hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 06:16 am
@Lash,
If he keeps this up I may need to amend my opinion that he has little political skill. I dont know when things changed, but Bernie now clearly thinks he has a chance of getting her, and has decided to give it a go.
Lash

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 06:23 am
@hawkeye10,
I was actually afraid he wasn't even going to mention her name or draw any contrasts between them, so I'm thrilled. I just don't think what he's said thus far are attacks.

Her sexism accusations pissed a lot of people off. He says he should have responded more forcefully. I agree.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 08:06 am
Granddad McSexypants takes on the world.

https://youtu.be/KWNAFoK2OW4
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:23 pm
In new shock poll, Sanders has landslides over both Trump and Bush
Source: The Hill

By Brent Budowsky

In a new McClatchy-Marist poll, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leads Republican candidate Donald Trump by a landslide margin of 12 percentage points, 53 to 41. In the McClatchy poll, Sanders also leads former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) by a landslide margin of 10 points, 51 to 41.

The huge Sanders advantage over Trump is not new. In the last four match-up polls between them reported by Real Clear Politics, Sanders defeated Trump by margins of 12, 9, 9 and 2 percentage points.

The huge Sanders advantage over Bush is new. In previous match-ups, the polling showed Sanders and Bush running virtually even, with Bush holding a 1-point lead over Sanders in most of the polls. Future polls will be needed to test whether the huge Sanders lead over Bush in the McClatchy poll will be repeated in future polling or whether the McClatchy poll is an outlier.

It is shocking that the data suggests that Sanders has a lead over Trump that could be so huge that he would win a landslide victory in the presidential campaign, with margins that would almost certainly lead Democrats to regain control of the Senate and could help Democrats regain control of the House of Representative — if, of course, the three polls that show Sanders beating Trump by 9 to 12 points reflect final voting in the presidential election.

FULL story and video at link.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/259812-in-new-shock-poll-sanders-has-landslides-over-both
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 06:33 pm
I'm having my first unhappy Bernie moment.

Bernie's team argued hotly today after CBS changed the focus of the debate. I know full well the focus was changed in favor of the Clinton campaign because the powers that be seem confident Hillary's hawkishness will be much more preferable to Bernie's preference toward diplomacy.

People are generally bloodthirsty after an attack, and the HRC campaign is trying to capitalize on that and on the misery in Paris.

I'm hoping Bernie will remember the most important things in his favor tonight:
It was with Hillary's vote of approval that the war in Iraq started - and that left the vacuum that created AQ, who morphed into ISIS. It was also OBAMA's decision to skate early and leave that boiled the soup of ISIS.

Bernie was one of a handful who voted against the war.

Additionally, the situation is Paris is evidence that strict gun laws don't stop shooting violence.

If Bernie was a regular politician, he might make mention of all the arms deals she's signed off on for so many countries...oddly, countries who donate so generously to the effing Clinton foundation,... but he won't. *grin* Maybe O'Malley will...

Some people expect that this is not Bernie's topic.

I guess we'll see.

I don't doubt he has the most well-thought policies. I just don't know if the American people are thoughtful enough to see it.
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 09:58 pm
@Lash,
Ha. No worries. Bern kicked ass.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:50 am
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34532136

Now, we're moving!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 06:28 am
Sanders: “I am not asking Wall Street or the billionaires for money,”

Sanders proclaimed. “I will break up these banks. Support the community banks and credit unions. That's the future of America.”

“I have never heard a candidate—never—who has received huge amounts of money from oil, from coal, from Wall Street, from the military industrial complex, not one candidate—'oh, these campaign contributions will not influence me. I’m going to be independent.'

"Well, why do they make millions of dollars of campaign contributions? They expect to get something. Everybody knows that. Once again, I am running a campaign differently than any other candidate. We are relying on small campaign donors, 750,000 of them, 30 bucks a piece. That's who I'm indebted to,”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/14/hillary-says-wall-street-supports-her-because-of-9-11.html
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:02 pm
http://www.complex.com/music/2015/11/killer-mike-took-bernie-sanders-out-to-eat-at-busy-bee-in-atlanta

Killer Mike takes Bernie to lunch on MLK in the ATL. (I hope Bernie had the salad.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:22 am
Republicans leaving the GOP, some for Bernie, some for good. I really think this election is going to usher in a sea change in American politics.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-lifelong-conservatives-who-love-bernie-sanders/417441/
snood

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:11 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Republicans leaving the GOP, some for Bernie, some for good. I really think this election is going to usher in a sea change in American politics.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-lifelong-conservatives-who-love-bernie-sanders/417441/

What is the measure of your optimism? I mean, do you think this change will have happened only if Bernie wins, or will it still be a paradigm changer because of the way Trump and Bernie have formed their electorates?

There's a chance the election might resolve without ushering in this new Era but only breaking ground as far as first female president.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:24 am
@snood,
Quote:
There's a chance the election might resolve without ushering in this new Era but only breaking ground as far as first female president.

Or the first amateur politician who was not a general first getting the POTUS chair......
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:34 am
@snood,
Based on what I read on social media and news articles, I think there's a synergy fed in part by sensible Republicans not finding a viable candidate and simultaneously finding a trustworthy change agent who isn't your run-of-the-mill Dem on the other side of the aisle. Both of those things so emphatically occurring at the same time (nutbars on the GOP side and a non-Dem on the Dem side) seem to be the impetus for what looks like a notable re-shuffling of party allegiances.

All of the people who cite changes in party allegiance also voice allegiance to Bernie. Not ONE former Republican shifting to Dem has said she / he is moving toward Hillary.

I see many Indies in some states who had to register Dem to vote for him. Some Republicans are holding their noses as Dems for a season and then, like the voter in the article, will then settle into the Indie party.

You know, you can read this several ways. They're putting up a smoke screen to lull the Ds into backing the one easiest to beat in Nov....The numbers shifting are smaller than they seem...or, it is what it looks like it is.

But something massive is happening.

Look at his crowds - everywhere. He turned away thousands after packing the Civic Center in Savannah.

Savannah.

He had 1/3 minorities in the ATL. Killer Mike hung out with him for 5 hours and opened for him with a passionate speech.

This is not politics as usual.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:38 am
@Lash,
Government/political incompetence got the people to our breaking point. This is the new normal till we fix Washington.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:44 am
@hawkeye10,
I think you're right.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 09:43 am
https://berniesanders.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Tulchin-Research-Memo-Bernie-Sanders-2016-Public-Polling-Analysis.pdf

Name recognition is boosting Bernie.

A lot of head-to-head match ups in this polling data.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 10:50 am
Edging up!
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-hillary-clinton-holds-steady-support-among-democrats-n466641

"Sanders maintains a strong lead among young voters, and he trails Clinton by a mere 3 points among whites, 6 points among men, and by 9 points among college graduates."
RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:23 pm
@Lash,
Trump and Bernie are two of a kind in that they both preach what their base want to hear. Bernie, if he were truthful would admit that if we dont change the members of congress from the Tea Baggers that neither he nor anyone else on the demo side will do shyt. The fact he claims he is going to change things is a bunch of lieing crap.
snood

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:41 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Trump and Bernie are two of a kind in that they both preach what their base want to hear. Bernie, if he were truthful would admit that if we dont change the members of congress from the Tea Baggers that neither he nor anyone else on the demo side will do shyt. The fact he claims he is going to change things is a bunch of lieing crap.

THAT'S exactly the small element of honesty that gets missed in all the rhapsodic glorification of the "revolutionary" Bernie. He isn't going to swoop into DC and do a Red Sea miracle on the entrenched and inert layers of good old boys and lobbied interests, any more than Obama could.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:09 pm
@RABEL222,
Incorrect. Bernie's been saying the same thing since before this election cycle. He's saying what he's always said, not what people want to hear. They are just attracted to what he's always been about.

He has said he'll need the same intensity from his grassroots supporters to get his plan pushed through, so as usual you don't know what you're talking about. He's said many times he can't bring the changes alone.

Nobody expects all these programs to be accomplished in one term, but he is trusted completely to begin swashbuckling in the direction we all want to go. First job, Glass Steagall.
0 Replies