Being in a relationship requires sex

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 04:48 am
Do you ever feel pressured to have sex because you are in a relationship?

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 06:51 am
@lizaveta,
Are you referring to the abominable act? Or just the usual Tuesday evening self flagellation session in the basement?
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:26 am
@lizaveta,
My wife tells me she has never felt pressured. But then, she likes being on top, so all the pressure is on me.
0 Replies

WilliamLion

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:33 am
@lizaveta,
No, never. I love sex
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:02 am
@lizaveta,
For me, a romantic relationship implies that there will be regular sex. If there isn't, then this relationship won't last very long.

If you expect the person you are with to not have sex with anyone else, then you should be having sex with him or her yourself. Monogamy is a reasonable expectation in a relationship. Chastity is not.

If you don't mind this person having sex with other people, then I would say there is no pressure.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:16 am
@maxdancona,
Let me qualify this answer, assuming you are a teenager (which on second thought seems like a possibility).

In a healthy relationship both people get what they want and need. Of course each relationship is different and particularly in the teen-aged years this can be a little difficult.

Hopefully you can talk to your partner about what you want and need. Sometimes this means giving up a relationship when two people are not in the same place. This can be difficult, but this is the healthiest thing to do if you and your partner want different things. You shouldn't let yourself be pressured if you aren't ready.

That being said, sex is almost always an important part of adult romantic relationships.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:36 am
@lizaveta,
What Max just said, Liz.

If you are a young woman...and a guy is pressuring you to have sex despite your are not ready for it...and if he is insistent in spite of your concerns...best to end the relationship.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:21 pm
@lizaveta,
I am pretty sure every woman felt pressure to have sex in her youth.
However depends on your age if he is not pressuring 'rape-style' - feel
free to refuse until he will get tired and move onto another 'relationship'.
I've been dating since 13 but lost virginity at 21, so trust me - I had been pressured!!! LOL doesn't mean anything, if you not giving in.
On the other hand (depends on age again) I would feel weird not to be pressured. If he is into you - natural reaction of a male to try.
I hope you aren't 12.
Eliusa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:21 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Have you tried stand up comedy?
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:25 pm
Just for people's info.

This "new member" bombarded A2K with about a dozen threads in as many minutes a few hours ago, and every time asked a quite personal question, never qualifying why she needed to know.
No niceties, no intro, just ask and bugger off.

I think she/it is a spammer in some way, shape or form, and that is why I answered it/her the way I did.

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:28 pm
Correction.
8 hours ago it arrived.
18 minutes......
10 threads.
10 very intimate questions.
No response since.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:56 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Like you NEVER responding like that to anyone else Wink
Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 02:01 pm
@lizaveta,
lizaveta wrote:

Do you ever feel pressured to have sex because you are in a relationship?

Back then when I was in my prime, definitely YES. Today, I still think about it, but I've forgotten why.

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 02:04 pm
@Eliusa,
Spammers or incredibly silly subjects just get my taste buds going.

irresistibubble.
Eliusa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 02:15 pm
@Lordyaswas,
So how long can you be 'going'?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 02:47 pm
@Eliusa,
Well nowadays it takes about ten minutes of Pirates to get me loosened up.

Pirates (pronounced pie-rar-tays) is very much like Pilates, just with an "AH-HARRR" exclamation at the end of each stretch.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 03:08 pm
@Eliusa,
Quote:
I am pretty sure every woman felt pressure to have sex in her youth.

This is not limited to women. Men also feel pressured to have sex sometimes, if their wife wants it more than they do.
Eliusa

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 09:18 am
@Olivier5,
It's pretty hard to push a man to have sex with you due to the 'nature' of the 'beast' when it is just not working under pressure. Right?
Trust me, I know it not second hand but very first. Sad

I once pressured my bf and heard he turned gay, so...lol
I mean it is true story. Honest to goodness.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:56 am
@Eliusa,
Men do feel pressured to do it just to keep her happy. They do. Trust me on this.
Eliusa

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:59 am
@Olivier5,
Like 'Ill do this bitch so she stop nagging?'