Your drink says a lot...

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:52 pm
There's nothing I won't drink. Well, not quite true: I shared a bottle of something that tasted like moldy rye bread -- the label was in some eastern European alphabet I don't read -- with a guy one night, and that was pretty rough.

But I like...

7&7 (heavy on the 7, my granddad's drink)
Shot of tequila, any brand as good as or better than Sauza or Cuervo will do, with a Negra Modelo back... or Bud, depending on the mood and the bar.
Gin'n'tonic
Red wine
Just about any whiskey/whisky, favoring Irish or -- as I found out recently -- Thai.
Favorite beers (on their own) are hoppy pale ales and IPAs -- Sierra Nevada, Mac and Jack's...
Have had stretches where I drank lots of Guinness, or Jim Beam, or martinis (until I realized I was just leaving out the vermouth and drinking straight gin and jumped back to bourbon so I wouldn't look like an alcoholic).

I don't think it says much about me, though. I'll drink fruity drinks, too, so long as they make my lips numb and increase my risk of drowning in the hotel pool.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:53 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It means he has bad taste.

I like vodka mixed to make weak drinks to be guzzled. I do not like the taste of alcohol.

I think that means I have not yet aquired a taste for foul tasting beverages.

I met him in a liquor store while buying wines for a client. He started up the conversation, and for my own amusement, I went with it. Laughing Bad taste indeed, I agree.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:07 pm
I drink Bud, that's pretty much it.
What's that say about me, besides that I'm a cheap date? Smile
I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking. My party days are mostly behind me. no more Jamesons, no more sambuca, no more zombies.
Straight to the beer and the weed for me. I don't want to be like Drunk Girl on SNL!
0 Replies

imdtckdkr

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:12 pm
vodka and cranberry

Rolling Rock (what the heck is the 33 for)

Or mostly diet coke
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:19 pm
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
I drink Bud, that's pretty much it.
What's that say about me, besides that I'm a cheap date? Smile
I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking. My party days are mostly behind me. no more Jamesons, no more sambuca, no more zombies.
Straight to the beer and the weed for me. I don't want to be like Drunk Girl on SNL!

What is this "weed" of which you speak?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:20 pm
If it's the weed I'm thinking of, I may have found my soulmate.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
???
http://www.frontierco-op.com/images/dandelion.gif
0 Replies

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:28 pm
Patiodog, I hope you won't think less of me, but...
the wacky tobacky, as my father referred to it, is the weed of which I speak.
It goes well with Bud. Smile
I gave it up for many years, while my kids were around, but was re-introduced a couple years back.
It has many health benefits if you don't overindulge. As a matter of fact, my shampoo, soap and hand lotion are made of hemp. Such a nice smell...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:31 pm
I feel so lost, like such a sheltered pup. I hope that you won't think less of me.

Wink
0 Replies

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:33 pm
Of course not!
Are we different generations?
I'm around the pink hat age! Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:36 pm
Pink hat? Okay, now you really have lost me. What the hell's a pink hat?

I think they tried to call my generation "X" or something. I dunno. We aren't very fashionable and I used to play a lot of loud, bad music in dark garages with colored lights in the corners.
0 Replies

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
Well, I don't know if you're a man or a woman, but there's this club called the Red Hat Society for zany women. If you're 50 and over, you wear a red hat. If you're between 40-50, you have to wear pink!
with something purple.
I'm prob'ly too old for young kicky! Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:05 pm
I don't know, I've been with a couple women over 40, and the girl I see now is 40 years old, so maybe you aren't out of my range after all.

Hmmm...
0 Replies

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:17 pm
Out of my area, alas! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:21 pm
I like IPA, ale, porter, stout, red and white wine, gin, rum, and tequila. Hmmm.... did I forget anything? Oh yeah, occasionally, I like corona
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
My dad used to drink Manhattans. Now that is a manly drink.

My dad drank those too. At 78, he doesn't drink 'em anymore. He seems to have a thing for that rotgut Pikesville and Ginger Ale...

I drink Seven & Seven...Vodka and Cranberry Juice...Michelob...and a good quality Egg Nog & Jack Daniels during the Holidays.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:39 pm
I went through a phase in my mid-twenties when I drank Manhattans, straight up. Actually I'd order one and sip at it all night. They're positively vile and kept me from drinking more on nights when people were trying to buy me drinks. "thanks i've got one"

Almost any kind of nutty or honey type ale will grab my taste buds in the summer. My favourite summer drink is gin and wink, gin and wink, gin and wink. In the winter it's gin in a cup of hot tea. I play pool particularly well when I've had gin and tea. I think part of it is the shock value : "she's drinking a cup of tea in here?"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:39 pm
When I want to portray that truly rugged and tough image in a bar, I walk up, chest sticking out, sit down, pound my fist on the bar and bellow out:

BARTENDER! MILK! And put it in a dirty glass.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:56 pm
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
Out of my area, alas! Smile

Alas, indeed. I thought I'd finally found my dream girl. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm
ehBeth, what is wink? Is it some kind of soda thing?
0 Replies