Sex & Procreation with Minors

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:32 am
Sex with Minors - Gross!

I have not seen anything near a campaign like this one before. It makes me happy that an entire state is doing something to call attn to this. If only Florida....*sigh*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,882 • Replies: 27
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:37 am
A waste of money, and merely a cosmetic poster in an election year.

Why not put up one that says "Don't F*#k Babies"?

The people that do this kind of thing are not dissuaded by posters or anything else.

IMO
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:42 am
onyxelle - Yeah, but I question as to whether the message will get over to the people it wants to target. Do you really think that waggling a finger at a ephebophile will REALLY make any difference? Do you think that a man having sex with a 13-14 year old is psychologically normal, and can be talked out of these behaviors?

Quote:
"We encourage adult men to talk to their peers and discourage them from pursuing teenagers. What they are doing is unhealthy and against the law," said Robert Franklin, a health department official.

Personally, I think that the state of Virginia is using the campaign to placate outraged citizens, who don't want men having sex with their teenage daughters. These predators belong in the slammer.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:55 am
Hmmm. Shouldn't the billboard have said something about women who have sex with minors?

I love my home state, and my current one, but......and we all know the "but". Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:13 am
I once had sex with a 14 year old.
I was 15.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:16 am
Ah, fbaezer, You Latin lovers. Cool
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:40 am
The little gringa made me do it, I swear! Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:49 am
Of course, of course. These American chicks are all out to get you South of the border guys.

Which reminds me. I never have ascertained where the word gringo springs from.

Sorry, Onyx. Breaking the rules again. Embarrassed
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:52 am
I agree that it more than likely won't make a difference, but I like the message regardless. As for women having sex with minor boys, certainly they deserve the same message thrust at them.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:53 am
If a man has sex with a minor it's called rape...if a woman has sex with a minor it's called getting lucky....
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:04 am
onyxelle, et al,

Surprised Shocked Confused Ok, so I understand the statutory rape thing, but on a billboard? The (insert explicative of your choice) who bed little girls may not be able to read. If they can read, they don't care. While they may not be violent sexual predators, they are sexual predators none the less. Yech!
Locking them up keeps them away from their prey. That's good, but more keep on popping up. (Sorry Embarrassed) I have serious doubts that sexual predators can be "cured". Execution is effective in preventing that person from ever committing any crime ever again. I just don't believe that any murder, state sanctioned or not, is acceptable. Life sentences with no parole work, but do not "fix" the problem. Hmm, chastity belts might work for both male and female offenders. Naw, they still have the use of their brains and hands; that just might make it worse.
I guess it's just lock 'em up and pitch the key.

Sam
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:09 am
BPB,

Oh really? It's just that it is either less common for women to have sex with little boys or they don't get caught as frequently. The ones that do make the front page, rarity value.

Sam
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:16 am
Unfortunately, the charm of the 13 and 14 year olds lies in their docile unsophistication which is very flattering for an adult stud with a weak ego.

The billboards may mobilize public opinion to enforce the statuatory rape laws, but I doubt that they will change the behavior of either the little girls or the predatory men.

I'm very old fashioned, but it seems to me that there are situations that call for a horsewhip rather than a bill board.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:21 am
Oh Noddy,

I just didn't have the guts to say it. <hug>

Sam
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:31 pm
Sam--

Thanks for the kind words. One of the advantages of advanced age is being able to be sweetly unreasonable in public.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:54 am
Noddy,

I don't find you to be unreasonable, sweetly or otherwise.
I had mentally dredged up several formerly used punishments/deterrents to use on the miscreants being discussed in this thread. Pillory, Public flogging, even (ugh, shudder) turning them over to "the women", while the might work, they are on the barbaric side. No?

Sam
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:35 pm
Sam--

I've been thinking for years that bringing back the stocks and the pillory--properly supervised so only soft, squishy fruits and vegetables would be available for audience participation.

Perhaps we've gone too far in banishing "shame" from the American vocabulary.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:25 pm
Noddy,

Yes and no, how's that for ambiguity?
Yes, there are some things one should not do, basically using force, violence or the threat thereof, fraud or deception and the seduction of minors. Those are things to be ashamed of.
No, because there are people who would condemn, same sex relationships, nude sun bathing and masturbation as shameful and dirty.
The problem is with drawing the line. Go too far either way and you create more problems than you solve. There are factions out there that would outlaw contraception and put all unwed individuals in chastity belts until they married. Then there are others who have no constraints what so ever. I see both as unacceptable.

Sam
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:36 pm
Gringo comes from "Green grow the Lilacs", a song before your time, or even mine, Letty.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:43 pm
Sam--

I'm a woman with a village mentality--but the village is enlightened.
0 Replies