you could get over it? I still maintain that you have suggested I'm stupid and lazy for not being a Bernie bot, but what have we got to do for you to get past being butt hurt?
parados

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:33 am
@edgarblythe,
Let's start with the beginning. They fail to mention that this was not "looking at" the voter data. It was downloading to xcel files on their own computer. The rest of it is nothing more than speculation about about how there may be some conspiracy because one of four people that downloaded information was recommended to them by the DNC. Bernie had 4 people that downloaded information they shouldn't have.

I suppose you could call this propaganda. Include 25% of the truth and then create a conspiracy that isn't true from the partial truth. There is no impartial reporting of the facts here.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:00 am
@parados,
All I (and Sanders) are asking is a thorough investigation by an unbiased source. Anything less is just rehashing the he said/she said.
snood

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:01 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

All I (and Sanders) are asking is a thorough investigation by an unbiased source. Anything less is just rehashing the he said/she said.

Both sides are asking for that - despite the pro Bernie propaganda to the contrary.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:02 am
@snood,
I only ask you to lay off getting personal with your replies. Otherwise I will quit trying to dialog with you.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:03 am
@snood,
Not so. The others agreed to such an investigation, but now are stonewalling.
snood

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:08 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I only ask you to lay off getting personal with your replies. Otherwise I will quit trying to dialog with you.

Edgar, I like most of what you do here. And I still think that we'd like each other if we ever met. But on this upcoming election and the competition between Hillary and Bernie, I maintain that you are being tunnel visioned and over sensitive ( you'll probably call that a personal attack - sigh). I will not engage with you anymore for at least a long spell on this election, because the interactions are clearly counter productive. I'm not putting you on ignore and I don't think any less of you. I just think we can't talk about Bernie and Hillary.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Who is stonewalling an investigation?

Sanders campaign filed a law suit. Law suits tend to interfere with investigations.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:06 am
@edgarblythe,
By the way the DNC hired an auditing firm to do the investigation. That was announced last week. Since then we have had Christmas and a long holiday weekend. I suppose Christmas is part of the conspiracy to slow down the investigation.
revelette2

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:24 am
@parados,
Personally, I am with Bernie on this one, I wish the democrats would just move on from this whole issue. Or at least let the process play out and talk of other issues of import to voters. Such as plans to income equality. I am so ashamed of my state. We just let a governor who we knew would be horrible win because we were too lazy to get off our tushies and vote. Now our governor is calling for lower minimum wages and we have no one blame but ourselves. (Bevins and KY)I don't even want to contemplate what he is going to do our insurance. My husband just retired this past march and I am on Wellcare, probably will get it taken away. My medicine alone will put us in debt. Maybe we can recall him.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sure it's stupid, but that's the gist of it. Better vote a second choice, because it's just too hard to do the right thing.

Your second choice, my first choice and I believe that Your Bernie is blowing hot air just like Trump.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 06:50 am
http://i.imgur.com/hSie3Wg.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2016 08:48 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/us/politics/bernie-sanders-needing-early-lift-builds-iowa-ground-operation.html?_r=0

Quote:
DES MOINES — This fall the words of a Hillary Clinton backer were posted like a locker-room taunt on the wall at Bernie Sanders’s Iowa headquarters: “There is no Sanders organization.”

The quote, from Jerry Crawford, a leader of Iowa’s Democratic establishment, was meant to enrage and goad the Sanders staff, and it did the job.

The campaign has quietly assembled an extensive ground game here, with 100 paid staff members and with trained volunteer leaders for each of the state’s 1,681 caucus precincts.

The field team is meant to be the engine for a Sanders upset in the caucuses on Feb. 1 — the vehicle to turn out the tens of thousands of grass-roots supporters who show up for Mr. Sanders’s rallies, even if they no longer earn him headlines.

Mr. Sanders almost certainly needs a victory in Iowa for his candidacy to remain viable. For Mrs. Clinton, the stakes are also high, though different: A loss here would revive memories of her third-place finish in the 2008 Iowa caucuses won by Barack Obama.

<snip>

Quote:
He will need that enthusiasm because younger and economically struggling voters are historically less likely to caucus. Even in 2008, when Mr. Obama won the caucuses with an outsize share of younger voters, only 23 percent of Democratic caucusgoers were under 30.

“It’s definitely closer than some of the polls showing her up by double digits,” said Derek Eadon, who helped organize Mr. Obama’s 2008 campaign in the state. But he was skeptical the Sanders campaign would galvanize first-time caucusgoers in the same numbers that turned out eight years ago. He predicted total turnout closer to the 124,000 Democrats who caucused in 2004 than the record 240,000 in 2008.

Mr. Eadon, a political consultant unaffiliated with any candidate, said that even though Mr. Sanders had a large field operation, there were signs it was being outhustled by Mrs. Clinton’s team, which has been in place longer. Until this weekend, neither Mr. Eadon nor his wife, for example, had been contacted by Sanders volunteers by phone or at their West Des Moines home.

“We’ve gotten knocked twice by the Clinton campaign,” Mr. Eadon said. “They’re continuing to stay in touch with my wife, who is undecided.”

more at the link
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2016 09:57 pm
(Licking my lips). Liking this support in Harlem and Queens.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-senators-harlem-queens-support-sanders-exclusive-article-1.2480639?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffer29bc6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 05:23 pm
Bern makes a joke with (on) Goldman Sachs.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6482702
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:28 pm
Dear Bernie Supporters, When you threaten to quit supporting unions, quit supporting NARAL, quit supporting the LoCV, quit supporting the DNC, quit supporting your favorite artists and celebrities, and quit supporting the most liberal congressman in your state all because they endorse Hillary, you expose yourself as a fraud who never really supported anything in the first place.

Of course not all Bernie supporters are like this but there are enough of them to warrant addressing the issue.

Go Hillary! Razz
Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:14 am
@jcboy,
The DNC currently sucks ass.
Hillary is a hawkish crook who supported DOMA, and thought your marriage shouldn't have been allowed until it became impossible for her to be elected as a Democrat without reversing that position.

She strongly supports anti-Union TPP, anti-ecological policies.

Wake up. She's a Republican.

Meanwhile, the Sanders campaign shot themselves in the foot and Trump is creating a bit of chaos in Bernie's back yard.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/06/donald-trump-with-overbooked-crowd-to-tread-on-bernie-sanderss-turf/?_r=0

revelette2

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:17 am
@Lash,
How has the Bernie campaign shot themselves in the foot?
Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 06:36 pm
@revelette2,
Did you read the article I linked?
revelette2

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:26 pm
@Lash,
Do you expect Bernie Sanders to be obnoxious? I thought it was polite and a subtle message for Trump to be more tolerant and more respectful of the environment. Nothing wrong with it that I can see.