aidan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:01 pm
What's the deal? - what's up? - what's happening - how ya doin'? - how's it going ?- how's it hanging? - everything cool? Or as the English (at least where I live) would say, "Hiya - alright?"

What did you do tonight?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 07:33 am
Well it wasn't as good as what you seem to have been up to.

What happened next?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:09 am
... and then, they did it, right there in front of the stage.

Why are you indoors with a computer on a nice June day?
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:16 am
Have to put clothes on to go outside...

What's the temperature in your area?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:21 am
20 C today I should think, but hotter in my garden

Where are the lakes? NZ?
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:51 am
Nope. Just good ole MN-USA

What is your favorite warm weather activity?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:13 pm
eating and drinking with friends outside

What is your best cold weather activity?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:28 pm
Being rubbed down with a hot rough towel by a big fat Lady wearing her Sunday best.

Can you imagine?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:10 pm
Excuse me your honour,

When I start to imagine it, and it takes form in my mind, I want to vomit, then I note if she's good at her job, I start to get aroused anyway in spite of myself, and this makes me want to vomit more.

Did you ever drink so much you became ill the next day?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:47 am
Is the Pope a rottweiler!?

How many times have you sworn off the demon drink?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:06 am
Never.I made a resolution once not to overdo it ever again under any circumstances whatsoever.And I have stuck to it even after the Epsom Derby and when Hedgehunter cantered around Aintree.It isn't worth it.I'm in peak condition when slightly tipsy.I never drink outside of my pub.Actually "drink" is an ambience word containing many abstract concepts without which it is just a chemical.In my pub the clean glasses are kept on a high shelf and on a low shelf which necessitates the barmaids either reaching up and thus displaying their armpits and reaching down and often revealing other aspects of their many charms.This is very useful for bringing a halt to discussions concerning the infinite nature of the universe or of matters pertaining to the orderly management of society and on the evenings when Carol or Sharon are on our minds often go completely blank.And that is only one instance from the swirling,seething frenzy which goes to make up the concept "drink".On live gig nights the juddering cellulite renders some of us into the state one imagines exists on the front row at the Royal Ballet.

Is your local pub as bad as this from an intellectual point of view?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:50 pm
No.

What did you do today?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:20 pm
You just saw one of the things aidan.There are a few others if you look around.I'm on auto the rest of the time so I don't remember it so good.

Do you like A2K?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:27 pm
I do.

What music stirs your soul?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:31 pm
Too much to tell.Forced to pick one,for the desert island, Mahler.But aw shucks-that's not fair.

Isn't life wonderful for the lucky?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:32 pm
Always.

What do you like about Mahler - his funeral marches?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:34 pm
I do know what you mean by the word "like."

I do wish it were a pub. That is, we could gather all of the the crew here into one large pub. Perhaps it could have 3 floors, depending on your mood for the evening. There would be no leaving. Well, unless you got kicked out. The 4th floor or dimension would be a dungeon under the pub, where certain pub regulars could go to engage in various darker activities. It might be the most popular floor of all.

That dungeon floor might also be the most intelellectual parts of the pub. Attendees would study the finer points of pleasure and pain, whether the universe is infinite, and whether there is such a thing as time.

S & I, I think, would have a habit of getting a bit tipsy and then wander around the pub causing the patrons to fight amongst themselves. Good entertainment, we'd do it for sport, until someone kicked our rears, which would be quite some time because we'd be crafty. Then we walk away, spilled drink in hand, to the next potential pair of sparring partners.

I live in a city with many "pubs" on the one hand, but then again perhaps only 4 or so of them qualify as a British type pub. None of them stands out as particularly great, so I rotate among perhaps 8 more loosely classified "drinking establihments."

How many pubs are in your town?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:36 pm
Two - The Red Lion, and the Strawberry Special

Why don't you know what I mean by "like." Isn't that a pretty basic concept? Did you know that Mahler had a very tragic life? Did you know that that is reflected in his music?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:48 pm
aidan wrote:
Two - The Red Lion, and the Strawberry Special

Why don't you know what I mean by "like." Isn't that a pretty basic concept? Did you know that Mahler had a very tragic life? Did you know that that is reflected in his music?

That indeed be a lot of questions, m'lady.

Regarding the aforementioned "like" in point of question. I daydreamt you meant like as a simile, in that I might be like Mahler's Funeral Processions. If that were the case, then indeed some days or nights are like that or I my dark night of the sould could be described to be like that. Then I thought perhaps you meant did I like the skill which the sadness and darkness of Mahler's more melancholy were created, without actually liking the songs themselves. Well other things I wondered included perhaps you wondered if I liked how he created this work in spite of his tragic life, but I didn't really like the work itself. Or perhaps I liked the work in view of it. Finally, I thought you potentially meant did I actually like the actual songs. Or do I like it for special occasions such as funerals, but I don't really care to hear it when I take High Tea?

Well that is some of the stuff I wondered.

Do you like living in Britain? (or where you live, if the answerer of this doesn't live in Britain)
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:53 pm
Well, having regretted my bitchy tone - I had asked you another question. Our posts crossed - pinch, poke, you owe me a coke - as we would say in the states.

I love living in Britain. Yes, that is where I really do live right now.

Where do you live?
0 Replies