Is he leading me on?

oscar6

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 02:08 pm
I've known this guy for 3 years now, and I'm very confused on what his intentions are with me. He's bisexual and on the DL, but I feel that he's gay. He's more into guys rather than girls. He tells me he wants a relationship but doesn't really give me a chance, even though he looks for me all the time, and calls me everyday. He's already talked to another guy behind my back and dated him. I forgave him though and we moved on till this day. Everything was going very well but lately he's been somewhat distant with me. Is it because he's found someone new? or is he only with me whenever he's "alone"? Should I continue to talk to him? I've lost hope, help!

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 02:16 pm
@oscar6,
You say it's on the DL, so my understanding is that there's nothing public with this guy.

Hence there could be any number of other things going on, and not necessarily with just one other guy. Maybe there are several?

Either way, get yourself tested (a good practice anyway you slice it) and seriously consider getting some therapy. Figure out why you allowed him to walk all over you with another dating relationship and with not being public about his time with you.

You deserve someone who is proud to be out and seen with you, yes?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 02:54 pm
@oscar6,
Oscar, it sounds as if this guy is not sure about himself if you believe that he is either bisexual or gay and on the down low.

There is a possibility if he is not entering into a relationship with you but wants one, that you are his cover at least for himself as he's coming to terms with what he wants out of life.

I would become his "best" friend and let him know that you are aware that he needs to find himself and you can't be a part of anything sexual or emotional with him anymore but will be there as a friend.

If he is in a state of confusion of his sexuality, there can be nothing between you two, nor should you want there to be, as he can't give you 100%.

I also agree with Jespah it is possible he is experimenting his sexuality so please get tested and be safe.

There are plenty fish in the sea, take control of your life, don't allow others to control it, it's your life.
contrex

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 03:12 pm
What is "the DL"?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 03:22 pm
@contrex,
Down Low - wants to be seen as hetrosexual, as he's frightened that he may be gay, knows he's bi.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 05:51 pm
@oscar6,
oscar6 wrote:
He's already talked to another guy behind my back and dated him.

how did he date a man if he's on the dl ?
Eliusa

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 02:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
How is everyone knows that but a few people like me and the person who asked? Is there list of abbreviation translation?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 02:54 pm
@Eliusa,
You have an inquisitive mind.

I will look up something I don't know, before answering someone so hopefully, my answer helps.

It's called "learning" which we do all the time hey...
oscar6

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:23 pm
@jespah,
Yes, I agree. Thank you
I did so much for this person and I only get laughed at by him. thanks for the help
0 Replies

oscar6

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you, I now feel that maybe being his friend wouldn't work out either. Only because it'll be hard enough watching him see other people, and him telling me about it. I think I came to a conclusion of just ending it with him. He only makes me feel like crap at the end of the day
0 Replies

oscar6

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:29 pm
@ehBeth,
he told me that he was very open with this other guy, and would go out on dates, fool around IN PUBLIC, and even met his family and friends. it was a whole different story with me because he'd walk ahead of me in public, and wouldn't make any kind of eye contact with me. One time I ran into an old friend from high school and all he did was walk away. He's met my folks though but doesn't really say much besides a "hi"
0 Replies

oscar6

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Another thing that really bugs me is that he calls me through a private number, he won't give me his number AT ALL. The only way of contact I have with him is through an app called "Kik". But yet he gave his number to the guy he dated behind my back. I still think they keep in touch to this day
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
And where exactly would you look up something like that to answer with help?
0 Replies