Republican or Democrat?

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 05:47 pm
That's an all inclusive statement -- you've interviewed every bigot?
If you read Mencken, you'll find out he carefully aims as bigots and hypocrites with deadly arrows. So if they are cheering, they are truly idiots.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:19 pm
au1929 wrote:
I am and have always been a registered Democrat. However, my vote goes to the candidate with whom I most closely identify. Be they Democrat or Republican.

I guess I'm sort of the flip side of you, au1929. I reserve the right to vote for a person and their ideas, background, philosophy and not blindly for a party. But my votes tend to go in the GOP column.

Sometimes, I think allegience to a party leads us to see everything through partisan eyes. Interesting to see most poll responders here are Other. That was my vote as well.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 08:20 am
Merry Andrew

Quote:
Don't know much about Mencken however I do know that every bigot believes what he says

As I said I know very little about Mencken and would not comment upon whether he was bigoted or not. However, I do believe unless they are playing to the crowd a bigot firmly believes what he says.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:00 am
Attention all:
Debate guidelines for the Politics Forum have now been put in place. Please read and abide by them.
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2594
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:30 pm
Aww, heck, Blatham. Just read those guidelines. Ya mean I can't call you a gory Tory any more?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:46 pm
Yeah, we can no longer express our "opinions" without something to support it! That'll stifle me for sure. ;( c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:49 pm
c.i., I wear suspenders. Don't want no accidents!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:12 pm
BillW, Does that mean your kidney's are controlled by your suspenders? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:30 pm
c.i. - Naw, you can throw out any opinion you want, so long as you don't fool people into thinking that the words were spoken by an expert.

As for me, who knows just about everything.......... Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 03:14 pm
Phoenix, And I've always thought I was alone in thinking I knew everything! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:09 pm
Last pollster was edger in 2002.

Republican
24% [ 11 ]
Democrat
33% [ 15 ]
other
42% [ 19 ]

Total Votes : 45

Then me today.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
Amigo, That other 42% shows our country is ready for an Independent Party. Both sides, the democrats and republicans, are hopeless for the future of our country. It's the only way we can recover some of our democracy and respect from our friends and foes.
0 Replies