Clinton Autobiography Hurts Monica Lewinsky's Feelings

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 02:21 pm
Bravo Debra
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 02:25 pm
I don't know how you get there.....Monica IS the dumb ass slut who set out to screw and blow a married man and a powerful man and then did it......that's not a double standard...thats a fact.

Bill Clinton is no better. He whored around and took advantage of his position. But he's no worse.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 02:32 pm
I used to dally around with a girl back in the eighties who was a groupie, and she was a slut no doubt, as was I. Her name was @#$&*, but we called her The Big Gulp. Use your imagination.

Years later I saw her at a United Way function in RTP. I was doing karaoke and she was catering. I came up behind her and said "Hey Big Gulp" and she about died. She called me aside and said "Please Steve, don't call me that. It's nice to see you, but that was along time ago and I'm a different person now." In other words, she may have been slutty then, but she's no slut now.

Monica has made a cottage industry out of the fact that she blew a president. Used it to her advantage. She's not hiding out trying to live it down, she's used her notoriety to make money, and continues to.

That spells slut to me, not that there's anything wrong with that but call a spade a spade please.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Monica has made a cottage industry out of the fact that she blew a president. Used it to her advantage. She's not hiding out trying to live it down, she's used her notoriety to make money, and continues to.

Absolutely, Bi-Polar Bear:

Monica dripped the president's semen onto her dress and then placed the semen-stained dress in her closet like it was a trophy. Monica wasn't agonizing over her sexuality or the morality of her conduct. She was a groupie, plain and simple.

In my first "Poor Monica" post, I was being sarcastic about her "rude awakening." I have no doubt that Monica KNEW that the president was willing to place his cock in her mouth simply because it was open--and that she was willing to open her mouth simply because he was the president. No one can feel sorry for Monica under those circumstances.

IMO, Monica doesn't want to admit she was a groupie--so she feigns indignation by alleging there was a heart-felt relationship between herself and the president when there wasn't. She isn't fooling anyone.

I don't think someone like Monica falls in the same category as Crazyinlove who posted yesterday. I don't think Monica falls in the same category as a young girl who struggles with the moral issue of feminine chastity. Because, no matter how far we progress as a society, it seems that the guys can still go brag to their friends that they got the "ass," and the girl has to hang her head in shame.

The result? Women (maybe not all women, but certainly many women) find themselves struggling with the emotional issues of their sexuality much more than men do.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
I need to know the name of "Big Gulp's" catering service.

Or is that it?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:46 pm
Big Gulp
I wonder why Monica can't go around bragging "I sucked the President's cock!" She must feign a heart-felt relationship that never existed in a futile effort to avoid the "slut" label.

I wonder why Big Gulp can't go around giving all her girlfriends the high five and brag about her former conquests as a sexually liberated woman. Instead, she pleads, "Please Bear, don't call me 'Big Gulp' anymore," as she looks around, with her face flushed with embarrassment, to see if anyone else heard what Bear called her.

Monica, Big Gulp, Bill, and Bear are sluts. But, who among them hang their heads in shame more so than the others?

Upon reflection, I think I'm being way too critical of Monica. You go girl!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:04 pm
I think Monica convinced herself that she was a participant in Grand Passion--even though her feelings were hurt that there was no conventional sex between the Passionate Intern and the Powerful Man.

Most likely, the Associated Press reporter went looking for Monica's angle on the book, hoping for a few good quotes and a printable story. Some women, sadder but wiser, might have muttered, "No Comment". Monica sounds absolutely thrilled about being a quoted celebrity again.

She feels now that Clinton is out of office and there is no need to "protect the presidency" that he should express adoration and respect for Poor Little Monica. She doesn't have any remorse for fooling around with a married man--just resentment that the Ms. Tripp, the Starr Commission and the media "trashed" her reputation and that Chelsea Clinton has not been subjected to such treatment.

Demented--but a trendy lunatic.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:14 pm
Re: Big Gulp
Debra_Law wrote:
I wonder why Monica can't go around bragging "I sucked the President's cock!" She must feign a heart-felt relationship that never existed in a futile effort to avoid the "slut" label.

I wonder why Big Gulp can't go around giving all her girlfriends the high five and brag about her former conquests as a sexually liberated woman. Instead, she pleads, "Please Bear, don't call me 'Big Gulp' anymore," as she looks around, with her face flushed with embarrassment, to see if anyone else heard what Bear called her.

Monica, Big Gulp, Bill, and Bear are sluts. But, who among them hang their heads in shame more so than the others?

Upon reflection, I think I'm being way too critical of Monica. You go girl!

sounds like a personal problem...theirs and yours....no offense meant.......I honored Big Gulps request respectfully btw.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:15 pm
Quote:
Phoenix...what woman in her right mind would flash Johnson!

doglover- Johnson was a powerful man with a wandering eye. I'll bet there were plenty of women who wanted to bed down with him!

Good grief- Jackie-O married Aristotle Onassis. Do you think that it was because he was "hot"??? Nope- after being married to the president there was nowhere to go but to one of the richest, and most powerful men in the world!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:18 pm
and by the way...no sympathy for me? a poor impressionable young man thrust into the sleazy world of nightclubs and loose women, seduced by silicon and promises of love only to find out I was merely another scalp on the love belt of these evil and experienced groupies, a trophy to bragged about as the tour bus pulled out of town.

I am a man to be pitied....forever scarred by my past.......excuse me.... I need a moment....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:23 pm
Good try Bear...no cigar
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:25 pm
i'm for monica. she had every reason to believe there may have been a chance between her and clinton. he was then, and still is, the master of the moment. what she didn't take into account, which i attribute to her age and trusting/naive temperment, was that clinton would take the convenient socially correct stance to save his ass.

she is not a slut, her life is an open book, which sets her up for constant mockery, but a slut she is not.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:49 pm
panzade wrote:
Good try Bear...no cigar

let's try to leave the cigars out of this shall we?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
I believe she was just naive and probably had her mother's gold-digging ways pounded into her head from an early age. I heard something about her mother having a pattern of dating rich powerful men, and I'm sure that may have influenced Monica in being such a dumb little tramp.

I feel sorry for the little gold-digging trollup.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:56 pm
Boo-hoo-hoo
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
call it gold digging if you like, but her mother landed well. she married peter strauss, a power lawyer, who hired vernon jordon once he left the urban league. jordon had to put up with the bullshit of being rejected from many law firms for being black. strauss is no dummy, and he is by now in his 70s (?), which means he is of the WWII generation of jewish men who grew up with the very real threat of hitler. i doubt he would have married monica's mother if she was a ditz.

and, why is it when a woman marries well that she is a gold-digger?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:15 pm
Good point, Gala. Never considered Monica a gold-digger, tho', looking for fortune. I don't think Monica had a plan beyond screwing Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:17 pm
maybe she was just trying a novel approach to getting finance for her handbag company...in which case you have to give her points for, excuse the expression, out of the box thinking.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:17 pm
I have to agree with Debra about the double standard. It still exists, and this story is a prime example.

I have to wonder if Monica is entirely to blame for stretching her 15 minutes of fame. If the public wasn't so fascinated by the lurid details of her private life, the media wouldn't pursue her.

She made some bad mistakes when she was younger. In her position, I, too, would try to make the most of my notoriety now. The difference is, I would admit I made a big mistake. Not once have I heard her say that, nor that she regrets hurting his family and jeopardizing his career. She comes across as amoral.

Clinton, a brilliant man, is also amoral. Being the older and supposedly wiser of the two, he had the greater responsibility because of his position as her employer. He admitted he made a mistake only because he was forced to.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:31 pm
This is the same girl that was screwing her married high school teacher years before she hit DC so shedding tears and painting her as a victim would be fantasy, at best. You lay down with dogs, you come up with fleas. She set her sights on this powerful, well-known, amoral skirt-chaser and she played on his weakness. She popped her thong at him, not the other way around. He's flawed and p----driven, and there you have it in a nutshell. His legacy is forever smeared and so is hers perhaps. Se la vie. Unfortunately, it's not over.
0 Replies