Older men.. What do they trully think?

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 08:34 pm
This is for the guys that enjoy having fun with younger women and for those who can relate.

I'm a 23 female that is getting out of an unhealthy relationship that lasted for 3 and half years. My "bf" and I are living together for the time being, until I move overseas in a few months. We still interact like bf and gf and have sex (not frequently, though), but we both were expecting this relationship to end.

Now that I'll be going away in a few months, I want to experience dating older guys, just for the fun of it. Are older guys into this kind of thing? I mean.. I'm not too sexually experienced and for sure didn't get much out of this relationship either. So, I guess I'm trying to get a guy that will "teach" me new things.

What is the better way to approach a guy in that circumstance? I've met a couple of them, but neither worked out. Should I be honest right off the bat? What are guys usually looking for in younger women?

Thanks! :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,329 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:12 pm
Depends. How old is "older"? Are we talking 35, 45, 55, 65...?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:17 pm
Me = 23
He = Early 40's
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:18 pm
I doubt you'll have any problem attracting an "older" man, superjuly. But I'm wondering what you hope to get out of it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:27 pm
So...your question is...what's a guy in his early 40s looking for in a girl of 23?

That's easy. Uncomplicated sex and adoration.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:30 pm
... and maybe a little light diversion from family & his midlife crisis?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:07 pm
msolga wrote:
... and maybe a little light diversion from family & his midlife crisis?

I'm not trying to break any homes out there... I'm pretty sure a guy in his 40's will not be as immature as a 23yr old (not me, my "bf")..

I'm not sure what it is that I want... Some attention I guess.. Laughing
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:09 pm
Eva wrote:

Could you elaborate? Thanks.
0 Replies

malinda

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:12 pm
I know this ? was for the gentelmen out there, but from my dating experience--Older men are more mature,interesting,and easier to get along with.Also, they do seem more attentive and positive. Younger guys are fun too!!! I just haven't run across my soul-mate yet and until I do--if he is hot;he is hot!!!!!!Older or not!!! I would experience the chance at the older relationship once, or you will never know!!!!You might like it!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:33 pm
Eva wrote:
So...your question is...what's a guy in his early 40s looking for in a girl of 23?

Hmmm - is this what we also think an older woman is looking for in a younger man?

I think this is a little too glib and such.

I discover, to my surprise, that many younger men are looking for experiences with older women.

I confess I have dabbled, a little.

I doubt that much sex is so very uncomplicated - and if I were to find mindless adoration, I would run!!!!!

Even if a man were to seek such qualities, would he find them?

Do we consider young women to be so very prone to adoration? Surely a generalization. Young minds may be tough and very clever, you know.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:01 pm
You ask for elaboration?

Sit on my face...give me head, do me hard....then bring me a warm wet cloth because I'm sticky....bring a cold drink, the remote and a snack and don't talk too much.

that pretty much covers it.

I'm not speaking for myself of course, but those other pigs. I'm a care bear.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:09 pm
There is that, of course.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:10 pm
I'm toooooo old for this. LOL
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:13 pm
40 is too old for 23. 36 is where you want to start. By 36 a man has learned all the really important stuff and still has the stamina to perform. If possible, try to find a man who recently quit smoking... trust me. Oh, and be warned; he's liable to ring your bell 10 times in a single outing, possibly ruining sex with all other for all eternity. Proceed with caution!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:22 pm
Is that your new personal ad Bill?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:25 pm
Oh, sh*t. I had a nice, long reply all typed in, then my server went down.

To answer you, deb...I don't think women look for the same things in relationships as men. Mindless adoration? No. Uncomplicated sex? Well, maybe. Um...and about those young men looking for older women...if you have any left lying around, send a couple over here, willya? Wink

Yes, I think young women are more likely to look up to men. I know I was. They are also more likely to fall for their bullsh*t. superjuly will have to sort through the losers who can't handle relationships with equals, who want someone to control or influence, who retain adolescent body image preferences, and those married s.o.b.s who are looking for a little extracurricular activity. (But msolga has already covered that.) Perhaps she will get lucky and find an exception.

Of course I can understand why she'd be attracted. Older men (and women) are generally more confident, more comfortable with themselves, more interesting, and more experienced at pleasing the opposite sex. I don't blame her for wanting someone like that. The $64,000 question is...and I am assuming that superjuly is an attractive, intelligent young woman...why wouldn't the man be looking for those same traits in a woman?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:32 pm
What about a thousand year old Templar Knight who is actually quite lucid when he remembers to take his meds?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:35 pm
Hmmm...I guess that would depend on the size of his bank account. Wink
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:57 pm
come into my parlour said the (old male) spider to the (23yr old) fly;

oops sorry, now where was i?
oh yes, age is the last bastion of prejudice in relationships; inmost cases an age spread of say 10yrs. is an optimum max, but there can be exceptions; some relationships with larger age differences are successful. Most women are happier with older men because men are considerably slower to mature 'emotionally' and usually an age equivalent match is too demanding on a man's resources.
Having said that, my actual opinion is that all factors - age, colour, size (er, height! Embarrassed ), intelligence, etc., etc. - should be ignored until a couple have had a chance to assess the possibilities; then the details can be looked at, in a more 'dispassionate' way, to see if some potential impediments are insurmountable.
Don't judge a book by it's cover (or the number of cracks in the spine!).
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:03 am
Is that your new personal ad Cav? Them guys were WAY too religious and stuffy for what superjuly has in mind. And I'm gonna go ahead and assume stamina might be an issue too.

(better stick with my suggestion)
0 Replies