Fight at a Dance Recital

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 09:52 am
Hey, you gave her the opportunity to try something and decide if she wanted to pursue it. The exposure to dance is more important than the length of time she takes lessons. Childhood is the time to try a lot of different things.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:34 am
My mother wanted me to take dance, to take piano lessons, but I was such a tomboy and so opposed to anything outside of softball and my art that she didn't force me. I've always regretted it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:45 am
I lasted 10 minutes at Brownies. I'm still glad the hamburgers didn't make me go again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:54 am
So there you have it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:54 am
edit
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:56 am
Yup.

Parents do their best, and hope the results are reasonable. I don't think we can ask for more (as parents or children).
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:57 am
Mom made my sister and me take six years of dance. We only got out of that by agreeing to take piano instead. That lasted two years. I consider it eight wasted years! Think of all the books I could have read! Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:31 am
Thanks sozobe. It's still hard though not to try and encourage her. She looked so beautiful and appears to do really well at dance. But as a parent you have to try and let your little ones do what they like best. I guess if you force a child to do something that they do not like even if they have the talent, they will start doing poorly any way. Well, I have a baby girl too. Maybe she will like dance.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 12:15 pm
She'll make you proud at something else, Linkat. Watch and see!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm
ehbeth and brownies, oh my god ! if she would have stayed, i'm sure the brownies wouldn't have survived long (she would have rather joined the boyscouts !). she and her schoolgirl-chums were known for chasing the boys up the trees . i should check to see if they ever came back down. hbg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:16 pm
Yeah I know she will, Eva (she already does). As long as she is having fun - that is what these extra activities are supposed to be aren't they? To be honest my little girl has quite an arm on her and she can hit from a thrown pitch. I watch other children her age, especially the boys and she puts many of them to shame. I guess it helps to have a daddy who was an excellent ball player and a mommy who was quite a sports player when she was young.
0 Replies