Guy at work likes me but has gf

Tanna

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 01:22 pm
I am new to this site and need some advice! So ive been working at my current workplace for 5 months now there is an extremely hot guy who works in the office! Shortly after i started i began noticing little things like he would always stare at me as he walked past my desk even work colleagues would comment on seeing him looking! so naturally this made me like him more the thing is he has never tried to conversate with me! We have been in the lift together and it just really awkward! I also found out he has a girlfriend but the past few weeks i have caught him staring at me from his desk and when i look he looks away and acts like he wasnt looking! I know it sounds childish and you are probably thinking why dont you just talk to him but because it has gone on for so long it would be really awkward to talk to him now! I am starting to really like him as i see him everyday and i start to get the feeling his feelings are similar. My question is what would be my next move to find out? Without actually approaching him!? And why is he making out he likes me when he is with someone?

chai2

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 01:26 pm
@Tanna,
He has a girlfriend.

If you were someones girlfriend, would you appreciate another girl asking about how she can get to know him better?

First rule of girl club is leave other girls boyfriends alone.

Second rule of girl club is leave other girls boyfriends alone.

If he breaks up with his girlfriend on his own, having nothing to do with you, then talk to him.

Next time your alone on the elevator with him, ask him how his girlfriend is. That way he knows your on to him.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 01:39 pm
And if he comes on to you, ask him how his girlfriend is. If you start dating him, you will remember this time, only this time you will be the gf and you will be wondering who he is flirting with.
chai2

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 02:28 pm
@contrex,
Exactly.

If they'll do it with ya, they'll do it to ya.
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 02:34 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Exactly.

If they'll do it with ya, they'll do it to ya.
My words but more succinctly.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 03:28 pm
If you know he has a gf then I would just let it be. Also, work place relationships have a horrible track record of success, but a wonderful record of disaster. If you don't believe me then read through about 80% of the threads in this forum.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 03:30 pm
@Tanna,
Tanna wrote:
And why is he making out he likes me when he is with someone?

looking at someone doesn't mean you like them but in any case

he has a girlfriend soooooooooo listen to chai
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:09 am
@Tanna,
Quote:
My question is what would be my next move to find out? Without actually approaching him!?
Have you tried talking to a gypsy woman with a crystal ball?

Seriously, I have read so many of these same words written by many others. Always the same thing. "Everytime I look at him he is staring at me." Bull. It is your imagination/wishful thinking.

As others have said, leave the guy alone. Here is an idea. Start looking at guys without attachments. I'm sure you will catch some of them "staring" at you also.
0 Replies