mom smoke weed

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 09:10 am
Hey my name is lucas and just found out that my mom smokes marijuana. I found out because my room is above her room and it reaked in my room. I dont like it. Im in 8th grade. I know it was marijuana because in 6th grade my class went on a field trip to a prison and they showed us what pot smells like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 11,438 • Replies: 27
Topic Closed

chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 09:18 am
@Lucassnowboards,
You're going to find a lot of things you don't like in life. Like for instance realizing you're not the center of the universe. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's any of your business.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:20 pm
@Lucassnowboards,
In 2011, you wrote this:-

http://able2know.org/topic/172402-1#post-5898143

That would make you what, 19 now.
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No, he just posted that today. He's was searching for other topics about pot, and came up with that one.

Seems he didn't like the notion of minding his own business.

Yeah, call the cops. I'm sure they'll be right over and throw her in the slammer.

Then, they'll take you and put in in foster care.

What a troll.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:11 pm
@chai2,
Dang.............................

Imagine calling the cops on your parents for smoking what is "legal and becoming legal", in a lot of States and the people that are getting you through school, feeding you, buying your clothes, taking you to events cause ya can't drive...... etc

Perhaps he can just by air-freshener?
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You know, I was just thinking the same thing.

Let's assume for a moment this is for real (although I doubt it).

What are these kids going to do when pot becomes legal in the U.S.?

I'll tell you what will happen. All of a sudden, overnight, it will just be hunky dorey, just like if mom liked to drink 2 or 3 beers a week.

Same pot, same mom, different reaction. All of a sudden it's not evil and dangerous, because "they" said so.

You know, I can relate to this in the same way some people disown their own child for coming out as gay.

Their son or daughter is no different than they were the day before, even the hour before. They are exactly the same person.

I see it as the problem of the person/people who can't handle reality.

This "kid" here, he "doesn't like it". Tough.
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:27 pm
@chai2,
Yeah. Who's going to buy your food, pay the rent or mortgage where you live, keep the lights and the computer on by paying the electric bill? What'll happen when your cell phones turned off, all your underwear is dirty and the food in the refrigerator goes bad?
Do you have siblings or pets? They'll be in the same place. I'm sure relatives would love taking respnsibilty for you, and paying for everything you do.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:28 pm
@chai2,
Actually, if he came on and said " My Mother smokes too many cigarettes and I can smell it because my room is below her and I don't like it".

We'd ask... "What don't you like?"

In-other-words, care for your Mother's health, worried that she may die?

Or selfishly, just the smell "in her own house".

Yet, then we would question, should she smoke in her house, when there are others living there and potentially give them emphysema.

So, why are we not stating " actually, it's not cool to smoke in her house with you in it".

Edit... Note "selfishly"

Smile
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Because it's HER house.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:34 pm
@chai2,
I said note selfishly.

His beef appears to be based on smell. You are correct. It's her house.

Actually, Chai in the scenario of smoking in closed areas?

I take a different view.

Smell is one thing, but smoking in the same room as youngsters or cars, with closed doors, I do disagree with and feel that the parents have to be responsible and not smoke in a car if kids are in it, or go outside and smoke or confined to a room that is "not" part of the family.

In this case, therefore be it weed or cigarettes, it's in a closed room that belongs to her, in her house and so, agreed.

Lordyaswas

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:54 pm
One question.

Is it common for 6th Graders to go and visit a prison?

How old is a 6th Grader? 10? 11?
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
But it's not a car.

I agree with that though, that if there were a non smoker in a car, don't light up.

A couple of years ago, while on a road trip, we stopped by a friend of my husbands (I knew him too), with the intent of staying the night. I knew this guy was a smoker, knew he smoked a lot, but didn't realize how much.

He and his new wife (who has since died of guess what? Lung cancer) were both chain smokers. I mean CHAIN smokers. When we first got there we spent a few hours outside looking at the horses in his pasture. I realized inside was probably going to be an issue. We went in for a little bit, then out to dinner. There was both a smoking and a non smoking section in this restaurant. Of course they took the smoking.
These 2 were SO bad with their smoking, they even smoked while they were eating! When not sucking on the cigarettes, they would leave them burning in the ashtray on the table.
My husband and I had a prior agreement that if it was too bad, we would make excuses for not staying, saying we were going to continue to my sisters house a couple of hours away.
We left their house, and stayed in hotel about a mile away. We didn't like the smoke, WE left.

I hate smoking, but I have a real issue with kids believing they can bend others to their will, without thinking it through.

You know, I can remember my parents telling me when I was young, "When you're grown up and support yourself, you can do whatever you want, but not here."

Today, I'm expected in public to make concessions to children that (a) aren't mine (b) are complete strangers and (c) the parents seem to believe the world needs to accomodate their childrens whims and bad behavior.

In any event, I don't get that the OP has a problem with the smell. He already said in another thread he wonders if he should get her arrested.
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:04 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

One question.

Is it common for 6th Graders to go and visit a prison?

How old is a 6th Grader? 10? 11?

He said he's in 8th grade now, so 12 or 13.

Old enough I say to be taken to the workhouse to earn his keep.
I bet he won't like the smell there either.

chai (don't drop the soap) tea
Lordyaswas

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:07 pm
@chai2,
No, he said he went to the Prison in the 6th.

I call bs, personally. Someone just wants some attention or wants a reaction, imo.
chai2

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:20 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Oh God lordy, read this, I can't believe it....

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04/20/child-locked-hillside-school-field-trip-jail-okay-or-no-way

In kindergarden we went to the grocery store and they showed us where the produce was unloaded. We all got a cookie from the bakery.

I wonder what these kids got? A knife made from a sharpened spoon?
Lordyaswas

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:26 pm
@chai2,
That's why I was asking. I've been in many a prison in my time (professionally, I hasten to add) and there is no way that young schoolkids would be allowed anywhere near the place.
Ex Cons coming to the school to give a talk, maybe, but 10 and 11 year olds in a real life Prison? I shudder to think of all the things that could go seriously wrong.
Lucassnowboards

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:59 pm
thanks I see what you guys are saying
0 Replies

Lucassnowboards

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:02 pm
@Lordyaswas,
we didnt talk to inmates. police officers just warned us about marijuana and other drugs. then gave us pizza afterwards.
Lucassnowboards

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:05 pm
yes my 4 year old brother and 3 year old sister were smelling the smell.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:50 pm
@Lucassnowboards,
You seem to know Forums well, as in how to reply to a person, verses how to make a statement on your own by clicking your own name.

You've said "you" don't like the smell, yet you now point out your brother and sister could smell it as to the reason why you "want" to dob your Mother in to the cops, why because they warned "you" of dangers of getting into drugs as you grow up, yet your Parents are grown ups.

Grown ups make their own decisions don't they.

What have your parents stated about you visiting a jail to view people that are into drugs. They must have been aware that you went there.