Older men.. What do they trully think?

Eva

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:05 am
BoGoWo wrote:
...and usually an age equivalent match is too demanding on a man's resources.

WIMPS!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:27 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Is that your new personal ad Cav? Them guys were WAY too religious and stuffy for what superjuly has in mind. And I'm gonna go ahead and assume stamina might be an issue too.

(better stick with my suggestion)

I'm okay now, Bill, the demons are fleeing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:58 am
Hmmm - if I had ever tried to uncritically adore any of me fellas, I think they would have chundered. Whether older or my age.

Mebbe I just never met any would-be adorees.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:32 am
superjuly wrote:
msolga wrote:
... and maybe a little light diversion from family & his midlife crisis?

I'm not trying to break any homes out there... I'm pretty sure a guy in his 40's will not be as immature as a 23yr old (not me, my "bf")..

I'm not sure what it is that I want... Some attention I guess.. Laughing

Actually, superjuly, a 23 year old & a 40 year old in the full throes of MLC can be quite similar ..... :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:29 am
Interesting. When I was your age, I dated an older guy (he was in his mid-30s). For him (he had just gone through a nasty divorce, no kids involved, fortunately), it was about getting a fresh start. He also wanted someone to spoil. I was sick of the immature idiots from school so when he'd take me out, etc., I enjoyed the attention. I dated him for about 4 months or so.

But we never met any of his friends. We never met any of his family (they lived about 40 minutes away). We never did anything with his peer group. I saw his office exactly once. I don't know if he was ashamed of me, but I think he was a bit embarrassed at how he was behaving.

When we broke up, he married the first woman he dated. I'm pretty sure she was a lot closer in age to him. They are still together, so far as I know. This all happened about 18 or so years ago.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:44 pm
My previous relationship was with a guy older than me, and parts of it were really, really good. for example, If he's a lot older, he doesn't have much stamina, so he spends a lot more time on other things. Smile
Then there's the generational thing. My ex and I used to kick ass at Trivial Pursuit partly due to being from different generations. He knew all the military and history and all the sports and a lot of the entertainment stuff, and I knew the history and literature and whatever else there was in that game. We were a formidable force that our team mates still talk about with actual awe.
Another thing that was both good and bad was that he had a lot of stories!
A bad thing was that he actually was a bit too adoring. Almost smotheringly so. I don't need a lot of attention and it sometimes drove me mad.
Other downsides: his taste in music. Ugh!
His love of old black and white movies, constantly.
Also, believe it or not, he drove too slow!
In my opinion, if you want real maturity, start with a 26 year old. Good age for guys, I always thought! Wink
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:28 pm
What does a 40-something single guy want from a 23 year old woman? Well, being one of those 40-something single males I'd have to say "Your mothers phone number." Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:43 pm
Nice, fishin' Laughing
0 Replies

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:46 pm
You must be the exception to the rule, Fishin!
Or maybe just sensible...
No insult intended, but could you imagine a relationship with someone that young? I can't.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
The biggest difference in age between myself and any woman I've ever dated has been 7 years. Most have been within 2. I have no idea how that compares to other men in general but I've just never had any urge to seek anyone that is either much younger or much older than myself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:16 pm
It could make you feel very wise, mature & successful, fishin'! :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:52 pm
What do older men really think? We think younger girls love us for our pot bellies and receding hairlines, what else.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:56 pm
If you've got the personality, then the physical imperfections fade out real fast, in my opinion.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 08:25 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
40 is too old for 23. 36 is where you want to start. By 36 a man has learned all the really important stuff and still has the stamina to perform. If possible, try to find a man who recently quit smoking... trust me. Oh, and be warned; he's liable to ring your bell 10 times in a single outing, possibly ruining sex with all other for all eternity. Proceed with caution!

I'll definitely take this one in consideration... LOL
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 10:40 pm
superjuly wrote:
I'll definitely take this one in consideration... LOL
You are wise beyond your years. :wink:
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:17 am
You can fool some of the people some of the time....
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Oh, and be warned; he's liable to ring your bell 10 times in a single outing....

Ha! I think this is false advertising. The truth is more like this: If an older man gets a young woman, he's likely to ring his own bell in 10 seconds or less.

Just my 2 cents (but it's quite valuable, nonetheless).
0 Replies

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:49 am
hahaha! Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:36 am
I think that superjuly could find true love with an older man. Just learn to make porridge, and brush up on pre-nup contracts. To paraphrase American Express, "Don't leave home without it."
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:55 am
Re: You can fool some of the people some of the time....
Debra_Law wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Oh, and be warned; he's liable to ring your bell 10 times in a single outing....

Ha! I think this is false advertising. The truth is more like this: If an older man gets a young woman, he's likely to ring his own bell in 10 seconds or less.

Just my 2 cents (but it's quite valuable, nonetheless).

but then 'practice makes perfect"; and the practicing can be oh, so enjoyable!
0 Replies