Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 10:09 am
This is NOT about the real frogs and the fools who ate them...

Ionus thinks I owe him an apology for calling his anti-French crap for what it it: a form of prejudice and xenophobia. Let's see what he's got:

Ionus wrote:

Are you a French lawyer to boldly state that the incident DIDN'T take place or are you just trolling ? I'm telling you he was charged by the Police and was waiting for his trial when he would have to prove he was not guilty of assaulting 4 French men outside a pub that he walked past . The Australian Embassy was involved and they had statements from them as well . If I could find the article I would rub your nose in it .

No article so far. It's innocent until proven guilty in France since 1789.

Quote:
During the Falklands War the French Company that makes the Exocet Missile published a full page ad in British newspapers saying its missiles were working and killing lots of British sailors (this was in response to a ploy by the British who said the missiles werent detonating because of incorrectly set fuses) . How sensitive of them ! And Britain being a fellow NATO ally .

No proof of that either...

Quote:
The French President let the producers of the movie 'The Da Vinci Code' film in the Louvre if they made his niece the star .

This accusation is baseless. Chirac cracked a joke and offered to help, and you put these two together and made a big movie out of it in your own hateful head.

Ioio owns me an apology.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 7,673 • Replies: 149

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 11:30 am
Once I have won the lottery, I plan to go to Paris. Maybe tour the country. No time frame, as yet.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 11:45 am
At the start of the conflict, France's president, Francois Mitterrand, came to Britain's aid by declaring an embargo on French arms sales and assistance to Argentina. He also allowed the British fleet to use French port facilities in West Africa, as well as providing London with detailed information about planes and weaponry his country had sold to Buenos Aires. France also co-operated with extensive British efforts to stop Argentina acquiring any more Exocets on the world's arms market.

There was no newspaper advertisement as described. Does anyone really imagine that any British newspaper would accept it? Such an idea is the ranting of an idiot. You get plenty of these on Able2know.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 12:13 pm
@Olivier5,
http://i59.tinypic.com/4h2o78.jpg
Olivier5

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ha ha ha.....

Give us some more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 05:49 pm
Possibly my favorite food blogger is David Lebovitz, an american who blogs from Paris and has for a lot of years.
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/08/sunday-market-in-august/

I'll have to do a search to see if he has cooked frogs legs..

edit, I've been looking at that market article. Oh, gee.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 06:06 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll leave this thread, adding as I step away, a tomato tart recipe:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/05/french-tomato-tart-recipe/
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:44 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
There was no newspaper advertisement as described.
Then a moron like you had better get someone to read it for them, seeing it doesnt exist .
http://able2know.org/topic/273271-15#post-5935765
contrex

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 01:20 am
@Ionus,
The Economist is not a "British newspaper". It is an international-circulation finance and business oriented magazine.
roger

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 01:41 am
@contrex,
They seem to talk British.
contrex

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 01:50 am
@roger,
In 2006, its average weekly circulation was reported to be 1.5 million, about half of which were sold in the United States.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 02:32 am
@contrex,
Thats all you got ? No contradicting Loyds that the claim of the number of ships sunk was exaggerated ? No argument that the paper is distributed in Britain ? Just quibbling about who owns it . What happened to your
Quote:
There was no newspaper advertisement as described.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 02:34 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
No proof of that either...
Even one of your minions accepts its existence . Do you ?

Orifice5fingers owes me an apology .
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:29 am
Why don't you **** off, Ionus, since your creation and prolongation of a pissing contest suggests a maturity level of an approximately 13 year old retard?
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 08:47 am
@Ionus,
So you have an article (barely readible) about an ad. But you still don't have the ad... No cigar yet. Maybe the article you posted is just lying or misrepresenting the case.

If your article is correct, then Contrex is right that the newspaper involved was even more despicable accepting and publishing the ad than the French constructor was to produce it.

Where are you from, Ioio? A country which knows no evil, for sure...
contrex

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 08:58 am
Olivier, The Economist is actually a magazine, and it does not have an exclusively British readership.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:27 am
@contrex,
Indeed, although British in history and culture, and headquartered in London. The relevant point being that its audience is international, and that its advertisements are not typically targeted at the average UK consumer.
contrex

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 11:10 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Indeed, although British in history and culture, and headquartered in London. The relevant point being that its audience is international, and that its advertisements are not typically targeted at the average UK consumer.

The point I made at 8.20 AM today (above)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 11:12 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
The point I made at 8.20 AM today (above)
And you wrote as well that it isn't a newspaper.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 11:20 am
@contrex,
Right.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Frogs and the fools who hate them
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:53:42