Would you get into a terminal relationship?

bigboy

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:59 pm
Thanks ehbeth and everybody
0 Replies

malinda

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
i say move on...
it is your heart and your decision, but from my personal experience, i would move on. My first love lasted 5 beautiful years,but he died with cancer. That was 14 years ago and the pain of losing him is greater than any love i have ever found since then.i do not regret it but i wish the hurt would stop and let my heart rest awhile.I have had therapy and read books ,etc... but the loss of a lover is painful!!!!!!! how strong are you as a person?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:44 pm
If I were you I would definitely watch (or rewatch) the movie "A Walk to Remember."

Sadly, that's the best advice I have...

P.S.-I would go for it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:54 pm
I'd be happy to join in your cancer survivors' thread, too, Sam & Phoenix. Both my husband and I qualify.

Go for it, bigboy. Just because she's been given a diagnosis is no guarantee that her future is set in stone. Anything can happen. Shoot, she could outlive you. Don't pass up a chance for happiness.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 12:15 am
SCoates wrote:
If I were you I would definitely watch (or rewatch) the movie "A Walk to Remember."
Interesting, that. I second that suggestion.

One quick reality check; did you decide she was wonderful before you learned she was terminally ill or after? (you don't have to answer out loud)
Truly wonderful is tough to come by. Idea

Anyway you slice it that is a tough row to hoe. Before you commit, ask yourself if you are strong enough to be a positive force in her life, however long it lasts. You'd have a hard time forgiving yourself if you only made it half way. If you are that man, I'll be proud to know you. I wish you the very best of luck... and welcome to A2K!

Eh, you too Malinda... Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

bigboy

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:45 am
Yes,I thought she was wonderful before I knew of the cancer.I am strong enough to support her but in reply to malindas question,I dont know if I'm strong enough to lose her,I went thru a nasty divorce,wife left me for another man,It took about 2 years to even deal with it.This scares the hell out of me.I've been so lonely for 11 years and this lady has rocked my world,she lights up a room and sings,djs,etc very talented
0 Replies

imdtckdkr

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:03 am
I'd say go for it...I know that you've posted that you are going to give it a try, but I just wanted to commend you.

I think it will be such a rewarding experience. People that are living with the knowledge that each day might be their last are some of the most refreshing and wonderful people to be around. They aren't concerned with all the petty things that most of us get caught up in.

You will probably have some of the most wonderful times of your life. And the things that you will learn from her will carry you throughout the rest of your life. And as you said...she may well out live you. You never know what life has in store for us.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:37 am
Eva, Phoenix,

I started the "Cancer Survivors" thread in the "medical News & Health"

bigboy,

Best of luck with your decision. Remember, you are stronger than you know.

Sam
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:39 pm
I think calling it a terminal relationship is a bit inaccurate. I would call it "A relationship with a terminal party." Do you see the difference?
0 Replies

bigboy

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:30 pm
hey scoates,it took a minute,but i see what you are saying
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:25 pm
"Terminal relationship" reminds me of consenting adults in bus stations.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:16 pm
Noddy Surprised
0 Replies

malinda

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 09:32 pm
you are strong
I say go for it ! God never puts more on us than we can handle! You will be strong when you need to be and a better person from the whole experience of it all--life's trials make us stronger and builds character, which you seem to already have, being you weighed out the situation from the get go!!! GOOD LUCK! Smile
0 Replies