Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 05:09 pm
Bernie Sanders, asked to step aside for the good of party unity...sort of.
"It has been suggested to me that party unity is more important than your rights as delegates...[crowd roars no]. That's right, it's not. [...]
Vote for the person who shares your ideals, your hopes, your dreams."
...so you can go back to your home where ever it is, and hold your head up and say I am a member of the Democratic Party.

It was sexy and soaring ...on TV.
You have a chance at the reality. Why would anyone give it up for anything else?

https://youtu.be/SXoLaMhx-zI
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 05:37 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Not only has Sanders gotten a lot more things done than Clinton did in her own short legislative career, he's actually one of the most effective members of Congress, passing bills, both big and small, that have reshaped American policy on key issues like poverty, the environment and health care.

What American policy on a key issue did any of his amendment shape? Admittedly these amendments are not simply naming a post office but they aren't much more than that in the scheme of American policies.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 07:57 pm
The game has changed; The bros have figured it out. Whew.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/hillary-clintons-support-_b_9579544.html
Blacks in Wisconsin are #feelinthebern
Blickers

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 08:25 pm
@Lash,
Probably because a large part of the blacks in Wisconsin are college students in Madison, and those are voting like most of the other college Democrats. The author of the article doesn't mention that.
Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 09:37 pm
@Blickers,
Because it doesn't change the fact.
Blickers

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:13 pm
@Lash,
Yes, if that is the case it would change the fact. If a high percentage of your black voters are students at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, their voting patterns will likely be different from the blacks in Southern States.
roger

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:20 pm
@Blickers,
So, you think the differences are more regional and educational, than racial. If so, I agree.
Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:37 pm
@Blickers,
Yes, I'd say it's pretty obvious their voting patterns are different.

That's the point.

However, still black. Still voting Bernie, not Hillary. A surprise for Hillary.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:47 pm
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/3/31/1508550/-Sanders-Leading-in-Wisconsin-PPP-Poll-Winning-Black-Voters-by-Over-10
A recent hashtag satirized the Clintonbots' and their media's dogged attempt to float the lie that Bernie wasn't winning POC. #berniemademewhite

I wouldn't try to sell that **** on Twitter. They'll shut you down in an avalanche.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 05:36 am
@revelette2,
Super delegates were created after some states refused to seat minority delegates at that the DNC '68. There were some states that actually had two different delegations on the floor. Super delegates were created to be sure the interests of minority voters would not be ignored. There use has been perverted to the point where they don't represent any segment of the people so much as representing specific candidates.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 05:43 am
@parados,
Here, have an honest non political look at Bernie's record:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/bernard_sanders/400357
engineer

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 06:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Here, have an honest non political look at Bernie's record:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/bernard_sanders/400357

So that website shows Sanders as extreme in ideology with a mediocre leadership score. (The same site shows Clinton as a middle of the road Democrat with an above average leadership score.) Is that your belief?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 06:50 am
@engineer,
I don't find his record mediocre and it was posted to show he did a lot more than "nothing". The list of his committees and chairmanships are impressive. I posted that for an honest simple display of his work in Congress over forty years: more good public service than all the other standing candidate together three times over.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 06:53 am
Second poll shows Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz with primary leads
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

Madison— For the second day in a row, a new poll shows Bernie Sanders leading Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz with the narrowest of edges over Donald Trump in the fiercely contested Wisconsin presidential primaries.

The new survey by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic firm, is similar in many respects to results released Wednesday by the Marquette University Law School poll.

The Public Policy poll shows Sanders, the Vermont senator, leading Clinton, the former secretary of state, 49% to 43% with 8% of voters undecided. That compares to Wednesday's Marquette poll that showed Sanders leading 49% to 45%.
Former President Bill Clinton will be in Appleton on Friday and both Hillary Clinton and Sanders will be in Milwaukee on Saturday. Sanders is campaigning in Sheboygan and Green Bay on Friday, Eau Claire on Saturday and Madison on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/second-poll-shows-bernie-sanders-ted-cruz-with-primary-leads-b99697882z1-374144971.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:32 am
@bobsal u1553115,
An honest look?

Sanders has introduced 362 bills in 26 years in Congress. Only 3 of them have become law and of those 3, 2 of them named post offices. So in other words, in 26 years in Congress, Bernie has sponsored one piece of legislation that became law that had anything to do with governing.

And somehow you claim he was more influential than Barney Frank?
Barnie Frank introduced 692 pieces of legislation in 31 years in Congress and 23 of them became law of which 2 of them named post offices.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=400357#sponsor=400140&current_status[]=28

I guess I would agree that Sanders is as competent in naming post offices as Frank is. Other than that Frank has a huge lead in legislation that has been passed.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:33 am
People are simply buying into the hype, I hope the super delegates stick their guns knowing hypes don't last. Bernie is simply the extreme in the liberal direction imo, with no real answers as to how he is going to pay for all his promises much less get them passed in our congress. I see no revolution coming to put a bunch of Bernies in congress in order to pass his policies. Perhaps when the kids who support him grow up a little, they can run and the country can go that route if the country chooses to. Even if not all this policies takes place, going in that direction would be a good thing. But I just don't think Bernie Sanders will be an effective president, he is too ideological. I understand others don't agree and I am ok with that.
engineer

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I don't find his record mediocre and it was posted to show he did a lot more than "nothing".

Yet when you look at the Sanders point on the chart and the Clinton point on the chart, Sanders is pretty far down the "leadership" axis and way far on the left in the ideology one. Clinton is nicely in the Democratic pack for ideology (not some righty as some suggest) and pretty high up on the leadership scale. Sure, he is on some committees, but your own link doesn't make a case for Sanders as someone who can work inside the delegation or get stuff done. Do you read that graph differently?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:57 am
@roger,
Quote Roger:
Quote:
So, you think the differences are more regional and educational, than racial. If so, I agree.

I had an African-American friend who told me he once voted for Reagan. It was the first time he voted, and he was in the Navy at the time. Military people tend to vote conservative. He's out of the Navy now. He's a Democrat these days, but if you talk to him it is very clear that he identifies as a Navy man, that was and is a huge influence in his life.

In all this analysis of voting patterns and groups, we tend to forget that groups are composed of individuals living individual lives. Much of the time they'll see things like the other members of their group see it, other times they won't. And besides, both Sanders and Hillary are strongly pro-civil rights.
maporsche

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 08:38 am
@Lash,
Clinton only needs 44% of the Wisconsin delegates to stay right on track beating the snot out of Sanders in the primary.

Meaning, if Sanders wins 56-44 (a 12pt spread), he STILL won't gain any ground. (And current polls have him winning 48%-43%)

I mean, I guess that's a win???
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 08:43 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Perhaps when the kids who support him grow up a little, they can run

I'd like to see more young (under 30) people running for political office in the US - at all levels.
0 Replies