Abdandoning adult family members....

Eva

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:12 pm
You can't choose your family, but you don't have to keep them in your life. Toxic people. Keep your distance.
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:17 am
Ian ~ You'll be ok. Your kids will be ok too, and that's what matters.
The past is done and we can't change it. It's just old baggage that we need to lock up and put away.
Listen to me, huh...giving advice from the middle of a hurricane.
Wink
Kath
0 Replies

lisabee115

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:50 am
Smile Hi Kathi!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 01:16 pm

Hi Kathi! Cool

Hi Lisa! Cool

Hi Ian! Cool
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:15 am
Yep and sometimes you have to write off those that you WISH would someday be a family member.

doglover...I've broken up with para for good. The constant ups and downs in that relationship drove me crazy. I feel very calm now. So I must have done the right thing.

Ian, thanks for being there for me thru this. love ya.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 10:26 am
Youre welcome Kathi.
0 Replies

lisabee115

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 11:55 am
I'm glad to hear you've calmed down, Kathi...
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:33 pm
Lisa, I'm not only NOT going back to SS, I'm not even going to read it ever again.
It's become way too juvenile and a complete waste of time.
I may post here from time to time, but I'm staying AFK from now on, 'cept to check my emails (and delete the spam, lol)
or to IM with my friends...the ones that know where I moved the bodies to Wink
0 Replies

lisabee115

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:09 pm
I can't say that I blame you, Kathi... I hope everything works out for you... Feel free to email me and keep in touch.
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:17 pm
lisabee115 wrote:
I can't say that I blame you, Kathi... I hope everything works out for you... Feel free to email me and keep in touch.
no thank you
0 Replies

lisabee115

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
alrighty then, no harm done
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:24 pm
Kathi wrote:
Yep and sometimes you have to write off those that you WISH would someday be a family member.

doglover...I've broken up with para for good. The constant ups and downs in that relationship drove me crazy. I feel very calm now. So I must have done the right thing.

Oh Kathi...I just saw your post. You were in a tough situation for sure. If you feel calm, I agree, you made the right decision...difficult as it must have been.

If you need anything or if there's anything I can do, give me a shout.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:02 pm
Calm is good. Cool
0 Replies

Kathi

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 01:42 am
Eva wrote:
Calm is good. Cool
Eva ~ calm is good. My blood pressure is even back to where it used to be. lol

I'm sorry to have hijacked Ian's thread...he's shared alot of personal information on here, has a lot of his own bs to deal with and yet he's still been there as my sounding board, letting me vent when the pressure got to me.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 04:15 pm
im always an open ear for anyone. i may not have your answer and some of you aren't lookin for an answer but im always more than willing to listen. Smile
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 02:44 pm
UPDATE here....

Apparently my uncle went to talk with my mom...she's in pretty bad health, lots of kidney stones and had a hysterrectomy recently.

She is still with my stepfather, both of them work for a chruch and convention center in a small town near where they used to live.

I told him it was good that he visited but at this time i still do not have any desire to communicate to them in any way shape or form.

------------

Im sorry that she's such awful health but it doesn't change all the damage that has been or still could be done.
0 Replies

MrGadget

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:57 pm
Hello Kathi
Hello Ian
Hello doglover

So this is where everyone is hiding?
0 Replies

mcguffin

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:00 pm
best day of my life
"Yep and sometimes you have to write off those that you WISH would someday be a family member.

doglover...I've broken up with para for good. The constant ups and downs in that relationship drove me crazy. I feel very calm now. So I must have done the right thing."

PRICELESS......
0 Replies

PreacherMan

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:30 pm
I'm here to tell ya you gotta honor your spouse and love your neighbor as ya would yurself

breakin up is hard to do, tho . . .
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:25 pm
MrGadget wrote:
Hello Kathi
Hello Ian
Hello doglover

So this is where everyone is hiding?

Hi MrG! Cool
0 Replies