Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:45 pm
For progressive democrats, this is a hard blow, but bernie lost. His only way forward is a third party ticket which splits the vote and leaves the door open for Trump to win. He cannot beat Hillary at this point, but he can destroy her. Please dont let him become the Ross Perot of the Democratic party. I know she is not ideal candidate, some think her distrustful, but Bernie cannot win, even a contested convention is a pipe dream.....and every day he stays in the race it siphons off her resources to fight the true threat, DONALD TRUMP! Screw his ambitions, his dreams for presidency...hes already lost...we need to be together more then ever and she has the delegates...its done.
Lash

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:47 pm
@Lilkanyon,
She doesn't have the delegates yet.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:54 pm
@Lash,
Umm...yes she does...he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of winning in all reality.
Lash

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:56 pm
@Lilkanyon,
We should wait until that's actually a fact, don't you agree? People in 9 states deserve a chance to vote. I think you are wrong to try to take their ability to vote from them.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:08 pm
@Lash,
Ok, sure...but he would have to win like 83% of all remaining states I think? To beat her. Thats so crazy unlikely. Tbh? Hes got so little chance, actually none, even the liberal news stopped watching him.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:11 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Actually, everything against Hillary he says at this point will play into Trumps hands, because he will use it...and I liked him at first but hes becoming less and less of a fair competitor and more and more desperate and underhanded...and the more he trashes Clinton, the more fodder he supplies Trump, who is ruthless.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
the liberal news stopped watching him

Was there a time wen they did watch him and his supporters?
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Haha yes, the constant competitor of dreaded Fox news is MSNBC and I watch them and recently Sanders has gotten less and less news. He still gets interviews, but even they are resigned to the idea Sanders is too far back to compete. Hillary has moved onto competing in gen election states. Sanders won Indiana cuz Hillary didnt need it. She was in Ohio starting her strategy against Trump.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:29 pm
@Lash,
No one is taking the vote from them. They are free to vote for Hillary or Bernie. The difference is the polling shows that Hillary is going to get enough votes to beat Bernie by 700 delegates. That is just a fact. It isn't taking anyone's vote away to point that out. Reality can be a bitch sometimes. It seems you like to respond in kind.
revelette2

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:53 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It seems you like to respond in kind.

ouch
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 07:19 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote Lilkanyon:
Quote:
Please dont let him [Bernie] become the Ross Perot of the Democratic party.

Good to see you again, Lilkanyon. I must disagree on something-contrary to Republican mythology, Ross Perot did not cost Bush the election in 1992.
Lash

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 08:49 pm
@Lilkanyon,
It's probably going to be rough at the convention. Should be fascinating!

http://news10.com/2016/05/06/sanders-threatens-floor-fight-at-dem-convention/
parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 08:52 pm
@Lash,
The nominee has always been the strongest voice in writing the agenda for the convention and the platform planks.

Why does Bernie insist on changing the rules after he has lost?
Blickers

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:07 pm
Just the usual jockeying. Bernie wants proportional representation of his supporters on the various convention committees. Ho hum.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:15 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Lilkanyon:
Quote:
Please dont let him [Bernie] become the Ross Perot of the Democratic party.

Good to see you again, Lilkanyon. I must disagree on something-contrary to Republican mythology, Ross Perot did not cost Bush the election in 1992.

Hey there Blickers, but I disagree. If he cant accept defeat to Clinton, he could split a third party ticket as Indie and take crucial votes Clinton needs, therefore leaving Trump with a full GOP vote. Tbh?, he scares me more then Trump does as this point. She needs full force against him now and hes gunking up the gears, with no chance. Even his ideology is too left wing, even for me. He critisizized Obamas choice for SCJ cuz he wasnt "progressive" enough. Are you kidding me dude? Congress is owned by Reps. Its called reaching halfway. Bernie is as bad as Cruz because he is tone deaf to the climate in WA DC.
Blickers

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:29 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Yes, Bernie splitting off to a third party, (actually too late to do that and get on the ballot in most states), might well cause Hillary the election if it happened.

Perot did not cause Bush 41 to lose the election in 1992 because Perot was not identified as a Republican who was breaking away. He was a complete independent, and while he might have been a registered Republican the public did not know him as one, he never ran for office or got involved in any Republican campaigns that anyone remembered.

As proof, consider this. In 1992, Ross Perot got 19% of the vote, and the Democrat, Bill Clinton, won by 6 percentage points over the Republican, Bush 41. In 1996, Perot ran again, this time took public camapaign money which limited his funding, and and so he only got 8% of the vote-less than half of what he got in 1992. But Clinton beat the Republican, Bob Dole-by 9 points! The lesser percentage of votes that Perot got, the higher the percentage of votes Bill Clinton received.

That would not happen if Perot was mostly taking votes from the Republicans.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 10:08 pm
How many people reading this thread right now could tell me what is in the existing Democratic Party Platform without Googling it?
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 10:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

How many people reading this thread right now could tell me what is in the existing Democratic Party Platform without Googling it?

Umm...oohhh can I guess? One brain cell above the GOP! Am I right? What do I win?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 10:42 pm
I just wondered if anyone knew without looking what was in the present platform.

The reason I asked is because I just heard Bernie tell Rachel Maddow that the reason he would fight past June 7th - on the convention floor -even knowing that he lost the nomination - is because he would be fighting hard to make sure the party platform was a sufficiently progressive agenda.

I think having all of Bernie's stump issues represented in the party platform would make for one hell of an ambitious platform, but the thing is - who the hell reads or refers to that document after the convention?

No one knows (or is saying they do at this admittedly late hour) what's in the old one from Obama's administration. I submit it's likely that a few days after the convention's over, no one will know what the hell's in the new one. Or care.
Lash

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 02:52 am
I don't mind mentioning I said there would be a sea change in American politics during this cycle.

Take a look at this.

110,000 New Democrat-authorized voters. Look like largely Bernie voters.

This contest is not over.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/05/record_110000_change_voter_reg.html#incart_river_home