Lash

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:30 pm
http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/07/15/chris-hedges-on-bernie-sanders-and-the-corporate-democrats/
Bernie not liberal enough for this counterpunch guy... Smile
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 05:13 pm
I thought about you guys last night. The chairman of the Dem Party in the town I attended the meeting asked me to speak to the Dem membership to tell them why we must vote for Bernie.

I'm talking and nodding on the outside and cracking up on the inside.

I'm doing it.

roger

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:32 pm
@Lash,
Has Bernie now registered as a Democrat?
Lash

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:42 pm
@roger,
Only for the sake of the election. He didn't want to be a spoiler and run as a third party guy. He said he'd do whatever he is able to do as a Democrat. If he didn't get the nomination from one of the major 2, he's out.
Lash

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 07:22 pm
"Here's How Bernie Can Win".... I think they must have heard me. Smile

http://linkis.com/www.salon.com/2015/0/ZcYRU
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 04:47 am
@Lash,
Rog, from the horse's mouth. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-independent_55ba86e7e4b06363d5a1742b?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics
RABEL222

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 04:49 pm
@Lash,
Bernie is showing more sense than his backers. I dont think you care who wins as long as it isent Hillery. How does trump suit you?
roger

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 05:27 pm
@RABEL222,
You seem to be doubting Lash's sincerity. I don't.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 05:35 pm
@roger,
Rabel is irritated that a person would vote their conscience, instead of his.
Lash

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 05:42 pm
@roger,
I am so grateful for friends like you. Thank you for supporting me. I just want you to know that I'm aware that some people will actually doubt my sincerity - and even more others will feign doubt to attempt to manipulate my position. Neither bothers me.

I've always thought that people who give me the benefit of the doubt are true friends - people I'm lucky to have in my life - whether they agree with me or disagree vehemently. People who would accuse me of lying don't know me, and therefore their opinions of me have no meaning.

Since my beliefs have taken such a violent twitch and you are still the guy I've always liked and appreciated, and you still know what you know - I am as I said but can't over-emphasize - grateful. What do you think Dys would say about Bernie? I think about it all the time. Smile I still feel such a link to him through you. One more awesome Rog fact.
Lash

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 05:44 pm
Vote Kucinich, Vote often...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 08:58 pm
@Lash,
What happened to Dys?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 09:02 pm
@snood,
http://able2know.org/topic/172583-1
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 09:09 pm
@snood,
We took him to the bridge over the Rio Grande Gorge and threw him off. Diane, Thomas, Ossobuco, his cousin and her spouse, and their long time friend and handyman, and myself.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 09:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Never said you should vote as I say. Only expressing my opinion that all you people who claim to want better more friendly government are enableing a republican congress and possible republican president to remove Obama care the first 2 or three months they have control of government. After that they will reduce the Supreme Court to a republican business oriented yes sir court. Than they can give control of the Social security to the wall street thieves who will I am sure make sure that all the money there goes into their wallets. But of course you all know that I am an idiot who dosent know what he is talking about right up to the time it happens right after 2016. You go right ahead and listen to the republican plants. Vote your conscience but dont come back here crying about how you were lied to. REMEMBER BUSH AND CHANEY. Same congress they came into power with and has been destroying our government with their no no no bullshit and their lies.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 10:32 pm
@RABEL222,
That's your take. And you are welcome to it. Now, on with Bernie's campaign. He gets bigger crowds than anybody and he is not conceding the southern states. If enough people catch on to what he is up to in time he just could clinch the nomination.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 06:05 am
Yup...the guy could capture the nomination:

http://waynemorsecenter.uoregon.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/10/ap_george_mcgovern_2_jt_121021_wg.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Barry_Goldwater.jpg/220px-Barry_Goldwater.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:08 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

We took him to the bridge over the Rio Grande Gorge and threw him off. Diane, Thomas, Ossobuco, his cousin and her spouse, and their long time friend and handyman, and myself.

I'm sad to hear that. Dys was one of those people, even when he was needling,
whose humanity came through . I always felt like if we ever met we'd be friends. RIP, Dyslexia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:51 am
Many Democrats are trying so hard to not lose the election that they have lost sight of what's important. To me, it doesn't help more than marginally if just any Democrat wins the election. If they are of the same stamp as Bill Clinton and Obama, they will only slow down the slide to oligarchy, which is a fancy term for dictatorship. But in the end, they will have accomplished the Republicans' ends, but do it slower, while tossing a few tidbits to the party base. What is called for is to reclaim our political and economic gains of the Fifties and Sixties and to build on them. Ooh, we might make the other people mad. So what? They have been trampling the citizens economically since the Seventies. They just passed a secret trade bill guaranteed to take away most of what's left of workers' rights, based on the leaks I've read about. Passed by a Democrat president and a Republican congress. We need a president to stand for democracy. And if he fails, the nation will be beyond saving anyway.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 09:09 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Many Democrats are trying so hard to not lose the election that they have lost sight of what's important. To me, it doesn't help more than marginally if just any Democrat wins the election. If they are of the same stamp as Bill Clinton and Obama, they will only slow down the slide to oligarchy, which is a fancy term for dictatorship. But in the end, they will have accomplished the Republicans' ends, but do it slower, while tossing a few tidbits to the party base. What is called for is to reclaim our political and economic gains of the Fifties and Sixties and to build on them. Ooh, we might make the other people mad. So what? They have been trampling the citizens economically since the Seventies. They just passed a secret trade bill guaranteed to take away most of what's left of workers' rights, based on the leaks I've read about. Passed by a Democrat president and a Republican congress. We need a president to stand for democracy. And if he fails, the nation will be beyond saving anyway.

Right...much better to put up a candidate who is so far left he probably won't even carry California and New York. That ought to help the move toward the sensible 50's and 60's!

NOT!

In my opinion, much, much better to focus on not losing the election...than to indulge the day dreams of the fringe left.

MUCH BETTER!
0 Replies