bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:50 am
@parados,
Funny how these gits think gun registration won't stop actual gun crime, but voter ID will stop non-existent voter fraud.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:51 am
http://3p3mq242g5jc2ki76r3wi6fq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/sanderswinsonlinepolls.jpg

http://3p3mq242g5jc2ki76r3wi6fq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/cnndeletesandreplaces.jpg
snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Where did you get the poll that was 'removed'?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 06:09 am
@snood,
Other than they pulled it from their site and replaced it with the "Clinton Won" article?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 06:12 am
Seriously CNN? You work for Hillary now?
CNN Top Headline: "Poised, Passionate and in Command"
Subheadline: "Clinton Triumphs in Debate as Rivals Compete to Lose."

Compete to lose?

I listened to the debate and I actually thought Hillary and Sanders did a fine job. They both were able to elucidate their main points, and the debate was primarily civil.

All of the post-debate polls (which were self-selected, online polls) had Sanders as the runaway winner. Those polls aren't scientific, but they do illustrate that Sanders did very well--at least as well as Clinton.

Today, I peruse the headlines and I am shocked at what I see. The mainstream, corporate media has decided that they are the Public Relations wing of Hillary Clinton's campaign. To summarize the entire debate with the headline, "Poised, Passionate and in Command" about Hillary isn't journalism. It's egregious kow towing to one candidate.

And the subhead, "Clinton Triumps in Debate as Rivals Compete to Lose." I mean...seriously. CNN has all ready called the race, I guess--because everyone up there--including Sanders, is just competing to lose. This is crazy.

And this...THIS is why I can't support Hillary. She is so entrenched with corporate interests who are salivating like wolves on their haunches for a Clinton victory.

Time Warner owns CNN, and they are one of Hillary Clinton's top ten donors. And now they write headlines leveraging her as if she walked on water--and denigrate her competitors as fools who are "competing to lose."

Who really knows who won the debate--it's very subjective. Sanders and Clinton both did very well. However, the prize for horrendously corrupting the political process with big, corporate money goes to Hillary Clinton.

Shameful.
snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 06:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Other than they pulled it from their site and replaced it with the "Clinton Won" article?

No, I mean if they pulled it, where did you find it?
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:17 pm
@snood,
It's not just me. Look all over Twitter and other social media. The stats support a landslide win for Bernie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/13/the-candidate-breaking-through-in-the-democratic-debate-bernie-sanders/

I guess we can analyze each others' "polls and stats." Where are yours? (FYI - let's avoid some paid off goon giving an opinion. Numbers proving public interest, please.)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:20 pm
@Lash,
There is not a lot of point in arguing the subject. We will have the facts in less than a week. Then if the establishment was completely wrong it will be time to figure out if the elite were wrong because they got bought off and lied to us or were they wrong because they are deaf blind and stupid.

You know what my opinion will be on that.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:22 pm
Polls are just a salve to people who want to hope they still have a horse in the race. In other words they mean nothing. I have never put any trust in polls.
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:22 pm
Here are stats.

Three polls of voters. Not individuals with something to gain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/13/the-candidate-breaking-through-in-the-democratic-debate-bernie-sanders/

Hands-down was a quote Wink

excerpt:

Bernie Sanders by all objective measures "won" the debate. Hands down. I don’t say this as a personal analysis of the debate; the very idea of "winning" a debate is silly to me. I say this because based on the only relatively objective metric we have, online polls and focus groups, he did win. And it’s not even close.

Sanders won the CNN focus group, the Fusion focus group, and the Fox News focus group; in the latter, he even converted several Hillary supporters. He won the Slate online poll, CNN/Time online poll, 9News Colorado, The Street online poll, Fox5 poll, the conservative Drudge online poll and the liberal Daily Kos online poll. There wasn’t, to this writer's knowledge, a poll he didn’t win by at least an 18-point margin. But you wouldn’t know this from reading the establishment press. The New York Times, the New Yorker, CNN, Politico, Slate, New York Magazine, and Vox all unanimously say Hillary Clinton cleaned house. What gives?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:25 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Polls are just a salve to people who want to hope they still have a horse in the race. In other words they mean nothing. I have never put any trust in polls.

That's right, you put your faith into the infallibility of your own mind. Which is why people would be wise to ignore you. The fact that you tend to be an asshole is just gravy.
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Good find. This outright lying by media to try to dissuade voters from Bernie is having the opposite effect.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:46 pm
This is quite seriously a war for our country.

http://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2015/10/fuming-bernie-supporters-why-is-cnn-deleting-our-comments
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:51 pm
@Lash,
https://youtu.be/3C_lcueFUE8

They stopped showing Bernie's win and began calling it a victory for HRC.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:55 pm
Somebody put a call in to Vlad Putin and see if he'll come protect our polling places from graft.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:07 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Somebody put a call in to Vlad Putin and see if he'll come protect our polling places from graft.

Somebody please put in a call to the elite and clue them into the FACT that Putin has been winning for a long time as the political leader of his nation, and that there is no reason to think that Trump could not do the same thing. Trump has clearly been taking lessons from Putin.

America is not special, A charismatic guy who knows how to use power and who knows where the little people are can win in politics in America, or anywhere else.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:12 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Polls have meaning, but you have to pay attention to the question. I saw one here, and recently, that showed the very high percentage of Republican voters that believed that Trump was the most likely candidate to win. Note that it did not address the question of who they would vote for; only who they thought would win. The two questions may or may not have the same answer.
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:18 pm
https://youtu.be/t5gEMyToe3I

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
There are all kinds of polls and statistics, and all of them do not say that Bernie was the hands-down winner of that debate.

Please bring proof of your statement or admit you were incorrect.

Quote:
Jesus. I mean, respect and all Lash, I'd think someone who voted for George Bush twice would at least acknowledge that everyone who doesn't 100% agree with you about Bernie vs Hillary isn't necessarily not sincere, or even not smart, but just not you.

Non-sequitur.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

It's not just me. Look all over Twitter and other social media. The stats support a landslide win for Bernie.

I guess we can analyze each others' "polls and stats." Where are yours? (FYI - let's avoid some paid off goon giving an opinion. Numbers proving public interest, please.)

I looked around and you're right and I WAS WRONG - the public opinion polls show most people thought Bernie won. I don't think there's a vast media conspiracy to hide Bernie's popularity - I think talking head pundits see this thing differently than regular folk.

I thought Bernie and Hillary both did well - I didn't see it as any trouncing of Hillary, but that's just my opinion. I have to believe in my own eyes and my own brain. Not pundits, and not the crush of popular opinion.
If I held too great store in the opinion of the madding crowds, I'd be petrified with fear right now because more and more think Trump's going to be president.