Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 06:53 am
If he were a Republican, you and the peanut gallery would be screeching about how he's ignoring the basic humanity of black Americans. I don't give a **** about how anyone goes about being black, but how he's gone about being a president on this - and a few other issues - sucks ass.

Funny to see you support it.
Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 07:00 am
Here's your hero and exactly what a "black president" has achieved for black Americans.

Take a Xanax...

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/06/23/obamas-neoliberal-endgame/

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 07:54 am
@Lash,
Quote:
If he were a Republican, you and the peanut gallery would be screeching about how he's ignoring the basic humanity of black Americans.

I must have missed the peanut gallery here decrying Bush's ignoring the basic humanity of black Americans for attending the memorial service for Dallas officers. Can you point out where that happened?

Or is this just you LASHing out.™
Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 07:59 am
@parados,
You had to contort pretty impressively to avoid the fact. Kudos to you!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 10:39 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If he were a Republican, you and the peanut gallery would be screeching about how he's ignoring the basic humanity of black Americans. I don't give a **** about how anyone goes about being black, but how he's gone about being a president on this - and a few other issues - sucks ass.

Funny to see you support it.

What's funny is how low you continue to sink. One has to laugh at your crazed **** to keep it from being nauseating - and very sad.
snood

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 10:46 am
So now Obama is a bad president. This coming from a person who voted for George Bush twice. The same person now so unhinged from reality that the only politician worthy of her vote has to be pure and perfect enough to restore faith in humanity. And this same person goes around accusing others of hero worship.
Just ******* whacky.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 10:51 am
@snood,
Given the alternatives in the last cycles, I am more than pleased that Mr. Obama has been president.

McCain/Palin
Romney/Ryan

no thank you
no thank you
no thank you

the thought that any sane person thought those candidates were good alternatives for the US is mind-boggling

__

Mr. Obama's voice still bugs me but it's his actions, not his voice that have made a difference.

He pulled the US out of the recession when so many doubted it was possible. Got to give him props for that.

revelette2

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 11:06 am
@ehBeth,
Well, I am sucker for a lot of things which others with perhaps more elevated taste than mine aren't, but, I love his voice. Reminds me of some black church preachers or old civil rights leaders. Plus he always sounds very sincere, like it comes from him. He has not lived up to some of our expectations, I suspect not even his own. I could see why he didn't want to drag down the country into ligations and investigations with the past administrations use of "enhanced interrogations." I understand congress on both sides of aisle (think that is the right spelling and word) has kept him from keeping his promise regarding Gitmo, though I think he at the very end of his office, he should go around them and let the next administration deal with it, whoever that may be. What I strongly disagree and very disappointed him in for is/was his putting unnecessary and perhaps against international law blocks in front of those who were abused and/or tortured under the last administration and or to even give them more rights under his administration. I don't accept his excuses for it either. I know no other president would have done different, but I expected him to at least attempt to give them more rights. On all else that I think of, I agree with either his attempts or his actions. I know drones are going to be brought up and I am glad that they have slowed down the use of drones and I know that there have been too many unintended innocent deaths, however, I don't disagree with the use of drones, I just think more work needs to be put into it to make it more accurate. He has tried to pass jobs bills and has tried to work around congress on immigration and gun safety and his justice system has been working on the problem with minorities in the justice system, though a whole lot more work needs to be on all levels both local and federal. A complete overhaul.
Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 11:16 am
@snood,
No. A lot of people are disappointed that Obama acts so uncaring about issues around BLM. There's nothing unusual about me holding my president accountable for his inaction.

You, however, are behaving with outrageous hypocrisy. Same ole same ole.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 11:18 am
@snood,
Quite a tortured, hyperbolic perspective, but that's what you have to do lately to prop up your neoliberal elitist heroes...

Tsk.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 11:18 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Well, I am sucker for a lot of things which others with perhaps more elevated taste than mine aren't, but, I love his voice. Reminds me of some black church preachers or old civil rights leaders. Plus he always sounds very sincere, like it comes from him. He has not lived up to some of our expectations, I suspect not even his own.

Maybe I am wrong but I think Obama may have been threatened. I know this is a conspiracy theory but I do know for a fact that there are very bad people in this world and they are not all intellectually challenged or poor, some of these people are very wealthy and know exactly what they are doing.
To think that it would be impossible for an elitist to not have the evil ability that we see with other Humans would be naïve.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
https://www.causes.com/causes/350394-join-the-fight-to-stop-dishonoring-the-president/updates/620775-secret-service-says-the-number-of-threats-against-the-president-is-overwhelming
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:53 pm
Do you trust her?

Hillary Clinton Pledges Constitutional Amendment To Overturn Citizens United In Her First 30 Days

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-citizens-united_us_578a42cfe4b08608d334c7bd?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592&yptr=yahoo
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 01:11 pm
@ehBeth,
I agreed. I'm looking forward to Americans having better choices than the lesser of two evils. We need that day to arrive.
snood

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Got to give him props for that.

Yeah, if you're assessing the last several presidents, and you're a reasonably fair person with no ax to grind either way, it seems to me you would give Obama props for that, and several other things.

If you're a starry eyed Bernie groupie, not so much.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:23 pm
@ehBeth,
I may have already said this, but I'm willing to bet that this time next year we're going to decide that Mr. Obama was pretty good after all.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
@Lash,
Is this worth watching in your opinion "Lash"?

snood

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:54 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I may have already said this, but I'm willing to bet that this time next year we're going to decide that Mr. Obama was pretty good after all.

A lot of people have already decided that.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 04:46 pm
@revelette2,
Considering the congress he had to work with I would say he did fine. Hell even some of the democratic congressmen tried to undermine some of his national health care.
revelette2

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 05:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Really, "feel the Jill?" I honestly don't think it is going to catch on as much "feel the bern" did. Truly, no offense meant, but both are sort of corny. Probably something some of these kids will look back on with some embarrassment like a lot of our eighties fashions and hairstyles does in my generation of teenagers and young adults.