Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 04:47 pm
@Baldimo,
I know that you doofus. I thought he was talking about the expanded background checks to close the guns show and private sales loopholes,the baby steps toward a needed solution that the nra utterly rejects. Turns out he was just talking about the checks we already have., which are woefully short. My mistake to think a gun zealot might actually have a constructive idea. Or you.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 04:56 pm
@coldjoint,
the thing is, they ARE nonsebse, and most deserve a one word contemptuous response that sum up their quality, hence "nonsenbse"..
I do back up my posts when they need backup, and from reputable sources. Whenever I'm checked out what you cite to back up your posts, it ivariably turns out to be wild-eyed right wing absurdity, which epitomizes the old geek acronym I'm sure you know, since you praticce it so consistently, GIGO, garbage in, garbage out. In other words, totally nonsense.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 04:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Nonsense, joint, as usual.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 05:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Nonsense, joint, as usual.

https://able2know.org/topic/267070-994
My last post before this one.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 05:54 pm
https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/428379/sticker-Panda.png
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 09:50 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I know that you doofus.

Yet you keep making comments like there is no such thing as a background check, you should stop being a doofus and be more specific in what you talk about, it's what you demand of everyone else.

Quote:
I thought he was talking about the expanded background checks to close the guns show and private sales loopholes

Here you go again doofus, there is no such things as a gunshow loophole, private sales were left out of the federal background check on purpose, it wasn't over looked, so it isn't a loophole, that's another lie being told by the anti-gun crowd.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:40 am
Mexico Tightens Border After Trump Pardons White-Collar Criminals
“They’re bringing bribery, they’re bringing tax evasion, they’re bringing racketeering,” the Mexican President said.
By Andy Borowitz
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:43 am
@Glennn,
I got that impression because you seem to support Trump and that makes you a freak.

And, the volumes spoken about me usually are not in disgust...
Glennn

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:53 am
@TheCobbler,
I'll give you one chance to pull up any post of mine in which I support Trump. In fact, why don't you retrieve a post of mine in which I even mention Trump? And when you fail to do so, consider the extent to which your bias has caused you to see what isn't there. That's what makes you a freak.

Volumes . . .
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:07 am
@Sturgis,
Gun violence is a fact of life in the United States and, in 2019, mass shootings continue to occur with frightening regularity.

Mass murders, such as those at schools in Parkland, Fla., and Santa Fe, Texas, at a newsroom in Maryland and at houses of worship in Poway, Calif., Pittsburgh, Pa., Sutherland Springs, Texas, and Charleston, S.C., shock the conscience and spur debate — but with little action from Congress.

In 2018, there was at least one mass shooting a month, more than 20 overall according to ABC News' definition of a mass shooting.

Already in 2019, there have been a number of mass shootings. In April 2019, a shooting at a synagogue in the town of Poway in Southern California killed one and injured three in what officials deem a hate crime.

The Poway synagogue shooting came exactly six months after a man spouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire on worshippers at the Tree of Life synagogue in an attack that left 11 dead. It was described by the Anti-Defamation League as the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in American history.

The deadliest mass shooting in modern American history occurred in October 2017 at a Las Vegas music festival, resulting in the deaths of 58 concertgoers and injuring hundreds more.

Only 16 months before that, a gunman armed with a handgun and a semi-automatic rifle murdered 49 people and injured 58 at an Orlando nightclub in what was then the country's worst mass shooting.

The horrific attack in Orlando came less than six months after a man and a woman opened fire at a San Bernardino, Calif., social services center, killing 14 and injuring 22.

And with each new mass shooting — from Columbine to Sandy Hook; Fort Hood to Virginia Tech — the national debate over gun ownership renews.

The votes for gun regulation vs gun rights are strictly along party lines.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/issues/guns

I think I hit the nail on the head.

84% of Americans
support expanding background checks to include private firearm sales and purchases at gun shows, including a majority of Republican respondents. (Source: Pew Research Center, June 2017)

But, 100% of the republican senators oppose background checks. So it is guilt by association.

Gun control versus gun rights will likely be a major issue of the 2020 presidential election. One Democratic candidate, Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) said gun control is the central issue he is running on. The necessity of more gun control legislation is essentially standard among all 21 Democratic candidates, several of whom own guns, currently running.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly pledged to protect Second Amendment rights and often warns gun owners that their Second Amendment rights are “under assault.” In an April speech to NRA members, Trump announced he will not ratify America’s participation in the international Arms Trade Treaty, which would provide some international oversight on arms sales.

In opposition to the Republicans, the newly Democratic-controlled House has made passing gun control legislation a priority. So far, the House passed two measures with some bipartisan support that strengthen and expand the background check process. The House also passed a reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, opposed by the NRA because of the bill’s measure that seeks to prevent domestic abusers from obtaining guns.

In June 2016, Democrats mounted a successful filibuster that forced Senate Republicans to vote on four gun control proposals none of which passed.

Republicans generally oppose any type of gun control legislation — only four of 54 Senate Republicans voted in favor of the 2015 background check bill. Currently, none of the republican senators support background checks...

Now which Democrats in the house should I include who are "split"?

Please name names...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:17 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
There's always been gun violence. What kind of expanded background checks are you proposing?

There has always been gun violence because sensible gun regulation is not in place...

The fact that you even have to ask AGAIN, "speaks volumes"...

A democrat does no need to ask such a stupid question.

I made a list and you jump on my case about it.

More disgusting volumes emanating from you...

The only one deluded by your illusion of non partisan fairness is you...

Glennn wrote:
In fact, why don't you retrieve a post of mine in which I even mention Trump?

Silence is golden...

Yup, there are no posts of you calling Trump out on his racism, his lies and his corruption. Not a single one...

Volumes again.
Glennn

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:55 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
There has always been gun violence because sensible gun regulation is not in place...

I asked you how you got the idea that I would be opposed to those reasons for expanded background checks that you posted. You said it was because I was a Trump-supporting freak. When asked to support that accusation, you absolutely failed to do so. That's called lying. I'm not calling you a liar. What I'm saying is that your bias has caused you to imagine things about me that aren't true. I don't think that delusional people are liars; they're just delusional; they see what isn't there. It's not your fault.
Quote:
I made a list and you jump on my case about it.

Not to harp on your delusional thinking, but point me to the post in which I "jumped on your case" regarding this list you speak of.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:02 pm
Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trump’s Psychiatric Care
While some Mexican taxpayers argued that a full course of treatment could cost more than a border wall, the Mexican President warned against skimping on such a necessary expense.
By Andy Borowitz

Trump Makes Pence Watch Him Issue Pardons to See How It’s Done
After signing several pardons while Pence looked on intently, Trump commanded the Vice-President to sign a “practice pardon,” a White House source said.
By Andy Borowitz

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:05 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
He is known for creating the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and the satirical column The Borowitz Report

Yeah someone who should not be taken seriously. No worries, he is not.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:14 pm
@coldjoint,
I wonder if it is going to get fact checked by Snopes like the Babaylon Bee gets fact checked...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:28 pm
The condition Trump supporters left the boardwalk after the Trump rally.
https://i.imgur.com/Xk6MPR1.jpg

Much like their homes...

Wildwoods Convention Center on the boardwalk New Jersey.

Brings new meaning to "Garden State".

Jesus will come back and clean it up for them (on the taxpayer's dime). (cynical)

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:34 pm
https://i.redd.it/38bcxiop7sh41.png
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:44 pm
Slew of GOP-led measures would make ballot initiatives more difficult in Arizona
https://tucson.com/news/local/slew-of-gop-led-measures-would-make-ballot-initiatives-more/article_3679148b-d719-5028-ad34-151ba20c1fcf.html

Comment:
Because, because republicans stand for states rights! (cynical)
Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 12:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
It seems you don't understand what States Rights actually means, you just threw something out there that sounded good, but you have no actual idea of what it actually means and how it should be applied. Lets give you a Constitutional reading of what the 10 Amendment actually is so you don't sound like an idiot:
Quote:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So please explain how a politician from that same state isn't following the 10 Amendment? It's you leftists who have no idea what the 10th Amendment actually says and what it actually means. You are like a trained horse who thinks it can count when it really just repeats what it's been taught, no real thought required.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2020 06:34 pm
Quote:
DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS: Nevada Democrats Requiring Caucus Volunteers To Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements

Transparency? Don't even think about it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://conservativemedia.com/news/democracy-dies-darkness-nevada-democrats-requiring-caucus-volunteers-sign-non-disclosure-agreements/
0 Replies