hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Black lives matter has the same problem as the violence against womens act.....we cant even go to bother to name things as if we want equality.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
You don't go to a cancer walk-a-thon and ask them why they aren't raising money for AIDS research. This is cancer.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:45 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You don't go to a cancer walk-a-thon and ask them why they aren't raising money for AIDS research. This is cancer.

So discrimination against males is OK. So discrimination against whites is ok.

No.

You set a demand for behavior and you say that it applies to everyone equally, members of groups dont get a pass an account of the group victim story they tell. That is the only way forwards out of our historical racism. That is the only road that is just.

"black lives matter" promotes racism. The proof is in the name. It is wrong, I will not be a part of it. I will chant "black lives matter" only if/when black and brown people are chanting "white lives matter".

And sexual abuse of males is every bit as bad as sexual abuse of females, and it happens plenty, I will not humor the feminists and keep quiet about their sexism, about their lack of regard for males.

Hillary was right, but she will never make a stand for what is right. Any day now she will be chanting "black lives matter", which will be another bullet point on why I will not cast a vote for her.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:00 pm

Robert Reich
·
Bernie Sanders appeared last night at the gathering in Baton Rouge hosted by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. He's the only major candidate to accept an invitation to address the group, whose first president was Martin Luther King Jr. Sanders called for the “demilitarization” of police forces, widespread use of body cameras by law enforcement, an end to the reliance on privately run prisons and to the “over-incarceration” of nonviolent offenders. “It is an obscenity that we stigmatize so many young Americans with a criminal record for smoking marijuana, but not one major Wall Street executive has been prosecuted for causing the near-collapse of our entire economy,” he said.
Bernie's message should resonate with black Americans who have been especially hurt by the nation's surging inequality. Although the shameful legacy of racism is real, the white working class has also been hurt. And a shrinking middle class makes upward mobility far harder for everyone. Republicans would like nothing better than to drive a wedge between blacks and whites so we don't join together in common cause, but we must not let them.
Will Bernie succeed in reaching blacks and Latinos?
(A rally for Bernie will be held today at 6 pm central time, at Pontchartrain Center, in Kenner, Louisiana.)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:04 pm
To ed: Bernie acts like he wants to speak the truth, which is that racism is not why blacks are doing so poorly, the the problem is class warfare which has been going on for a long while and which the rich have been consistently winning. Another huge reason is that blacks spend far too much time wallowing in their victim story, not getting their asses in gear, but I would never expect a D to say so.

These ******* blacks always whining about the color of their skin is a sideshow, And we need to stop humoring them. Taking up arms the class war that is already rubbing out the middle class and is bankrupting our kids before they are even born is the only way to move forwards.

Bernie does not quite have the stones to speak truth, but he does better than most.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:15 pm
To LAsh: you need to wake up and smell the coffee. "black lives matter" is exactly like guns and abortion before that, side shows perpetuated by the rich as a diversion so that they can consolidate power and better skim off the wealth from the collective. Watching smart people like yourself fall for the con is annoying to say the least.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, I see you making a great effort to create false dichotomy. Just because we are at a cancer walkathon doesn't mean we like AIDS and other diseases. It means that right now between the hours of 2 and 5 on Thursday, we are focused on the serious issue of cancer.

If you are interested in equality, and you know there is a serious racial issue in the US, why not give that problem your attention for a small time and attend to other issues when you see fit.

That is ALL BLM is about. It is an individual problem which requires individual solutions.

I will join your unappreciated white men club on Fridays between 1 and 5.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:44 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
It is an individual problem which requires individual solutions.

No it is not, but after all of these years of the elite running identity politics it is not exactly shocking that you are ignorant. You have been groomed to have the opinion that you hold, a lot of effort went into this indoctrination. I would like you to snap you out of it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:48 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I will join your unappreciated white men club on Fridays between 1 and 5.

That condescension is the scripted response when white men talk about justice and equality. Yet another instance where you come up short of being a smart independent woman.

Just remember that sheep get slaughtered in the end.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:17 pm
My one recurring thought about police violence is that if it's true that there are just a few bad apples and the rest are all good cops, then there should be a hell of a lot more good cops policing the police. I'd bet that most of the time when these cowardly bully cops do their dirt, there is at least one cop who keeps silent about it. And THAT'S a BIG problem.
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I'd bet that most of the time when these cowardly bully cops do their dirt, there is at least one cop who keeps silent about it. And THAT'S a BIG problem.

I won't take that bet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:23 pm
@Lash,
You're right - I should have put it the way you did in your first sentence about the numbers/percentages. (duh)
Nods re your list.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:26 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

snood wrote:

I'd bet that most of the time when these cowardly bully cops do their dirt, there is at least one cop who keeps silent about it. And THAT'S a BIG problem.

I won't take that bet.

Snood is off his nut again....the relevant question is not "is there one who stays quiet?" it is " is there one who does not?".
ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:30 pm
@snood,
I won't take the bet either.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:37 pm
@snood,
You're more optimistic than me. My guess is dirty cops (cops who regularly and routinely assault suspects, plant drugs or weapons when it helps them, mistreat those incarcerated) is about 30-40%. Cops who cover up are almost all the rest. A cop who will roll over on his buddies will have to immediately find a new career.

I think this can be changed but it will be a long, multi-layered process.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

roger wrote:

snood wrote:

I won't take that bet.

Snood is off his nut again....the relevant question is not "is there one who stays quiet?" it is " is there one who does not?".

Actually, the question IS is there one who stays quiet...or two, or three, or five...or the majority of the force.

Policemen are humans...and humans are given to biases and prejudices. But policemen can act on those biases and prejudices in ways the person on the street cannot.

They must be held to a higher standard.

Anyone who does not realize that blacks are one down in the "game" we are speaking of...simply is not looking at the problem with open eyes.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Anyone who does not realize that blacks are one down in the "game" we are speaking of...simply is not looking at the problem with open eyes.

And anyone who thinks 50 years after the civil rights movement that the problem with pumping up blacks with their victim story, quota programs so that they can get ahead even when their work does not merit getting ahead, and a slew of programs that are designed to advantage blacks by being hyper aware of race in general is that we need to do a lot more of it, is nuts.

If what you are doing is not working then do something else, anything else.

The current game sucks, it is not working, it is time for new approaches. More than likely this one will not revolve around the black groups victim story as the current failed one does.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:25 pm
https://berniesanders.com/live-stream-louisiana-video/?source=twitter
Daddio is streaming live, baby!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 07:05 pm
I'm bringing back quotes later, still watching, but I wanted to bring this one:

"You know what happened to #SandraBland would not have happened to a white woman." The crowd went wild. It's a great night for Bernie...and us.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 07:35 pm
For those interested, Bernie is expanding his stump. More about #SandraBland, issues particular to black Americans.

He's usually measured with his rhetoric, but tonight he used the word "crook" pretty emphatically referring to Wall Street. He spent more time talking about the crimes of WS and juxtaposed their crimes and freedom with minor crimes of blacks that called for jail time.

One new thing: He said no SC justice nominee would move forward without a committment to overturning Citizens' United. the crowd went berzerk over this.

Another big cheer was for women's rights and pay equity.

He even got La. to cheer for a departure from fossil fuels. He talked again about the massive jobs/infrastructure package he's been discussing.

A sea of millennials behind him. A good night. The place was packed and had to turn some away. As usual.