edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 12:13 pm
If Bernie makes it to the Texas primary, I will vote for him.
Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 02:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
wooooohooooo!!!!!!! Yeah, baby!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 02:06 pm
Political call: With the horrific murders in C-town - and Bernie's lack of experience with black voters - hey, he's from New England - does he go anyway or postpone?

Bush postponed. Don't know about the others.

(Forgot to background: Politicos are scheduled to do Town Halls in Charleston this weekend.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:34 pm
https://youtu.be/nsDYAtKlsT4
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:41 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

If someone doesn't start pushing the Democrats to the left, your country is going to be in even more of a mess than it is now.

The whole damn place has been sliding right for decades {something about economics}

You say that like it's a bad thing...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 08:23 pm
Bernie ought to become a Democrat, for the duration. Already being independent is jeopardizing his place on the NY ballot.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 08:51 pm
@Lash,
He dident start two unnessary wars that cost 2 trillion dollars and cut taxes on the rich to the point that he trashed the economy. You need to get real and try to control your hatred of a black president.
revelette2

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:19 am
RABEL222

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 12:32 pm
@revelette2,
Bernie has gotten much younger. How did he do that?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 04:32 pm
Maher Tells Bernie Sanders: Your Campaign Must Be Working ‘You’ve Got Hillary Talking Like Elizabeth Warren’
The HBO host seems to be taking a liking to the Vermont senator.
By Tom Boggioni / Raw Story June 20, 2015
Print
197 COMMENTS
Friday night Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) got the rock star treatment from Real Time host Bill Maher who praised the darkhorse candidate’s campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, telling the fiercely liberal senator that his run from the left has forced consensus favorite Hillary Clinton to start “talking like Elizabeth Warren.

"Walking onto the stage to chants of “Ber-nie, Ber-nie” the Vermont independent sat down and explained that his campaign was about something other than normal politics, stating, “It’s a very radical idea: we’re going to tell the truth.”

“The truth is that, for forty years, the middle class of this country has been disappearing. And there has been a huge transfer of billions of dollars of working families to the top one-tenth of one percent.” Sanders said. “And what the people of this country are saying is, ‘Enough is enough, our government, our country, belongs to all of us, not just a few billionaires.'”

“So let’s dig down a little deeper into the campaign,” Maher replied. “I mean you are closing the gap on Hillary, but obviously she’s still way ahead with women. You do very well with men and the older — older men, especially. Now some women you will just never get…I don’t mean you personally.”

Maher went on to advise the candidate that “You could do well with younger voters. They liked Ron Paul. He was not a young-un, but he had that same authenticity thing going,” before jokingly asking Sanders “Are you on Tinder?”

Sander explained that his campaign has “A very active social media effort.”

“In the Senate, we have more people on our Facebook page, than any other member of the United States Senate,” he said, before adding, “Look, what we want to do is tap the idealism of the kids. And what the kids are saying, for example, is that this country should lead the world in transforming our energy system and dealing with climate change. And that solution we’re going to talk about a whole lot.”
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:34 pm
@RABEL222,
You're insane and you need to be able to deal with criticism of a black president as well as you do any other president. Weirdo.
Lash

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:37 pm
@Lash,
Going to see Bernie in Greenville Thursday!!! I'll let you know how it goes.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 11:03 pm
@Lash,
If you check back I have many criticisms of the president but he has done many things right. You give him no credit what so ever even though the many things he has fixed has been in spite of a republican house. Perhaps I am insane but I dident post to you with a your, bat shyt crazy, like you and Oralboy do when disagreed with. Like I said try to get real.
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 08:49 am
@RABEL222,
I think you need to get a grip on your virulent Antisemitism. You just can't stomach a Jewish president.

And that was as stupid as your "'cause he's black" bullshit.

He's killed more than any other president with drone attacks, he broke campaign promises to leave Iraq...among others. How about just admitting it instead of defending it?

Here's how you do it:

Rabel: (thinks a second) (makes face revealing disappointment) Yeah. I am really disappointed that Obama continued - and even increased - murder by drone. I didn't expect that because in my black and white world, only Republicans do bad things. Still, there are some good things he's done.

Lash: (amazed at Rabel's honesty, so doesn't even ask for a list of good things Obama did)
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:07 am
On the positive, the president brought down the Bush incurred debt, got jobs more on the positive side. Negative, he is helping to rob Medicare, is still fighting those neverending wars, is getting a disaster of a trade law passed - Just a few things on both sides of the coin. In a better world he would either do better or we would have a different president. But that's not getting Bernie discussed and that's why I started the thread.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 09:23 pm
what would have happened if the big banks had been allowed to fail?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 09:31 pm
I don't know for sure, but I would have let them fail. If I recall correctly, both Bush and Obama moved to save the banks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 09:34 pm
@Lash,
I don't know, as I am stupid re economics and some other stuff. I was pro fail but admitted to not being sure.

I'm a Bernie person. Good luck with that, I say to me.

I also have long despised drones, and much else. I don't hate Obama but he punched out for me quite a while ago. I get how he got to where where he is, philosophically, but only see it as I did the early capitulating, as capitulating. I don't hate him, I am just sorry.

I am famous to myself for hating bombs, don't get me started, and that is still true. Drones fit that. Good for business, apparently.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 11:07 pm
@Lash,
Gee Lash. Have we met some where else other than on this foram? How do you know what or how I think never having met me? Oralboy thinks and posts just as you do with insults as to how much intelligence I have as opposed to his much higher intelligence. I am not antisemitic. I am antijewish state. I am sick and tired of our government agreeing with every thing Israel has done including spying on us and attacking our ships "USS liberty". I am tired of legislators selling our government to the highest bidder. You on the other hand blame a black President for everything that has gone wrong for the last 15 years and jump my rearend because I dont join in with your blanket comdemnation of a black president. Like I said get real, but of course that would require you to admit that the Repubs are just as crooked as the dems which I believe you are constitutionally unable to do. Well so much for my wasting my time trying to get you to exercise your intellect.
Lash

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 06:16 pm
@RABEL222,
Yeah, you fabricated everything you attributed to me about Obama. Why'd you feel the need to make that **** up?
0 Replies