I am - in a word - TIRED. Do you EVER feel this??

onyxelle

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:12 pm
Soz - when your daughter grows up, you sending her to my moms also? lol
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:15 pm
Hee hee! Uh, that's not quite what I had in mind, but what the heck! We'll have a little A2K wimmen retreat, and your mom can be the guest of honor.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:25 pm
Oh yes, from time to time I DO take a vacation from my life. Not only do I get tired of the neverending wife&mommy demands, but I work from a home office which means that I can't get away from work unless I leave town. At least my husband gets to come home every night and get away from his work. Sometimes I don't feel so much that I "work from home" as that I live at my office.

I go visit friends out of town for several days at a stretch. NOT the ones with kids or husbands. I have a close friend in Kansas City (he's gay) that fills the bill nicely. Or a never-married girlfriend a couple of hours away. Or friends in Nashville whose kids are grown & gone. I don't have a mom to take care of my son while I'm away, but my husband can handle it...he's a very good, involved father.

I will tell you...he was very upset the first time I did this. (Mostly because I didn't ask him, I just announced I was going...I was THAT desperate!... and also because I didn't want him to go with me.) I reminded him that he leaves on business trips alone several times a year, so he owes me. He still wasn't convinced, but I went anyway. Once he saw that I returned relaxed & much more serene, he decided not to object anymore.

At one point I did this a couple of times a year. Now it's maybe once a year or even less. The important thing is to not wait until I'm completely frazzled before I go.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:27 pm
I just hung up from talking with my ex and am schniffing, yes it is quite a while later. We talked, among other matters, about how Frank Gehry is building his own house on the lot where the crows reigned...

When my ex and I were together is when FOGehry got his start and neer mind him, we were busy too. But I am not doing all so well now and it sort of zings at my head that FOG would build four, ok, a couple of hundred, feet from my house and the place would kaboom in interest and value.
Me who with a friend photographed these neighborhoods.., if not this exact one.

Well, backing up, that neighborhood has history, and maybe FoG will connect to it, at least I hope so. As a minor example, the old Lennon house is at the end of the block. My ex and I were close to buying what would have been the house next door to his lot , quite seriously, but not lately.

So? So layers of lives live on the land, among them me, but before us, other layers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:29 pm
Excuse me all, I see I have gone off on my own.

Will quiet down now.

Go, Onyx.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:53 pm
Back, sane again I think, and, eva, that makes good sense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 12:00 am
Anyway, I understand tired. Please excuse my tangent of a minute ago, back again to listening.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 12:04 am
Also, as a by the way, Onyx, we are glad to hear you talk more. You might relax about it.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:20 am
Well, my cyber sisters, today is the day of

S A B A T I C A L

I have called in to my job that I would not be there. I didn't lie, I simply said I was not feeling to good so I would not be in.

I have dropped the onyxlets at the daycare (and made arrangements for them after they leave there. I am vegging out while Mr. Onyx is asleep and when he wakes up - I'm outta here. I have no idea where I'm going - but I'm going anyway. Hey, if you don't know where you're going - it doesn't matter when you get there, right?!?!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:27 am
Good for you. Have a great runaway day!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 08:43 am
>cheering<

Dont make ANY plans.. that is what you are leaving for the day right? Leave behind the plans, scheduels , demands, constant hurry .. etc. Have fun , be silly and dont tell anyone. Your little secret is safe here. ;-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:34 pm
Onyxelle--

Enjoy. You've earned a day without strictures.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:56 pm
And when you get home, tell us all about your day.
Some of us want to live vicariously through you.... Shocked

HAhahahahhaha Laughing

Have fun!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 05:04 pm
Read your post...nodded my head...related to parts of it, like the feeling of being overburdened and in particular, the supportive mom (hugs to mom).

Hope the time off today did you the world of good.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 05:14 pm
Quote:
Anyway, I understand tired. Please excuse my tangent of a minute ago, back again to listening.

Osso, I read all of your posts and found them...moving.

I felt them.

I'd make you a cup of tea if I could.

(It would please me if that seems mom-like)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:31 pm
Smile, nod to Joe Blow. I have this little tendency to riff...

Onyx, we hope you had a nice day.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 08:46 am
Good for you!!! Have a great day.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:54 pm
I had a wonderful day

I had a pic-a-nic in the park (allll alone)
I got to read some books & just stare into they sky.
I stopped and bought myself a high-piled ice cream cone (cookies and cream to try something new. That doesn't work well as an ice cream cone though - too much cookie not enough cream).
I stopped by another park and got on the swings.

Then on to home. It was a wonderful day of release & a great quickie vacation from life.

I am going to plan another day of 'no planning no nothing' in the future - myself and a girl from work who's conditions are pretty much the same. Just us two though - I don't want it to get out of hand :-).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:43 pm
Onyxelle--

Congratulations! You've got a husband, two adorable daughters, two or three full time jobs and I'm betting that today you're on top of all situations.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 03:51 pm
Well done, Onyx!!!!

Yeah - the tired thing - sometimes it would just be nice if you didn't have to look after yourself, for a while, eh?

Now work! man, that's unfair! If you're lucky you have a job. Great! But it just goes on and on and on and on - whoodathunk you'd have to work so LONG!!! And, now, it appears the plan is we work into our seventies and so on...hmmmmm - well, ok - but - I'm TIRED!!!!! Can someone make some jobs that are easier and not so demanding? And - we are all doing way more work than we used to have to, right? Less folk doing the same jobs? Or, in my area, the same number of folk servicing a deeply troubled population that has doubled....

I mean, I think, ok, I am OLD - no wonder I am tired - but there are fresh, bright young things where I work, only been there for a year or so, and it's BROKEN them! They look exhausted and grey - and get bitter and cynical...and extremely stressed.

LOl - oh well, I guess me mummy isn't gonna come and tell me I can have a day off school - so I'd better get ready for work - moaning over.

Damn lucky to have a good job - lol - I'd just like LESS of it!
0 Replies