We Bombed the Wrong Side

swolf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
You call my fertility rates bullsh*t huh.

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/peo_tot_fer_rat∫=-1

In the case of Albania proper you're probably correct. That's not what the problem is about, as I noted above. Albanians already control Albania; they do not need overwhelming fertility rates there.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:14 pm
swolf wrote:
That's not what the problem is about, as I noted above.

That's why the "No Bullshit" sign right? I do think you should be careful with any premature conclusions. Yes, local Albanian-Kosovo leaders have pointed at 'the power of the penis' as one of your articles stated. Yes, fertility rates seem to be high (although there is only one source who gives a number, much lower than 10, and from 1998, although I do believe UN figures are correct). But in what way do these ideas, this ideology of "conquering through reproduction", have support among the population? Not to accuse you of something, but the same rhetoric is often used by neo-Nazi's when they talk about the Holocaust. 'Because of the Holocaust, the Jews got their homeland [Israel], and therefore the Holocaust was a Zionist-Jewish conspiracy to achieve their goals'. 'Proof' is that more than once Zionists had said that all Jews should leave to Palestine before they would be killed by the Nazi's, and that the 'Zionists' use the Holocaust to defend the existence of Israel ('The Holocaust could happen again'). Again, I do not want to compare you to a Neo-nazi, because I know you are not and I respect your opinion. But I do not agree with you.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:58 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
swolf wrote:
That's not what the problem is about, as I noted above.

That's why the "No Bullshit" sign right? I do think you should be careful with any premature conclusions. Yes, local Albanian-Kosovo leaders have pointed at 'the power of the penis' as one of your articles stated. Yes, fertility rates seem to be high (although there is only one source who gives a number, much lower than 10, and from 1998, although I do believe UN figures are correct).

For some stupid reason that sort of info has gotten harder to come up with on the net than it was around 98 - 99. Most of the stats I was able to find at that time indicated a rate of nearly ten children per family amongst albanian kosovars. I don't see anything like that around now nonetheless what I do see now as you observed indicates they still have the highest fertility rate in Europe.

Now, doing that in your own country is one thing, but in the case of ethnic albanians, that's not what anybody is talking about. What people ARE talking about and what I noticed people from several surrounding countries complaining about in 98 - 99, was a deliberate policy of ensconsing themselves in little corners of other people's countries, doing their breeding thing for twenty years until they represent some local majority in the little corner, and then trying to break the little corner of the other guy's country off into "greater albania" Macedonians call that "rabbit breeding their way to power".
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:09 pm
Chill out, Swolf. Your getting silly now.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
swolf wrote:
What people ARE talking about and what I noticed people from several surrounding countries complaining about in 98 - 99, was a deliberate policy of ensconsing themselves in little corners of other people's countries...

I hope for you you are not making this up.

Anyway, I do have to agree with you that sources concerning new, fresh Albanian-Kosovo fertility rates are hard to find - although that is mostly in your disadvantage. Point is however in what areas they have these "breeding-like-rabbits-Albanians"? I mean, Kosovo doesn't need to be "conquered" right - they already have a Albanian majority. Greece? Never heard of a problem there. Serbia-Montenegro? Nope, not what I know of. Macedonia? Yes. But to what extent has there always been an Albanian majority in the northern part of Macedonia? And again, to what extent can someone claim the high fertility rates among these ethnic Albanians have their roots in a big conspiracy to make an "Albania Major"? It can be so in the eyes of the Macedonians, but to what extent are they objective sources? For what I know they are not very positive about Albanians in general. And to what extent do the words of extremist seperatist groups among the ethnic Albanians in these countries represent the general opinion among the Albanian population?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:32 pm
Is anyone else noticing a pattern here? It seems that whenever swolf is challenged on a particular point, the 'net sources mysteriously disappear. Hmmm....
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:35 pm
Mr. Green
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:45 pm
Here's a source which lists Albanian fertility as 6 - 8 children per family:

http://www.cyberessays.com/History/61.htm
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:51 pm
Quote:
Albanians were given majority rule of Kosovo in the 1960's by
Tito in order to act as a hegemon to the power of Serbia. Under
independent rule, the region was able to make available an Albanian
curriculum and Albanian culture grew in importance. Economically,
however, Kosovo was still suffering since whatever gains the economy
made were outdone by the gains in population made by the Albanian
Muslims who averaged six to eight children per family.

1960's swolf? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:27 pm
A number like that wouldn't figure to change much but it doesn't sound like something anybody ever got a terribly good read on. I have seen figures more like eight to ten in the nineties.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:17 pm
For heaven's sake, get some help. Counselling, medication, just do something.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:21 pm
swolf wrote:
What people ARE talking about and what I noticed people from several surrounding countries complaining about in 98 - 99, was a deliberate policy of ensconsing themselves in little corners of other people's countries, doing their breeding thing for twenty years until they represent some local majority in the little corner

So that must be a relatively new thing, then, eh?

I mean, take Kosovo. According to the Austrian statistics of 1903, Orthodox Serbs only made up some 25% of the population of the sancaks of Prishtina, Pec and Prizren. According to the Ottoman statistics of 1912, they made up 21% of the population. And the Yugoslav censuses of 1931, 1948, 1953 and 1961 all gave 27% as the proportion of Serbs/Montenegrins in the total population of Kosovo - and they are likely, if anything, to have overstated the Serb population. Pretty stable numbers.

Only from the 70's onwards did the Serb population start to drop in proportion to the Albanian majority - and then mostly because of large numbers of Serbs starting to migrate out to the rest of Serbia, partly because of bad ethnic relations in the province and partly because Kosovo was very poor and lacking in opportunities and Serbs, unlike Albanians, could relatively easily find jobs etc in Belgrade or other Serbian cities.

So perhaps you should stick to the line that Albanians were already chasing Serbs out and thats how the Serb population dropped - rather than peddling the story of how Albanians were out to overtake power by a strategy of breeding ever larger majorities.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:33 pm
It was a combination of things. The breeding part of it is real enough and as the one item I posted above notes, Albanians even boasted of it to at least one British MP.

Then there was the terror factor. The methods used by the Albanians to drive others out of the province were totally brutal:

http://www.srpska-mreza.com/ddj/Kosovo/articles/Binder87NYT.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~sarant_2/ksm.html

Then you had large numbers of Albanians fleeing the Albanian government, which was reputedly one of the two or three most messed up in the commie world. By some accounts, as many as a third to half the Kosovars in 99 might have been illegal immigrants.

Then you had Tito (another croatian) making a deliberate effort to weaken Serbian nationalism by a deliberate policy of moving Serbs out of Kosovo.

This was on top of the fascist policies during WW-II and whatever they'd done to such populations. Some accounts claim that Serbs were more than half the population of Kosovo prior to WW-II.

Kosovo has been a part of Serbia since the early middle ages. There were, until after the NATO action and the takeover by Kosovars, hundreds of orthodox shrines, monasteries, and churches in the province, many priceless art treasures, all of which have been ruined by the kosovars by now.

Again, in my view, the precedent of Kosovo cannot be allowed to stand. The precedent says that ethnicity is now everything, and things like History, sovereignty, and rightful ownership no longer mean anything. The UN could just as easily step in and demand that we hand California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas straight over to Mexico on the same basis, and I would guess that we'll see that within the next five years if something isn't done.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:27 am
swolf wrote:
The UN could just as easily step in and demand that we hand California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas straight over to Mexico on the same basis, and I would guess that we'll see that within the next five years if something isn't done.

Wow! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:40 am
swolf wrote:

Then there was the terror factor. The methods used by the Albanians to drive others out of the province were totally brutal:

http://www.srpska-mreza.com/ddj/Kosovo/articles/Binder87NYT.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~sarant_2/ksm.html

"srpska mreza" or "serbian network" - I wonder what would "albanian network" say about events in Kosovo.

Quote:
Then you had large numbers of Albanians fleeing the Albanian government, which was reputedly one of the two or three most messed up in the commie world. By some accounts, as many as a third to half the Kosovars in 99 might have been illegal immigrants.

First sentence is correct. Second one is not.

Quote:
Then you had Tito (another croatian) making a deliberate effort to weaken Serbian nationalism by a deliberate policy of moving Serbs out of Kosovo.

"Another Croatian", by the way, that was leader of Anti-Nazi movement in Balkans, which is quite surprising and weird fact, since all Croats in WW2 were Nazis, right swolf?
Tito, by the way, had important role of weakening Serbian nationalism and that's one of his good sides (as well as weakening Croatian nationalism) alhtough I am pretty sure that on YOUR planet nationalism is great thing.

Quote:

Kosovo has been a part of Serbia since the early middle ages.

Now that, for a change, is complete truth.

Quote:
There were, until after the NATO action and the takeover by Kosovars, hundreds of orthodox shrines, monasteries, and churches in the province, many priceless art treasures, all of which have been ruined by the kosovars by now.

Kosovars are both Serbs and Albanians from Kosovo, and I think it's pretty normal that they are in power instead of Belgians for example. If you wanted to say that Albanians are today in power in Kosovo or that they have more rights then Serbs, then you are completely wrong.

You are right, however, that some orthodox monasteries were ruined by Albanians, as well as some catholic churches and mosques by Serbs. In one previous discussion I provided you links from serbian media about it - reports and photos of wild masses burning mosques.

Quote:
Again, in my view, the precedent of Kosovo cannot be allowed to stand. The precedent says that ethnicity is now everything, and things like History, sovereignty, and rightful ownership no longer mean anything.

And that, of course, is your view only in Kosovo. When Serbs occupied almost third of historic croatian territory then you probably had different views. Kosovo=Krajina (historic serbian territory with albanian majority = historic croatian territory with serbian majority /with addition that Serbs occupied several villages, towns and cities in Croatia with absolute croatian majority as well/), and while I would completely disagree with you if you would try to persuade people that Kosovo should be albanian territory and Krajina serbian territory, in that case you would be at least consistent and fair.
This way you are just obsessed with Serbs.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:49 am
by the way, there was no precedent at first place. Kosovo is still part of Serbia and I don't see any international plan for that being changed.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:59 am
swolf wrote:
A number like that wouldn't figure to change much but it doesn't sound like something anybody ever got a terribly good read on. I have seen figures more like eight to ten in the nineties.
"
"wouldn't figure to change much". A lot can change in 40 years swolf. And saying 'I have seen figures'... I don't call that convincing proof. For the rest: I think nimh and M.O.U. have commented it pretty good.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:18 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:

And that, of course, is your view only in Kosovo. When Serbs occupied almost third of historic croatian territory then you probably had different views. Kosovo=Krajina (historic serbian territory with albanian majority = historic croatian territory with serbian majority /with addition that Serbs occupied several villages, towns and cities in Croatia with absolute croatian majority as well/), and while I would completely disagree with you if you would try to persuade people that Kosovo should be albanian territory and Krajina serbian territory, in that case you would be at least consistent and fair.
This way you are just obsessed with Serbs.

The Kraina Serbs had been where they were for hundreds of years. The basic reality seems to be that the Serbs are the ones who have been ethnically cleansed, pretty much everywhere in the picture, while the bosnians, albanians, and your fellow crow-ashuns are the ones who do all the crying. Something's wrong with the picture, isn't it?

Near as I can tell, Stella Jatras pretty much nailed it:

Quote:

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

By Stella L. Jatras, The American Legion, 7 October 1998

Perhaps your readers should be told just who our GIs are protecting in Bosnia ("Second to None," Jordan goes to Bosnia, October 1998).

(Tuzla) Army Col. Gregory Fontenot reportedly turned to two black soldiers in his brigade and said" "It'll be interesting to hear what you see because the Croatians are racists...They kill people for the color of their skins." (The Washington Times, Dec. 29, 1995). Last year, Croatians greeted German troops with the offensive "Sieg Heil." (Newsweek 6, Jan. 1997). Apparently, bad habits are hard to break.

"A German tank rolls through a small village, and the peasants rush out, lining the road with their right arm raised in Nazi salute as they chanted "Heil Hitler." Mobs chased minorities from their homes, kicking them, and pelting them with eggs as they flee into the woods. Europe in the 1942s? No Croatia in the 1990s." (The Washington Times, 15 June 1997) . From the Evening Standard of London, 7 August 1995, "Victory smiles that hide the roots of evil, Edward Pearce writes, "but you can understand Croatia best by saying flatly that if there is one place in the world where a statue of Adolf Hitler would be revered, it would be in Zagreb." And from the International Herald Tribune, 4 September 1995, "Croatia Eradicates Traces of its Serbs, Army Loots and Burns Krajina Homes."

With US military aid and technology and training by the Military Professional Resources, Inc., (MPRI) Croatian forces "ethnically cleansed" over 250,000 Serbs from their ancestral Krajina land (the largest exodus since WWII), slaughtered over 5,000, and those too elderly or infirm to flee remained only to have their throats slit or a bullet to the back of the head. Furthermore, Croatian jets bombed and strafed fleeing refugees without one word of condemnation from the "civilized" world.

Did you know that in 1992, Croatian troops attacked Canadian forces (the Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry) and engaged them in some of their worst battles since the Korean War? This battle, known as the Battle of the Medak pocket, was kept from the Canadian people for over four years. The Canadian troops were trying to stop the further slaughter of over 1,000 Serbian men, women and children by Croatian forces. Croats wanted to delay the Canadians to enable their ethnic cleansing units to finish their killing and looting [of Serbs].. Fourteen plastic bags of Serbian body parts of children were discovered. (The Ottawa Citizen, Oct. 7, 1996. A color photo which accompanied the article showed the leader of the Canadian peacekeepers, with the caption, "Lt. Col Jim Calvin, left, had to calm his outraged soldiers after they discovered the carnage." Have you even heard about these battles between Croatian and Canadian forces? I seriously doubt it. (see my letter to The Washington Times, 10 May 1998)

Over one million Serbs, Jews and Gypsies were exterminated in Croatians death camps (with the help of their Bosnian Muslim allies), so brutally that even Hitler's SS were disgusted.

To the editors of the American Legion, I say shame, for not telling the American people the truth, that their sons and daughters are in Bosnia to protect the same racist Croatian State that had allied itself with Hitler during WWII.

As for Bosnia, the enclosed attachments speak for themselves. I leave you with the following quotes:

"Want to start a war? Better yet, want the U.S., Britain, France, NATO, the United Nations on your side? Call in the cameras...it lies in those magic initials CNN, NBC, BBC..." (Financial Times [London] 11 July 1998.

"Pictures of dead or wounded (or raped) Serbs often fill the screens of the world's television and print media, only to be re-labeled as dead or wounded or raped Croats or Muslims. Many Serb victims not only suffer the indignity of defeat in death; they also are used in death as models in the macabre image manipulation operations of the Croatian and Muslim Bosnians. If the Vietnam War was lost to the United States by the negative television images of its own reporters, then the Balkan war against the Serbs is being won...by an active planned manipulation of international television." (Gregory R. Copley, Editor, Defence & Foreign Affairs Strategic Policy [London], December, 1992.)

"This organized anti-Serb and pro-Muslim propaganda should cause anyone believing in democracy and free speech serious concerns. It recalls Hitler's propaganda against the allies in WWII. Facts are twisted and, when convenient, disregarded." (Yohanan Ramati, Director of the Jerusalem Institute for Western Defence.)

In 1941, Hitler bombed Belgrade. America is now preparing to bomb Belgrade again in violation of our own laws. Serbia is the example to the rest of the world of what happens to a small nation that defies the New World Order. Over 500 downed American pilots were rescued by Serb nationalists in WWII while Croatians and Bosnian Muslims were turning our airmen over to the Germans. For their heroism and sacrifices, America is rewarding the Serbian people with bombs, the result of a calculating, biased, one-sided anti-Serb, pro-Muslim media and politicians with a political agenda.

I don't expect this letter, or any part of it, to reach your readers. Politically Incorrect letters are rarily published, especially when there is an agenda to withhold the truth from the American people.

Although I am not a veteran, I am the wife of a veteran of 30 years who was a "fighter" pilot. And that is what I am, sir, a "fighter," for the truth. For over six years I have been fighting to bring the truth to the American people and I will never stop, for what we are doing to the Serbian people is the real sin in the eyes of God.

Our kids are in Bosnia under false pretense. President Clinton lied to get our kids involved in someone elses civil war. My hero, my husband, is as disgusted as I am with the conning of the American people by this Commander in Chief. (Some Commander!) .

Just what have we accomplished in Bosnia? We have become the mid-wife to the rebirth of the neo-fascist, ethically pure state of Croatia that Hitler had only promised. In Bosnia, Saudi Arabia wanted an Islamic state in the belly of Europe and we wanted Saudi oil and money. It all boils down to G-R-E-E-D. American Greed. Islamic terrorists are being trained in Bosnia and in Kosovo, their object is to go into Europe and commit their terrorists acts.

WE have become the bully of the world. WE have become the "enforcer." (You either live by our rules, or you die). WE have become the Evil Empire. At least the Soviet made no pretense of what they were. The evil we are perpetuating against the Serbian people is being done under the guise of democracy, which makes us far more dangerous than the Soviets ever were.

To the Editors. If the American Legion is not concerned with the lives of our GIs by the mere fact of not wanting to know the truth of how they got there, it is an injustice to the wives, sons and daughters of those who have been sent to defend a fascist nation and an Islamic fundamentalist one. What is presented here is only a small portion of what has been withheld from the American people. I strongly suggest you read the enclosed information, if for no other reason than to help you to understand the impact of US involvement in the Balkans and the effect it has on our kids who are being sent into harms way. Had the American people been told the truth from the beginning, our kids wouldn't be there today.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:33 am
letter to the editor? you are funnier then even I thought. I guess only cav knew that one Very Happy

BTW, considering ethnical cleansing your informations are poor and false like all others (from Yugoslavia being consisted of 25 nations on...)
First that actually started with ethnical cleansing were Serbs - both "Krajina" and "Republic of Srpska" were completely cleaned from Croats and Muslims - Republic of Srpska still remains only part of Balkan where there is absolutely no positive movement towards returning refugees - check some official pages for a change, instead of posting funny stuff like letters to editors, paying ads, articles that mysteriously disappeared (that happens only with YOUR articles by the way), articles from papers that never existed (such as famous Toronto Sun or Toronto Times, forgive me for not memorizing imaginary papers), or articles from sites that at the same time disagree with you in absolutely every subject you can imagine, or at the same time promote such a jolly ideas like "Holocaust never happened".
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:52 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
letter to the editor? you are funnier then even I thought. I guess only cav knew that one

They say the truth hurts sometimes, and you sound like you're in a lot of pain...
0 Replies