It's Not Just Me!

roger

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 02:33 pm
@glitterbag,
No, no. I thought we were talking about:

edgarblythe wrote:

Yeah, but you got Jeb, Scott, and about ten more.

No, Cruz just isn't there.
0 Replies

clymid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It would serve people right if he got elected

That what they said about Obama, and they were right.
0 Replies

clymid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It should sicken anyone with a brain.

Kind of the same way backing a corrupt politician like Hillary does?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:29 pm
@clymid,
The extreme right wing of American conservatism is one of the most disgusting diseases ever to infect any political system. It is the pond scum of political philosophy.

That is what I mean.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Could that be a bit of hyperbole?

Are you preparing yourself for the next election?

I agree that Ted Cruz is a disagreeable character - full of elevated rhetoric, inexperienced, and with an evidently high opinion of himself. Reminds me of a then new Senator from Chicago Illinois a few years ago.

Happily there are other, better and more likely choices for Republicans .
giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think he a megalomaniacal opportunist.

You're describing a your president who thumbs his nose at the U.S. Constitution...or Al Sharpton. They're interchangeable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The extreme right wing of American conservatism is one of the most disgusting diseases ever to infect any political system. It is the pond scum of political philosophy.

But a liberal who will not call out enemies of the United States and who believes a rouge state should have a nuke in an effort to establish a MAD status quo, is a progressive thinker, huh? Lets see you defend the progressives when the middle east goes up in smoke.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:25 am
@georgeob1,
At one time I might have considered it "a bit of hyperbole", George...but at the moment I am filled with loathing for the American far right.

I hope the Republicans do find a better choice than Cruz...and I am almost certain they will.

I doubt anyone could have gotten a lot more out of the political climate in which he was working...than Barack Obama did.

I know you think differently, but I am of the opinion that the major impediment to both parties working together...IS the far right. (The far left sucks, I will grant you that, but not nearly as much as the far right!)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:29 am
@giujohn,
The middle east may go up in smoke, as you put it, John. If that happens, people like you may think the major contributor to that happening is Barack Obama. I think you people are so far off base, you are not even in the ball park.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 09:27 am
I hope the Republican candidate will be several cuts above Romney. Not that I would consider voting for him. But on the off chance he wins, I fear most of those characters might bring the entire structure of government down. Or generate a new civil war.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 09:54 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

But a liberal who will not call out enemies of the United States and who believes a rouge state should have a nuke in an effort to establish a MAD status quo, is a progressive thinker, huh? Lets see you defend the progressives when the middle east goes up in smoke.

Since our military is all volunteer, and it sounds like you're itching to go to war with the entire Middle East, let's bring back the draft so the sacrifice is shared equally by the American people. Let's also start rationing, so our troops have what they need plus remind the American people that we are actually at war and don't have boundless bottomless resources. Let's prosecute the war profiteers for the over billing (gouging the government) excesses, and pay fair market prices for the equipment and supplies our armed forces need. I realize that most of us can't smell the spilled blood and misery of our wounded and dead, all the more reason not to reward the greedy opportunists, cheerfully angling for government contracts to squeeze as much money as possible while making warfare a big fat goodie basket for them. And let's stop bitching about taxes, because this is the only war we have ever been in where the American people demand victory and expect their taxes to be low. Tea party folks love the wars but don't want to pay for them.

And if you can't tell the difference between Barack Obama and Al Sharpton, you have my best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever festering rasicist beliefs you cling to in order to think of yourself as an equal.
giujohn

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 06:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Since our military is all volunteer, and it sounds like you're itching to go to war with the entire Middle East, let's bring back the draft so the sacrifice is shared equally by the American people. Let's also start rationing, so our troops have what they need plus remind the American people that we are actually at war and don't have boundless bottomless resources. Let's prosecute the war profiteers for the over billing (gouging the government) excesses, and pay fair market prices for the equipment and supplies our armed forces need. I realize that most of us can't smell the spilled blood and misery of our wounded and dead, all the more reason not to reward the greedy opportunists, cheerfully angling for government contracts to squeeze as much money as possible while making warfare a big fat goodie basket for them. And let's stop bitching about taxes, because this is the only war we have ever been in where the American people demand victory and expect their taxes to be low. Tea party folks love the wars but don't want to pay for them.

And if you can't tell the difference between Barack Obama and Al Sharpton, you have my best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever festering rasicist beliefs you cling to in order to think of yourself as an equal.

Hey, Im all for it darling...I think EVERYONE should serve 2 years whether there's a war or not. And as far as my taxes, I have no problem with that either...as long as it goes to kill our ememies, not to the freeloaders. If they want 3 hots and a cot they will get that in the Army.

So Im a racist because I compare two slimeball oportunists who happen to be black? Your understanding of racism is severely skewed by the likes of CNN and MSNBC. Let me guess, you're one of those white apologists, right? Well, I dont owe anyone an apology for ancient history. I could have just as easily included Chuckie Schummer and Cry Me a River, Diane Feinstein in the mix as well. I could give a rodents rump that they are black...it's bleedding heart liberal scum bags I have a problem with...the ones who will lead this nation to ruin, because like you, they apologise for America instead of defending it. Thats called giving aid and comfort to our enemies. And while I'm on that subject, I would add to your little rant above that the media should be put on a short leash and be subject to prosecution as they were in WWII and not "imbedded" with any troops.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 10:06 pm
@giujohn,
Really??? And here I am just thinking you're full of ****. Have you ever been in a war zone, or someplace where people are shooting at you? No? What a big ass surprise. You want to expose slime ball opportunists, but you just 'happen' to think of only two black people, oh for pity sake just stop, you sound stupid.

Maybe you are one of those people who never saw any ugly racist behaviour, or the whites only signs. Lucky dog, just because YOU don't think it happens doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But keeping talking, slime balls are interesting when they try to get on their high horse.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 07:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hyperbole and exaggeration are not made any less deceptive by the intense motivation of their author.

Evidently we agree that Cruz is not acceptable to most Republicans.

Barack Obama did indeed get a great deal out of the political climate of 2008, and, as we have since seen, the country is much worse off as a result. Perhaps the difference is that Republicans are less credulous than Demnocrats and have better bullshit detectors.

There has not been a regular Legislative order budget for our government since Barack Obama took office.That was not the work of Republicans, despite all the rhetoric advancing that fiction. As Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid blocked votes on most legislation, apparently to protect Democrat Senators from having to make risky political choices. Now that this protection is gone, the President simply vetoes everything he opposes. It is only a sympathetic media that has allowed the fiction of exclusively Republican intransigence to get the mileage it did.

That the Republican Majority in the House (and now the Senate) opposed the President's policies is hardly new or original: Democrat controlled Congresses have behaved similarly under Republican Presidents. The chief difference now is the near absolute unwillingness of the Administration to either work with or listen to or in any way accomodate its political opposition. This has been unique in our recent history to the current Administration.

Obama has been remarkably successful in conmtrolling the terms of the politicasl discorse and changing the meaning of words to suit his cause. Formely recognized far left wing policies are now called moderate and simply adhering to the Constitution is called right wing extremism.

I don't imagine this will persuade you of anything, but who knows, just reading it might do you some good.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 07:36 pm
@georgeob1,
Want to guess how many times Obama has used the veto power????
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 07:38 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

But the D's keep saying that we have had do nothing Congresses. So if COngress produces nothing can Obama veto?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ok, so of course you're going to bite, Obama has been in office for 6 years, he has signed 5 vetoes. And you're correct, Congress has done nothing but pass bills that only zealot teabaggers covet, the majority of our representatives are whores for big pharma, big oil, big money.
korkamann

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The reason I don't just laugh off Cruz is because he is wildly popular here. Just imagine how many people think the way he does.

The odds are not enough to send him to the White House. Yesterday I googled Ted Cruz's chances of becoming president and the first thing one runs into is how much this guy is hated, especially by his own party.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:44 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Ok, so of course you're going to bite, Obama has been in office for 6 years, he has signed 5 vetoes. And you're correct, Congress has done nothing but pass bills that only zealot teabaggers covet, the majority of our representatives are whores for big pharma, big oil, big money.

And the R's say that doing nothing is the right course to take. I dont know that they are wrong, till there are clear majorities for what Americans want Washington to do doing nothing has a lot of pull for being the correct approach if we are a democracy. When The Professor screams " CONGRESS DOES NOT DO ANYTHING AND THEY WILL NOT LET ME BE KING!" my response is "ok, what sir is the problem?"
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:59 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Evidently you can't read very well.
As I noted Harry Reid, during his term as Majority Leader of the Senate, refused to bring any bills pased by the House of Representative to the floor of the Senate for a vote, He did this expressly to protect Democrat Senators from the political consequences of voting. The result was that no legislation even moved to the President's desk for signature. Obama had no need for a veto - no legi8slation made it to him at all ! Vetos were unnecessary because the Democrat Senate blocked all legislation. (I wrote it twice in different ways in the hope that you might get it.) Now with the restoration of constituted democratic processes in the Senate legislation is being passed and Obama is using his veto pen assiduously.

There's no fixing stupid.