reasoning logic

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:22 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Yes, I know the proper noun rule. However, a long time ago I decided that there is not enough cranial capacity here to keep two separate spelling systems in use, so I discarded the one which is lesser-used in my vicinity. Reduces angst.

I can only guess that you see Izzy as an English teacher or something of that sort but are you also able to see the antisocial behavior that She/ he has also been teaching for many years?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:39 am
@Blickers,
I didn't even know those were the names of holidays.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:48 am
@Blickers,
Personally I would like Angela Eagle to win and become our next prime minister. Her first name can be shortened to Ann, so we can say our prime minister's Ann Eagle.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:04 pm
Bernie is in------ trouble.
Lash

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:07 pm
Even the Democrats are tired of having to explain elitist Clinton bullshit.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/us/politics/meeting-between-bill-clinton-and-loretta-lynch-provokes-political-furor.amp.html?client=safari#
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:18 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Bernie is in------ trouble.

Bernie's In-------denial.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:23 pm
@RABEL222,
I like it!

Bernie's In--------over his head.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:01 am
Clinton is a dirty corrupt thief. What's in those Wall Street speeches, liar?
snood

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:05 am
Bernie's In---------thrall to his nutso supporters.
engineer

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:09 am
@Lash,
There are thousands of people who have heard those speeches, so go ask them. It seems like lots of people want to fantasize about what is in those speeches but no one wants to actually find out by asking someone who was there.

It seems like Sanders is losing everything he has gained. The only Sanders story in the press these days is "when is he going to endorse". No one is talking about his platform and when he tries to talk about it, the press moves on. Were I Sanders, I would pick a select few Senate candidates in battleground states and start campaigning for them. One slam on Sanders voters is that they came out and voted for Sanders in the primaries but then didn't vote for progressives down the ballot. If Sanders helped tip two or three Senate races to the progressive side, he'd have a lot of clout in the next Congress. He could also start building a "Bernie Block" of votes for progressive legislation. (I just made that term up, so if it's everywhere in five years, it started here!)
Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:28 am
@engineer,
It's just like tax returns; the voting public or press demands to see them, and you're hiding something if you refuse.

She's promised to share her speeches, but she's ducking her promise- no surprise to anyone who knows what a famous liar she is.

It's not my responsibility to ask a bunch of multimillionaire crooks to please tell me the truth about what promises were made to them by their colluding benefactor. It's her responsibility to share those documents.

How very low your standards are for presidential candidates!
DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:33 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
It's her responsibility to share those documents.

Um, no, it isn't.

Wanting to see something != having a right to see something.

You have a right to say, "I won't vote for her unless I know the content of the speeches." Fair enough. She's perfectly within her rights to run that calculus, though, and decide that not divulging the speeches right now is better for her than releasing them.

DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:34 am
@snood,
Bernie's into himself.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:36 am
@DrewDad,
i was responding to engineer's suggestion that I should ask someone who's heard the speeches about the content.

engineer

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:36 am
@Lash,
Sorry, I disagree. It is not her responsibility to share anything. She might do it to persuade voters, but she doesn't have to. The "voting public" does not have the automatic right to see whatever they decide they want. Reporters would love for that to be true, but you can't dig into Sanders' browser history, attend Trump's doctor visits, read the tags on Clinton's underwear. If that is a stopper for you, that is your choice, but the idea that you can have whatever you want when you want it is just silly and to me, un-American. Sanders and Trump have refused tax returns and Clinton has refused speeches and I'm good with all of that.
Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:37 am
@engineer,
Sander shared his tax returns. Hillary promised to share those speeches when he did.

She lied.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:39 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

i was responding to engineer's suggestion that I should ask someone who's heard the speeches about the content.

What you should really wonder about is why hasn't a reporter done this if it's such a hot button issue. After all, it is very likely that someone in that audience was not a Clinton fan. Maybe they even recorded it. Aren't you amazed that some enterprising Fox reporter hasn't found the smoking gun that you are so sure is there?
Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:41 am
@engineer,
Hillary and Wall Street speeches.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/290307/conditions-met-hillary-clinton-release-wall-street-speeches/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:44 am
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/9818398.html

Hillary and Wall Street speeches
engineer

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:49 am
@Lash,
All very interesting and again, I disagree that politicians need to reveal this type of information, but still, why hasn't some reporter found something from the thousands of attendees? I'm glad Sanders said he isn't going to release more tax returns and I'm glad that Trump has refused to release any (although he should just say "No, not doing it" instead of "can't due to audit") and I'm glad that Clinton is not releasing those transcripts. I'm all for politicians pushing back on the 24 hour news cycle, tabloid journalism that passes for political reporting these days. If there is something there, send out a reporter and get it. If there isn't maybe you can talk about the positions of the candidates and where they want to take the country.