ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
I think what it says is that the louder Republican voters and supporters are into Trump (etc.). I can think of a few Republican friends who are likely disgruntled around about now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:11 pm
@ossobuco,
I really enjoyed reading about your morphs and thought-processes. Nods. And so happy to hear your current leanings on the election.

This is the most exciting election season in my life.

Words and their connotations. Powerful, huh!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
So true. I gather that changing this will be no easy thing, re congress or future congresses. Too many hands....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:47 pm
@Lash,
I remember driving to see one of my Orange County cousins/family for a weekend visit and stopping at a grocery store near their house. I had a McCarthy sticker on my bumper (forget which car that was, VW, I think). I was worried my car would be egged... by a grocery store leaver.. those were volatile years.

Ahem..
he didn't win.
Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Where I currently live, I am afraid to put a bumper sticker on my car.
Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 04:16 pm
@Lash,
I was watching some old series on Netflix today and heard this.
https://youtu.be/nqrG9N-cmds
liberal vs progressive

Interesting fact, though. The Republican didn't use it as a slur. Like all Democrats, it seems, offense was taken for no reason. I like how he owned it. Like an authentic liberal.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 08:02 pm
An example of oligarchy in America. Who owns Comcast?

http://bradblog.com/?p=11172

Bernie being carefully marginalized. Maybe this story is what has Bernie appearing on Meet the Press tomorrow. Grrr
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 08:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

An example of oligarchy in America. Who owns Comcast?

http://bradblog.com/?p=11172

Bernie being carefully marginalized. Maybe this story is what has Bernie appearing on Meet the Press tomorrow. Grrr

But we knew about that already. If nobody knows what Bernie stands for they are going to consider him a loser and vote as they are being herded to do. It is acceptable to Wall Street to elect a Republican or Democrat as long as they are "establishment."
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 08:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
The establishment says that Sanders is a non issue, that he will be gone after Hew Hampshire. The organs of the establishment are not going to act contrary to this till/unless Sanders is actually a force after New Hampshire.
Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 08:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Knowing it" and seeing specifics in print were different universes for me. I've never seen the raw bones of it exposed until now. Modern day David and Goliath. I'm concerned for his safety.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
T
hawkeye10 wrote:

The establishment says that Sanders is a non issue, that he will be gone after Hew Hampshire. The organs of the establishment are not going to act contrary to this till/unless Sanders is actually a force after New Hampshire.

That's pure nonsense - New Hampshire is next to Vermont, Sander's home state. NH will vote for Sanders, most definitely!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
NH will vote for Sanders, most definitely!

Right, we are told that he will make a showing in those two states and then will be a non factor, so dont waste too much time on this sideshow. That is the claim of the elite.

Dont let your dislike of me **** with your brain. You usually read better.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can you explain to me how electing a Bernie as president will change anything with a republican congress and a republican Supreme Court. You guys are whistling in the wind. If you want your government back from the oligarichics we need to start with congress. For proof of what I say look at Obamas 8 years. Most of what he claimed he wanted to do with government was stopped by congress. Explain how a ultra liberal president is going to get more cooperation from a republican congress. You people all live in la la land.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:52 pm
@Lash,
Hiding in a corner Lash? Sorry I couldent help myself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:58 pm
@RABEL222,
You are getting a little hostile here. I promise you: Nobody is going to bend your arm to make you vote for somebody you don't want.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:33 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Explain how a ultra liberal president is going to get more cooperation from a republican congress. You people all live in la la land.

Explain how ANY DEMOCRAT will get cooperation from a republican congress.

The way I see it, this crop of Repukes will never listen to anything. They needs to be fought, ridiculed, and booted out at the ballot box, and that's all there is to it. Trying to court them is absurd and cowardly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:46 am
Bernie Sanders Will Win the White House
by Eric Zuesse
“Sanders would probably be able to crush any Republican... and so I am now predicting that Sanders will win, first, the Democratic nomination, and then the White House."
We found this to be a very interesting article, especially in light of the fact that it's nearly two months old. We're in no way bashing Ms.Clinton, but instead, pointing out the polling trends which are so favorable to Senator Sanders.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/…/my-prediction-bernie-sande…
Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Hot damn!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:19 am
Some people think Bernie was just nervously falling back on his economic plan at Netroots when #blacklivesmatter activists forced the race conversation.

For those of us who've been following Bernie, we know that he (and many of we) consider racial inequality and our current economy to be inextricably linked.

Here's why.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bernie-sanders-racism-economic-inequality-are-parallel-problems
snood

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:32 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Some people think Bernie was just nervously falling back on his economic plan at Netroots when #blacklivesmatter activists forced the race conversation.

For those of us who've been following Bernie, we know that he (and many of we) consider racial inequality and our current economy to be inextricably linked.

Here's why.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bernie-sanders-racism-economic-inequality-are-parallel-problems

He got caught with his proverbial pants down - unprepared for the intensity of the protest. He was trying to address the current onslaught of cops murdering/brutalizing blacks/latinos with his econamic equality mantra and record of civil rights marching in the 1960's. It's going to be a looooong campaign for you if you can't ever admit when the man gets it wrong. Even some of his loyalists are admitting that he missed an opportunity with the protesters.