Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:09 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
At the head of the Courts is the Ministry for Justice, ruled by a politician .
Can you name some countries, where the minister of justice isn't a politician?
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:21 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Now we also know you are a coward.
You mean like :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_France
Quote:
France employed 98 divisions (all but 28 of them reserve or fortress formations) and 2,500 tanks against German forces consisting of 43 divisions (32 of them reserves) and no tanks. They advanced until they met the then thin and undermanned Siegfried Line. The French army would easily have been able to penetrate the mere screen of German forces present had they continued with the offensive
That would have drastically changed the war, may very well have won it and saved countless millions . Well done froggies ! Good to see Orifice5fingers knows cowardice when he sees it, given his great experience and all .

Quote:
There were 117 French divisions in total, of which 104 divisions (including 11 in reserve) were for the defence of the north. The British Army contributed 13 divisions, three of which had not been organized when the campaign began. Some 22 Belgian, 10 Dutch and two Polish divisions[78] were also a part of the Allied order of battle. British artillery strength amounted to 1,280 guns. Belgium fielded 1,338 and the Dutch, 656. France had 10,700 pieces. This made a total of around 14,000 artillery pieces,[58] 45 percent more than the Germans. The French army was also more motorised than its opponent, which still relied heavily on horses.[76] Although the Belgians, British and Dutch had barely any armour, the French had a powerful force of 3,254 tanks.[79] The force was both larger and of higher quality than Germany's, as shown by its tactical victory in the Battle of Hannut, the largest tank battle of the campaign

The German forces in the West in May and June deployed some 2,439 tanks and 7,378 artillery guns, including matériel reserves committed.[59] In 1939–40, 45 percent of the army was at least 40 years old, and 50 percent of all the soldiers had just a few weeks' training.[60] Contrary to what the Blitzkrieg legend suggests, the German Army was far from fully motorised; just 10 percent of their army was motorised in 1940 and could muster only 120,000 vehicles, compared to the 300,000 of the French Army. The British had the most enviable contingent of motorised forces.[60] Most of the German logistical tail consisted of horse-drawn vehicles.[61]

Only 50 percent of the German divisions available in 1940 were combat ready,[60] often being more poorly equipped than their equivalents in the British and French Armies, or even as well as the German Army of 1914.[62] In the spring of 1940, the German army was semi-modern. A small number of the best-equipped and "elite divisions were offset by many second and third rate divisions".

French Military deaths were 92,000 in 1939–40 . The rest of the French Military were prisoners . Only 27,000 Germans were killed . You can put a frenchie in uniform but you cant make him fight . Who is the coward you were speaking of ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:22 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
If that mysterious ad of yours says something about the Frenchmen who conceived it, what does it says about the British guys who printed it?
Are you saying it does exist now ? Wasnt it your genius plan to claim it didnt exist ? That all the news coverage was a conspiracy ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:22 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
From your reference if I am correct, (you didn't accredit it ) .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_France
Sorry. No, that wasn't my source. I got it from the official French government website
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you for that . I have somewhat limited resources and my French is very limited and my German is almost non-existent but I do speak other languages, some fluently .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The two careers are completely distinct. I never heard of a policeman becoming judge in a second life, or vice versa.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:47 am
@Ionus,
The soldier who revolted against their officer in 1917 were heros, rebelling against criminally incompetent officers.

YOU on the other hand are a coward because you want to snipe other nations but you won't tell us where you are from... A country without any corruption whatsoever and which never did any mistake, no doubt.
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You might have missed the point...the nominal head of justice is usually the High Court or Supreme Court, the Minister for Justice is responsible for the implementation of laws . The head of the Police is responsible for public prosecutions, though a private citizen can also bring about a prosecution if the Police will not . The nominal head of it all is the Crown who has no real power, so there is a Seperation of Powers (The legislature makes the laws; the executive put the laws into operation; and the judiciary interprets the laws). Systems vary, but usually a judge is selected by the executive and approved by the legislature, though if the position is for life, selection may just be by the executive .

In France
Quote:
The Minister of Justice is also the head of public prosecution, though this is controversial since it is seen to represent a conflict of interest in cases such as political corruption against politicians.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:51 am
@Olivier5,
I think that's similar in most countries, at least in all which have "Roman Law".
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:52 am
@Ionus,
I haven't seen the ad. Have you? Do you know what it says? No, never. But that does not prevent you from bitching about it. That is why you are a liar.

But my question was in fact about the Economist staff. What does their publishing of this ad says about the British people, ya think? Certainly, if this supposed add says something about the French people, it also says something about the British people, right?

Not to the racists, I guess.
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:54 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The two careers are completely distinct. I never heard of a policeman becoming judge in a second life, or vice versa.
Yes, but you never heard of a corrupt or cowardly frenchman .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:57 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The soldier who revolted against their officer in 1917 were heros, rebelling against criminally incompetent officers.
Until their own lives were endangered by decimation . Then they could see the need to fight but only a little bit . All nations in WW1 had incompetent officers, only the French mutinied .

Orifice5fingers owes me an apology .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:01 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You might have missed the point...
If I remember correctly, both Olivier and I have kindly noted that the French (and German, Italian, Dutch, Belgian, Austrian etc etc) legal system isn't "common law".

For instance, the police has not the prosecution. I'm not sure about France, but I think that the procureur de la République is the only one doing the prosecution, like here in Germany.

Like in France, here in Germany (and in dozens of other countries) the minister of justice does what the name says.
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:05 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I haven't seen the ad. Have you? Do you know what it says? No, never.
Hang on, does it exist or not ? Can you make up your mind ? There will be a library with it in somewhere .
Quote:
But my question was in fact about the Economist staff. What does their publishing of this ad says about the British people, ya think? Certainly, if this supposed add says something about the French people, it also says something about the British people, right?
The whole thing was ill advised, but if someone wants to take out a full page ad, I've no doubt much handwringing went into what should be done . Are you equating the publishers of a small magazine with the top management of Aerospatiale ? The ad was very insensitive and blame can be distributed...lets start with who's idea it was...
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
If I remember correctly, both Olivier and I have kindly noted that the French (and German, Italian, Dutch, Belgian, Austrian etc etc) legal system isn't "common law".
Kindly noted ? That may apply to you on most occasions but not your cohort..quite the opposite .

Quote:
Like in France, here in Germany (and in dozens of other countries) the minister of justice does what the name says.
That is not very helpful . Different countries have different responsibilities for Minister for Justice .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:16 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
That is not very helpful . Different countries have different responsibilities for Minister for Justice .
Indeed, that's what I meant, different in the different legal systems (only few countries have common law).
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
So you are saying that Civil and Common Law countries must by their nature have different responsibilities for the Minister for Justice ? How so ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:31 am
@Ionus,
I haven't said that they must have different responsibilities for the Minister of Justice.

Besides that, there are certainly somewhere online courses about the basics in public law, law, and political sciences.
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I did one at Uni a long time ago but it was country specific and not very generic .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:36 am
@Ionus,
You haven't seen the ad, you don't even know for sure it was published, but still you think the Brits were insensitive to publish it?

I think you are insensitive to reason and facts. Haters generally are.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.44 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:10:14