snood

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 08:57 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I mean, c'mon. It's like ET hiding in the toy closet.

And, I have to say, too - she's pictured there beside her buddy Trump, who she has her arm around in that infamous pic of her and the former president at Trump's wedding. They all look ever so chummy.

How does that not resonate with everyone?

(Notwithstanding her hawkish foreign policy history and plans.)

Ok, the ET remark - now you made me laugh, dang it.
Lash

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 08:59 am
@snood,
LOL! (curtseys)
snood

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:23 am
@Lash,
You're a pill
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:30 am
@Lash,
There was a time when people on opposite party's got along well enough to socialize. There was a time when Trump was not so right wing. Doubt they would be socializing too much these days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 12:06 pm
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12359823_1029486517113851_5929840951519158258_n.jpg?oh=208b95bbfad18988e0f2a345118825e1&oe=571DE117
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:00 am
http://www.inquisitr.com/2654972/anonymous-gives-10-reasons-for-backing-bernie-sanders-speaks-against-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Anonymous backs Bernie.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:09 am
Bernie pulls ahead of Clinton in Iowa.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-iowa-poll/index.html
revelette2

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:09 am
@Lash,
Yes, Clinton is still ahead of Bernie despite the fact for months newspaper headlines keep talking about Clinton's lead shrinking. Bernie will not win the primary baring some big crises in the Clinton campaign.

Now the Bernie camp is talking about conspiracies because the guy who accessed the Clinton files came recommended by the company who manages the files. Ridiculous in my opinion but I imagine it will get a lot of play. I have lost respect for Bernie Sanders, I think his desire to win has made him paranoid or determined to say anything to put Clinton in an unflattering light.
snood

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:22 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Yes, Clinton is still ahead of Bernie despite the fact for months newspaper headlines keep talking about Clinton's lead shrinking. Bernie will not win the primary baring some big crises in the Clinton campaign.

Now the Bernie camp is talking about conspiracies because the guy who accessed the Clinton files came recommended by the company who manages the files. Ridiculous in my opinion but I imagine it will get a lot of play. I have lost respect for Bernie Sanders, I think his desire to win has made him paranoid or determined to say anything to put Clinton in an unflattering light.

I really don't think Bernie is the driving source of that part of his campaign. I think his campaign manager and some others are shady and ambitious and don't have any compunction about doing or saying whatever to get elected, and I think Bernie is not a strong enough personality to keep them in check, so he ends up just getting pulled along. I think Bernie left to his own devices would run a clean, issues-based campaign. But I don't think he has a good handle on the direction things took since the data breach kerfuffle. Of course this is all conjecture on my part. Just going by the impressions I get from seeing him answer questions and seeing his staff answer questions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:31 am
@revelette2,
I agree with Snood on this one, Revelette. I think it more likely that Bernie would run a completely above-board campaign...but that he is now paying a price for how campaigns work.

If anything, it is not a commentary on his ability to stay atop things...and perhaps it says something about his desire for the high road...and how that works out in the rough and tumble world of politics.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:58 am
Everyone isn't buying all the propaganda about how big a bump Bernie got out of the supposed Wasserman-Schultz/ DNC data breach "conspiracy":

Bernie Sanders was eager to turn his fight with the Democratic National Committee into an anti-establishment battle cry that might unite his base and deprive Hillary Clinton a piece of the party she’ll need to secure the nomination. Trouble is, Iowa Democrats aren’t buying it.

There’s certainly a pricklier political tone in this caucus state after the data breach rocked the Democratic contest last week. But, local activists — Clinton’s, Sanders’ and those who are still neutral — say Sanders failed to turn this dispute into the momentum boost his team intended in Iowa.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/bernie-sanders-progressives-data-breach-support-217114#ixzz3vRHgCMlI

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:10 am
@Lash,

you meant to say pulled, right?

that was in September - and it was a 1 point lead - the headline called it pulling even

December 23rd, 3 days ago

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/23/politics/cnn-orc-poll-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders/

Quote:
CNN poll: Post-debate, voters move to Clinton

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton maintains a commanding lead in a new CNN/ORC poll, boosted by broader support in the days after the latest debate between the remaining three Democratic presidential candidates.

Overall, Clinton tops Sanders among registered voters who are Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents 50% to 34%. That's a slightly tighter margin than in late-November, when Clinton led 58% to 30% over Sanders.

But those overall results mask a shift back toward Clinton following the Democratic debate on Saturday night. In interviews conducted before the debate, Sanders ran closer to Clinton, with 37% support to Clinton's 45%. Among those interviewed after the debate, Clinton's lead grew to 60% vs. Sanders' 27%.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:19 pm
@snood,
Sounds like a discription of Ronny Raygun.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:29 pm
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/12/28/dnc-member-endorses-bernie-sanders-nevada.html

DNC super delegate endorses the Bern. Wink
revelette2

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:34 am
@Lash,
I'm glad, I want to keep him in the race.

UPDATE:

Bernie Sanders in negotiations with DNC to move beyond data breach
Lash

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:39 am
@revelette2,
Very disappointing that they can't get to the bottom of the DNC/Hillary connection and examine ALL the data breaches, but litigation so many times is little more than a time/money drain on the injured party.

I wish he could pursue it.
snood

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:45 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Very disappointing that they can't get to the bottom of the DNC/Hillary connection and examine ALL the data breaches, but litigation so many times is little more than a time/money drain on the injured party.

I wish he could pursue it.

That's because you're sure that HRC's camp would come out looking worse than Bernie's. It ain't necessarily so.
revelette2

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:55 am
@Lash,
Well, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves in any event. The agreement hasn't happened yet as far as I know. I hope they do so that the democratic primary can get back to discussing issues which matter to voters in their every day lives. Bernie Sanders wants that as well.
Lash

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:56 am
@snood,
Why does no one care that the NGOVAN, run by DWS nephew - hired by her - dropped the firewall at least twice, and that Bernie's team was worried THEY were being robbed of their hard-won contacts?

That is the story. I think there is credence to the narrative that the Bernie team was compiling evidence to force the DNC to deal with the shitty, suspect server / DNC connection.

The people who want a candidate other than HRC are being robbed in broad daylight. I think it is an affront to this country's foundation.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:58 am
@revelette2,
He wants it because he's fighting an entrenched corrupt infrastructure of politicians, billionaires, and media. He can't fight productively on that many fronts.

0 Replies