Thanks.
snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:31 pm
@Lash,
Did you read past I WAS WRONG?
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 08:13 pm
@snood,
I do admit to pausing a bit over that part. Of course I read the whole thing.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 08:27 pm
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/56201d82e4b06462a13b719d?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics
Bernie meets privately with Sandra Bland's mom. And I love him more.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:40 am
@hawkeye10,
Your reading comprehension isent for shyt. I said I dont pay any attention to polls. Not that I dont read extensively both domestic media and foreign. Unlike you I dont think that if I think it it is automatically true. Infallibility isent my strong point.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:43 am
@roger,
Right you are. How the questions are posed can predetermine the out come of polls and most just give the percentages, not the questions.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:35 am
http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-law/presidential-debates-matter-more-than-you-think

Who won and why.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:06 am
@snood,
Quote:
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Other than they pulled it from their site and replaced it with the "Clinton Won" article?

No, I mean if they pulled it, where did you find it?

Screen capture. Also: first it was there, there it wasn't.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:08 am
http://www.emediaworld.com/politics/sanders-won-the-cnn-poll-but-you-must-see-this.html

http://www.emediaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/eMediaWorld.com-MainStreamMedia-Bias.jpg

Sanders has not only won every single poll, he’s done so by a large margin. Even more important is the fact that Sanders won all three focus group polls. This is unprecedented because a focus group is a form of scientific qualitative research that gathers undecided or uncommitted voters for the purpose of evaluating the candidates’ performance in the debates — Sanders won in the eyes of the people.

1. C-SPAN: Sanders (7.2k) |Clinton (938)
2. TIME: Sanders 60% | Clinton 12%
3. CNN: Sanders 81% | Clinton 12%
4. Drudge: Sanders 61% (126,448 votes) | Clinton 6.74% (13,925 votes)
5. Dailykos: Sanders 59% (7,970 votes) | Clinton 34% (4,659 votes)
6. Slate: Sanders 75% | Clinton 18%
7. Syracuse: Sanders 78.11% (3,190 votes) | Clinton 15.77% (644 votes)
8. Fox5: Sanders 77.35% (30,248) | Clinton 15.86% (6,204 votes)
9. MSNBC: Sanders 81% | Clinton 12%
10. Wishtv8: Sanders 77.65% | Clinton 13.15%
11. Advocate: Sanders 77% | Clinton 19%
12. Nationalreview: Sanders 558 votes | Clinton 39 votes
13. 9news: Sanders 8.9k votes | Clinton 2.2k votes
14. Wwnc: Sanders 78% | Clinton 15%
15. Philadelphia.cbslocal: Sanders 81.03% | Clinton 14.56%
16. Postonpolitics: Sanders 84% | Clinton 10%
17. AJC: Sanders +225 -20 | Clinton +62 -108
18. Controversialtimes: Sanders 84.42 | Clinton 10.39
19. Tcpalm: Sanders 74% | Clinton 18%
20. WRIC 8NEWS: Sanders 75% | Clinton 6%
21. WGY: Sanders 68% | Clinton 12%

All three focus groups declared Sanders the victor.

1. Frank Luntz Focus Group: “The participants agreed overwhelmingly that Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders was the big winner at the first Democratic debate.”
2. Fusion Focus Group: “Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders was the most popular candidate among a group of young registered Democrats responding to Tuesday’s Democratic presidential debate in Las Vegas. The panel voted 8 to 3 for Sanders against the runner-up Hillary Clinton, with one panellist saying it was a tie between the two.”
3. CNN Focus Group: “Majority of CNN Focus Group Think Sanders Won First Debate”

Time Warner Inc owns CNN.
Time Warner Inc is Hillary’s 7th biggest financial supporter.
CNN is posting all over that Hillary won the debate.
CNN’s own polls show that 81% of their viewers think Bernie won.
CNN will not even post the results of their own poll.

If this isn’t some Orwellian 1984 behavior, I don’t know what is. We need to show corporations that we’re not taking the manipulation any more. ‪

CNN, under direct supervision of its parent company TimeWarner, are turning into Fox News-style news by only providing a biased look at the current presidential election. Ignoring dozens of feedback polls that indicated Sen. Bernie Sanders won the first democratic debate by a landslide, CNN has done all it can to promote HRC and is losing the trust of the people.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Sanders won in the eyes of the people.

We will not know till we have the tracking polls early next week. They should be about done collecting now. If the corporate propaganda media is right they will show that Hillary has a good jump in support. The polls that ask " who won the debate?" (real polling, not internet snap polls) are so far as I have seen so far coming back with the answer "Clinton", but I dont put too much stock in those.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:48 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Hillary Clinton's performance in Tuesday night's debate resonated strongly among members of her party, with more than half—56%—saying she won the debate. Just 3% of Democrats who watched or followed coverage of the debate said she did worst, giving her a net performance score of +53. Bernie Sanders scored a +30, showing he still appealed to a significant number of Democrats, according to the latest NBC News online poll conducted nationwide by SurveyMonkey from Tuesday evening immediately following the debate until Thursday morning.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/nbc-online-poll-clinton-wins-debate-reenergizes-core-backers-n445546

This indicates that the elite are going to have a problem next week. If immediately after the corporate propaganda machines nearly universally won in a landslide a third if the viewers say they think Sanders won then the power of suggestion did not fully work at least.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 06:56 am
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:24 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRT5hxwUYAAH1Gm.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 10:00 pm
No, He Can’t
Why Bernie Sanders' "Political Revolution" Doesn't Have a Chance

"...the only way we can get things done is by having millions of people coming together.” Sanders will build so much enthusiasm and inspire so many voters that he’ll come to office with the votes he needs to pursue his plans.

But there’s a problem. We’ve seen this story before.

Barack Obama entered office on a Democratic wave. He won a strong majority of the popular vote—flipping Republican states like Indiana and North Carolina—and helped Democrats win 255 seats in the House of Representatives and 56 seats in the Senate. With a sure mandate and a largely unified party, Obama was primed for success....

...Put differently, President Obama entered office under the best circumstances for any Democrat since Lyndon Johnson won a landslide in the 1964 presidential election. Yet his core priorities nearly crashed on the rocks of Republican opposition and political venality....

...a Sanders win would necessarily bring the kind of wave that would give him votes for his policies.
But this is blind to reality. Compromise is a distant shore. The Democratic Party has moved to the left, and the Republican Party has made a sharp turn to the right, guided by two generations of conservative revolutionaries, from Newt Gingrich to the Tea Party tidal wave of 2010. If you watched the Republican and Democratic debates back to back, you’d be forgiven for thinking they described two different countries.

What’s more, as demonstrated by the GOP presidential race—as well as the leadership fracas in the House of Representatives—many Republicans (57 percent, according to the Pew Research Center) reject compromise full stop. The world where Donald Trump and Ben Carson lead the GOP presidential race is not a world where Republican voters would support a Democratic president or assent to his policies.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/10/bernie_sanders_theory_of_change_isn_t_serious_the_vermont_senator_s_political.html
ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:46 am
@snood,
Scary and true.. unless there is a greater level of action by what I would call normal old time Republicans to talk their talk. But some of the smarter ones of those are leaving, for good reason. They go to other parties.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:27 am
Sorry, Bernie fans: The polls are coming in, and it looks like Clinton won the debate

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/igALpC7G4iMDt-2pBjYJ-l6ZlTA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4169462/Who%20won%20the%20debate.png

Quote:
Now, the first two are online polls (though conducted with much more methodologically rigorous techniques than the simple online surveys showing Sanders won), and the third is an overnight robocall poll from a minor firm. But they all ended up with very similar results, and the NBC/SurveyMonkey poll in particular is highly respected in the field as using sound methodological techniques.

It's less clear, however, that Clinton's apparent win actually boosted her level of support. NBC/SurveyMonkey found that she picked up 3 percentage points and Sanders picked up 2 (with Biden being the most hurt). HuffPost/YouGov only asked about whether Clinton or "someone else" should be the nominee, and Clinton picked up 8 points in that question.

And the dust hasn't entirely settled yet. Another thing to look at is how Sanders's numbers move in the next few days. The Vermont senator has been stalled out at about 25 percent support in national polls of Democrats since early September. So it's possible that even if he "lost" the debate in the view of most Democrats, he could have won some new supporters and boosted his numbers higher.

But the evidence so far suggests that Clinton has a lot to be happy about — and that the instincts of DC insiders were generally on target.

Update: A new poll of New Hampshire likely Democratic voters, from Suffolk University and the Boston Globe, was also released Friday, with very similar results. 54 percent thought Clinton won the debate, compared to 24 percent for Sanders. Even worse for Sanders, the poll showed Clinton reclaiming a narrow lead in New Hampshire (she's trailed Sanders in every poll of the state since early August).

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:41 am
@snood,
By that logic,

Who on the Republican side has a chance?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:45 am
@revelette2,
Like anybody's going to believe them now. Bernie won.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:52 am
@Lash,
I wonder if the earlier polls favored Bernie, and the later ones favored Clinton. I suspect that people who participated in some of those polls didn't actually watch the debate... relying instead on what the pundits said.
revelette2

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:56 am
@Lash,
Not everyone is wrapped into political online news and polls. They just listen to the news. But the proof will be in not in the debate polls but the presidential polls between Hillary and Sanders. If his numbers don't improve a whole lot, then the insiders may have gotten it right about the debate performance of each.
0 Replies