Is it the correct move, should I like my Best Friend?

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:34 am
We've been friends for about 10 years. Both of us really like each others company. We eat dinners together. Share problems to each other. Sometimes we do have 6th sense, wanting to go out together after a long week of work or schooling.

Both of our mothers also teased us and ask if we where going out? And most of his friends likes to disturb him, when I am around him.

I never thought of having a relationship with him till now. But I really do want to spoilt the friendship that we build if he doesn't feel the same way.

What should I do? Do u think he likes me?

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:37 am
@InHeaven,
Don't base your attraction (or not) to him on whether he likes you. That's bass-ackwards.

If you like him, then try to have a relationship. If not, don't.

There are no guarantees. BTW, if you try for a relationship and it's not reciprocated, that can kill even a long-term friendship.
InHeaven

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:53 am
@jespah,
I see, well I wouldn't want to jeopardise our Friendship. I do care for him but I'm just afraid that he might not feel the same way. Thanks for the advice. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:59 am
@InHeaven,
Does he like you? we have no idea.

Do you like him? do you want to find out if there is more to your relationship than a friendship? you're the only one who knows that.
InHeaven

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 10:07 am
@ehBeth,
I really don't know how he feels about me.

I do like him, and he is my number 1 and he knows that too. Even though, I have other friends which are girls.

Yes, I would really like to try to have a relationship with him. But I don't how to tell him.

Thanks for your advice Wink
ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 11:55 am
@InHeaven,
If he is your best friend, you should be able to talk to him about this. That's part of being friends - being able to talk to each other without judgment.

Perhaps on one of the occasions when your mothers say something, you can take the opportunity to ask him if he's ever considered something more than a friendship.

<edit - not while you're still with the mothers - when you're out on your own shortly thereafter>
InHeaven

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:06 am
@ehBeth,
Ouh my Beth, I so comfortable with him till I can tell everything till my period mood swings. When it comes to confession, my heart will start to raise and I will lose my cool if I were to do that. I'm afraid of rejections, as there were to many heartbreaks in the past.

I will try your advice. Thanks again. I shall wait for his exams to be over.
0 Replies