It's Not Just Me!

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
@georgeob1,
I'm sorry, has it run in your family for generations?
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:02 pm
One of the reasons Ted Cruz announced his candidacy at Liberty University where students are required to attend or be fined $10 for failure to turn up is because it would have been difficult to get a credible number of people to attend his speech. Ted Cruz lacks charisma, has an image problem that repels as opposed to attracting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:09 pm
Of course Reid was not at all concerned with the fact that these bills were designed variously to keep Obama from doing his job and to destroy further the safety net.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
or someplace where people are shooting at you?

Oh you bet your sweet ass!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 05:54 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Hyperbole and exaggeration are not made any less deceptive by the intense motivation of their author.

Evidently we agree that Cruz is not acceptable to most Republicans.

Barack Obama did indeed get a great deal out of the political climate of 2008, and, as we have since seen, the country is much worse off as a result. Perhaps the difference is that Republicans are less credulous than Demnocrats and have better bullshit detectors.

There has not been a regular Legislative order budget for our government since Barack Obama took office.That was not the work of Republicans, despite all the rhetoric advancing that fiction. As Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid blocked votes on most legislation, apparently to protect Democrat Senators from having to make risky political choices. Now that this protection is gone, the President simply vetoes everything he opposes. It is only a sympathetic media that has allowed the fiction of exclusively Republican intransigence to get the mileage it did.

That the Republican Majority in the House (and now the Senate) opposed the President's policies is hardly new or original: Democrat controlled Congresses have behaved similarly under Republican Presidents. The chief difference now is the near absolute unwillingness of the Administration to either work with or listen to or in any way accomodate its political opposition. This has been unique in our recent history to the current Administration.

Obama has been remarkably successful in conmtrolling the terms of the politicasl discorse and changing the meaning of words to suit his cause. Formely recognized far left wing policies are now called moderate and simply adhering to the Constitution is called right wing extremism.

I don't imagine this will persuade you of anything, but who knows, just reading it might do you some good.

Put that down...and step away from the Kool-Aid, Sir!
georgeob1

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 07:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank is projecting his own mental state on those who think for themselves and disagree with him.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 08:15 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Frank is projecting his own mental state on those who think for themselves and disagree with him.

No, George, I am not.

My reply to you was a bit schmarmy, so I will apologize for that. But the essence of what I was trying to say was transmitted.

In my opinion, Barack Obama has been as decent a president** as people like Ronald Reagan or either of the George Bush's...and he has had to work in a political environment much, much more more toxic than any of those three. But those guys, in varying degrees, are the darlings of folk like you.

Whatever. The divide between American conservatism and sanity has never been wider than right now...so it is a chasm that impacts on everything we say and do.

Insofar as I can, I dedicate myself to seeing that the far right gets as little more power as possible. It may be a futile effort, but it is one my personal integrity requires.

I only hope the far right wakes up before the damage they are causing becomes irreversible.

** Actually, I think Obama has been a better president than any of those three!
giujohn

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 04:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In my opinion, Barack Obama has been as decent a president** as people like Ronald Reagan or either of the George Bush's...and he has had to work in a political environment much, much more more toxic than any of those three.

More toxic than for W? Are you insane or are you just rewriting history again?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 04:08 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
In my opinion, Barack Obama has been as decent a president** as people like Ronald Reagan or either of the George Bush's...and he has had to work in a political environment much, much more more toxic than any of those three.

More toxic than for W? Are you insane or are you just rewriting history again?

Yeah...WAY more toxic than what W faced. Even more toxic than Clinton did.

He's doing a fine job...all things considered.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 02:08 pm
All you people disregarding the conservative nuts seem to have forgotten Ronny Raygun.
jcboy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:46 pm
http://oi62.tinypic.com/4tr091.jpg
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:54 pm
Hey look, it's the guy who thinks his forum buddies can beat up our forum members.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 10:38 am
@glitterbag,
If they come to my house they better be wearing catchers masks cause my wife has baseball bats scattered all over the house.
korkamann

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 05:09 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

If they come to my house they better be wearing catchers masks cause my wife has baseball bats scattered all over the house.

Very Happy So, looky here, Rabel's wife is the defender of the Home. My, I had always presumed it was you! You speak out so boldly, --- so courageously --- one always thought it would be you!Very Happy Very Happy
RABEL222

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:38 pm
@korkamann,
When my wife is around I keep my mouth shut. Why do you think I am so bold here?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

When my wife is around I keep my mouth shut. Why do you think I am so bold here?

Really, this is predictable. Which is why you have such a problem with guys like me, those who know how to deal with their women.

Listen and learn son.
korkamann

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:00 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Ah, Rabel. I'm soooo very sorry.Sad It's terrible to see you in such misery. Does your wife beat you often? More than once a week? Did you try being more assertive and were left bruised and helpless? Did you try calling the police and pleading with them to talk to your wife? Poor little Internet friend. You can get help for domestic problems you know. Most men are afraid to let the public know their wives beat the hell out of them. Embarrassed Let us know what we can do to make life more bearable at home. I'm curious, Rabel. Do you have to do the cooking, and cleaning too?

Chin up, my dear friend. Trouble don't last always.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
I recgonize you asshole. Your one of the guys I drink coffee with in the mornings. I remember you bragging about how you rule the roost at your house and than your wife came into the shop and nothing but total silence from you. I noticed you broke into a sweat worring wether one of the guys would ask her if you wore the pants in your family, but after watching you sweat I just let it go.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:45 pm
@korkamann,
She only makes me cook two meals a day. She lets me take her out for the third meal. Oh woe is me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad