roger

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 09:52 am
@snood,

snood wrote:

Hillary has had the black vote ever since Bill was able somehow to convince Black 'folk' that he "feels" them.

Glad you noticed the 'folks'. When I hear a politician say that word, I get very protective of my billfold.
snood

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 10:23 am
@roger,
Smile yup
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 12:17 pm
@snood,
Fair enough.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Maybe if Lash didn't treat some of us so nastily?

Only those that deserve it get it. I've yet to see Lash throw stones without a bruise of her own.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:22 pm
@snood,
And look what the Clintons did for blacks.

Let them stay with Clinton.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/16/1421659/-An-Evangelical-responds-to-Sanders-speech-at-Liberty-U?detail=facebook

This was unexpected. And beautiful. In such a vicious climate, two such diverse opinions about the world showed value for one another. One of the best things I've witnessed during a political season.

An excerpt
Those words echoed in my heart as I listened to that crazy, hoarse-voiced, wild-haired Jew standing in front of the religous leaders of the Evangelical Movement, calling us to account, as a Jew once did before, telling us that he intends to care for the least of these, to clothe the naked, to shelter the homeless, to care for the sick, to set the prisoners free.

I wouldn't be much of a Christian if I didn't stand on the side of gospel for the poor, because, the last time I checked, that's where my master Jesus stood, and I'll stand with Him. And, for now, that means I stand with Bernie Sanders.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:41 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
This was unexpected. And beautiful. In such a vicious climate, two such diverse opinions about the world showed value for one another. One of the best things I've witnessed during a political season.

It is indeed so unexpected to see the leftist liberal elite saying something nice about those on the Right. Normally they are dismissive and condescending. You can search for hours on liberal websites before coming across anything admitting that those on the Right can be decent people.
Lash

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wish we could see more of this - on both sides.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:52 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I wish we could see more of this - on both sides.

attempting to find common ground and attempting to think the guy with the "wrong" ideas might be a decent person is way too much to expect out of moderns.

We used to be better.

A lot better.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:42 pm
@snood,
Bernie may not even be able to command the democratics in congress. Remember he is a social liberal that many of the democrats might not like. I still think electing liberal congressmen especially in the Senate is just as important as electing a demo president.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:18 am
http://thehill.com/opinion/brent-budowsky/253924-brent-budowsky-biden-warren-in-2016
On target with what's happened to the party, but we'll take Bernie.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:15 am
Sanders won the GOP debate — on Facebook

Quote:
While there are many lists of candidates who supposedly won Wednesday night's GOP debate, the man who truly took home the prize doesn't appear on any of them.

That's because he's not a Republican.

Bernie Sanders was crowned king of the debate yet again after producing the single biggest Facebook post of the night by far.

"It wasn't even close," says Brandon Silverman, CEO of CrowdTangle, a company that measures and analyzes social media interactions.

"The evening was really pretty sad," Sanders wrote in the Facebook post that garnered over 150,000 likes and 30,000 shares. "This country and our planet face enormous problems. And the Republican candidates barely touched upon them tonight. And when they did, they were dead wrong on virtually every position they took. The Republican Party cannot be allowed to lead this country. That's why we need a political revolution."

Sanders also live-tweeted the debate using the hashtag #DebateWithBernie.

By comparison, the most shared Facebook post from a GOP candidate, which was published by Ben Carson, garnered just over 100,000 likes and 7,000 shares.

This wasn't Sanders' first GOP debate victory, either.

During the the first debate on August 6, Sanders generated the most retweeted tweet of the night, with over four times the retweets of the next candidate down: Hillary Clinton.
Lash

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 03:24 pm
Bernie's policies.

http://feelthebern.org/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 03:40 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Bernie may not even be able to command the democratics in congress. Remember he is a social liberal that many of the democrats might not like. I still think electing liberal congressmen especially in the Senate is just as important as electing a demo president.

Just curious - what social liberal views do you think might put off some democrats?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 06:43 pm
@snood,
There are many democrats who run as ultra liberal but vote pro business. Those are the ones who he might not command loyalty.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 06:49 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

There are many democrats who run as ultra liberal but vote pro business. Those are the ones who he might not command loyalty.

In the global economy business supplies all of your well being. Being good at business is not negotiable, what is up to the people is how the spoils are distributed, with particular importance is how much does labor get and how much does government get.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 07:18 pm
@revelette2,
INteresting that ole' Berenie Sanders should write that. He's not a Democrat.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 07:40 pm
@RABEL222,
Ok. Maybe I'm just tired, but it doesn't seem like you answered my question.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 06:06 am
Here's Why The South Poses A Huge Problem For Bernie Sanders
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 06:34 am
@revelette2,
I was just getting ready to post that same article. Beat me to it. I guess a whole lot depends on how much Bernie can affect the 80% to 20% difference with Hillary in popularity he has among Blacks.
0 Replies