Regret having children?

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
Eva wrote:
You don't seem to be able to apologize without getting in another jab at me. You've done it three times now. The first time, you accused me of being uptight, "wearing my ovaries on my shoulder" (an extremely inflammatory remark for someone who wants to end an argument), and having a chip on my shoulder.

I thought I'd done so (apologize sans jabs perceived or otherwise) at least the last time. And now I suspect there's no length to which I could go that would be satisfactory to you.

And I'll go ahead and apologize for the ovaries thing, I was just quoting Stewey (the evil baby from Family Guy).

Quote:
The second time you apologized, you again accused me of having a chip on my shoulder. This time, you said it again, plus you accused me of being rude!!

Even after reflection I don't think I can retract this. I do, in fact, think you were rude and I think you are so very frequently with me. I think you frequently attempt intentional insult to me masked as humor and therefore thought the accusations about my character for unintentional hurt was unjustified.

That's why I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

I'm not sure whether you are saying I shouldn't voice that, if so I'll have to disagree. It would be one-sided if you can but I can't.

Quote:
I think it's best that we drop this entire subject now before either of us gets any more pissed off than we already are.

Okay?

Fair enough, though I'd have liked to be rid of the status quo.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
A-HA! It seems this disagreement has had more than one level.

I DO apologize for having been rude to you in the past. I have always meant it purely in fun...never seriously. (Much like your remark about liking to bait me on gender issues. ; You do, you know, but I don't take it seriously.)

I have praised you many times, and in that, I was ALWAYS serious.

This explains a lot. If you thought I was masking "intentional insults" in the past, I can easily see why you thought my remarks here were unjustified.

I'm sorry we've had such a hard time understanding each other. We'll have to work on that. I have a great deal of respect for you, and I would hate for further misunderstandings to happen.

BTW, I've never watched "Family Guy." It's probably not targeted to my demographic. So if there was an inside joke, I didn't get it. And maybe that's just as well.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:32 pm
Oh my god, will you two just get married and get it over with! It is so obvious that you are deeply in love with each other!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:45 pm
What does the future hold for Craven and Eva?

http://www.tv1.com.au/img/db/programs/mwc.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:52 pm
ROTFLMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks, guys! I really needed a good laugh!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:55 pm
And just in case anyone misunderstands...I was laughing at the thought that Craven and I are in love...NOT that the idea of being married to Craven is laughable.

I gotta be careful these days. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:37 pm
Eva wrote:

BTW, I've never watched "Family Guy." It's probably not targeted to my demographic. So if there was an inside joke, I didn't get it. And maybe that's just as well.

Matricidal baby, you might like it. All cartoon humor tends toward young and male but it's good stuff (and I don't own or watch TV).

Stewey (an evil baby genius with a British accent):

"Ahh the breakfast scene. It wasn't the yolks, I like yolks, I have no problem...

You might have noticed a little tension between Lois and I. It's not so much that I want to "kill" her so much as I don't want her to live anymore.

Sometimes I wonder if all women are this difficult and I think to myself wouldn't it be mavelous if I turn out to be homoseshual?"

Stewie quotes
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:46 pm
I love Stewie. His diabolical wonderfulness is wasted on the insipid Lois.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:48 pm
"Damn you, vile woman! You've impeded my work since the day I escaped from your wretched womb. When you least expect it your uppance will come!"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:49 pm
!! My avatar rotated (randomly) to a Stewie avatar for that post!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:54 pm
You can't keep a good baby down.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:57 pm
<rubs tummy>

Yes I can.
0 Replies

Glurk

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:10 pm
@tcis,
Well I can easily say without hesitation that having kids was the worst thing I ever did with my life. Apparently their mom thought so too because she left them with me and ran off to god-knows-where. Well, I tried my best to be a single father but I honestly felt nothing for these disgusting little creatures, so I put them up for adoption last week and now I feel like I have a second chance at life. All my problems have floated away and I feel fresh and new. Don't have kids, it's not worth it.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm
@Glurk,
Disgusting little creatures? Why the hell didn't you get a vasectomy then,
you moron?
mismi

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Agreed Jane. I think that is putting it mildly.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:36 pm

I am truely THRILLED that I have no children.
That fact brings me happiness.
No fights, no complaints, no demands, no threats, no bills;
I just have endless contentment, aplomb, euphoria, bliss & freedom.

I need not be concerned qua anyone getting admitted to college,
nor concerned qua financing such education, nor bailing anyone out of jail.

I know that no matter what else may go rong,
I can never fall victim to patricide,
nor is anyone financially motivated to accelerate my demise.

David
mismi

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If your children were financially motivated to accelerate your demise, David, I would pretty much say you had failed as a parent. Yes, it is good that you do not have children. Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 11:06 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

If your children were financially motivated to accelerate your demise, David,
I would pretty much say you had failed as a parent.
Yes, it is good that you do not have children. Smile
Maybe, but not necessarily; e.g., I saw on TV
of a family-wide murder (except for an accidentally surviving brother)
of a kid who lied about being away at college and who arranged
with a friend to kill his parents and brother when thay returned home
from a family celebratory meal at a restaurant.
Thay thawt thay were celebrating his forthcoming graduation,
but he had not been in college for quite a while, unbeknownst to his victims.
He wanted to inherit the estate; that was his strategy for prosperity.
He gave no indication of predatory intentions beforehand.

It was a good and competent ambush, except for the brother, who accidentally survived.

U never know.

David
roger

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:05 am
@CalamityJane,
They are, and I did!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Or you could get kids like this: real cuties who make you laugh most day and cry some days- but who would never kill you - hell, I have to kill the spiders in Olivia's room all the time because she's afraid of them and hates them but won't kill them. She probably sees a spider on the wall right off camera and that's what she's looking at with such fear Laughing http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/joejoeskindergartengraduation.jpg

I stuck a picture with me in it - so I could say hi to you David - welcome back from your trip- hope it was wonderful and glad to see you back safely.

But this brings up an interesting question I just had in fact, in your story there were two brothers, raised in the same home in the same way by the same people. But only one brother wanted to kill the family for the dough.
Why? Do you think it's something innate in these people? I almost hate to even suggest that, but that's what it seems like sometimes when you read the stories.
The reason I thought about it is that I was watching a movie about Ted Bundy last night and it really did a good job of laying the psychological groundwork in terms of his background, etc....but I just didn't see anything that out of the ordinary that would explain his later behavior. And then I started wondering if there'd ever been studies done about the siblings of serial killers...people raised in identical circumstances who reacted differently to their environmental realities....

Anyway - this all does relate to this topic in that if you're someone who wants a sure thing - don't have kids. There are no sure or guaranteed outcomes. Some people can deal with that and others can't.