Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 03:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Nonsense. You guys regularly post uncited right wing memes or ones from completely wild eyed crap right wing fantasies from completely wackadoodle sites and then think youve proved something when all youve done is cite someone as goofy as your post.GiGO is the clnservative philosophy.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 03:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
I've looked through your posts, and there are not any links or cites to back anything you claim... I wouldn't care if the link was wrong, at least you would be posting something other than a bunch of misspelled words. It seems your proof, is repeating that everyone else's proof is wrong, with nothing to back up why they are wrong.

RABEL222

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 05:49 pm
@Baldimo,
Most people on this site know that Jack doesn't lie but conversley know you and your ilk lie constantly even when you post OPINION that seems to back your OPINION.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 06:29 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Most people on this site know that Jack doesn't lie

You can't lie when you say nothing.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 08:52 pm
@Baldimo,
they're overwhelmingly not proof but opinions, often opinions masquerading as fact. Just because you cite someone else's opinion that does not make it a fact. And the right wing memes you all are so fond of citing, they're still pretty hare-brained.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 09:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Most people on this site know that Jack doesn't lie

A lie requires a deliberate and malicious intent to deceive.

I agree that MJ is not lying. I believe that all of his many untrue statements are given in good faith.

I also really like the fact that MJ does not engage in childish name-calling the way so many other progressives do. Bravo for that.

But many of his statements are still completely untrue.

RABEL222 wrote:
but conversley know you and your ilk lie constantly even when you post OPINION that seems to back your OPINION.

You cannot provide any examples of untrue statements in any of our posts.

Opinions, by the way, are neither true nor untrue. They are opinions.
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 09:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
coldjoint wrote:
There was no problem when aid was withheld by Trump from Central American countries until they helped stop the caravans.

Yes there was.

What was this alleged problem?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:03 am
@oralloy,
Your last two sentences are examples you claim no one can provide, but you are too simple to realize it.
oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:38 am
@RABEL222,
Unlike you my IQ is 170. And you cannot point out any falsehoods in those sentences.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 10:54 am
@oralloy,
Well geehanks for t he fsint praise. My statements however are true. As is frequently ponted out yours mostly are not. Those thar are opinion usually donot represent any actual conditions in the world other than your imagination
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 10:56 am
@oralloy,
Well geehanks for t he faint praise. My statements however are true. As is frequently pointed out yours mostly are not. Those thar are opinion usually donot represent any actual conditions in the world other than your imagination
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 12:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
As is frequently ponted out yours mostly are not.

Yep, you say that then refuse to prove it. Another post from you that says 0 and proves 0.
oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Well geethanks for the faint praise. My statements however are true.

That is incorrect. As one example you recently claimed that there was collusion with Russia. There was not any such collusion.

As another example, you were wrong to claim that progressives are not trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles. And wrong to claim that the motive is not because progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

Faint?? I think it is good that you do not engage in name-calling or in malicious deception. I respect honor and integrity. You're the anti-blatham (and that's a compliment).

MontereyJack wrote:
As is frequently pointed out yours mostly are not. Those that are opinion usually do not represent any actual conditions in the world other than your imagination

You cannot provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts.

You also cannot provide any examples of me giving an opinion that is not based on reality.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 07:05 am
@oralloy,
All of my posts were correct. You keep repeating your fallacies about progressives. Banning weapons,, not grips. Trump did in fact welcome putin's meddling, and puutin did in fact support trump with his troll farm and disinformation. And your characterization of progressive motives is purely solely your uninformed opinion and is in fact name-calling with no basis in fact.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 07:07 am
@coldjoint,
Keep reading.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 07:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
All of my posts were correct.

You were wrong to say that progressives are not trying to ban pistol grips on semi-auto rifles. You were wrong to say that the motive for this is not the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties. And you were wrong to say that there was collusion between Trump and Russia.

MontereyJack wrote:
You keep repeating your fallacies about progressives.

You cannot provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
Banning weapons,, not grips.

That's a sophistic word game. "Outlawing a weapon whenever it has pistol grips on it" is exactly the same thing as "outlawing pistol grips on that weapon."

MontereyJack wrote:
Trump did in fact welcome putin's meddling, and puutin did in fact support trump with his troll farm and disinformation.

Even if that is true, that's not collusion.

MontereyJack wrote:
And your characterization of progressive motives is purely solely your uninformed opinion and is in fact name-calling with no basis in fact.

If the motive for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is anything other than progressives enjoying the violation of people's civil liberties, then what is the actual motivation?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 10:35 am
Christopher Hasson Sentenced To More Than 13 Years In Domestic Terrorism Plot
The white nationalist Coast Guard lieutenant pleaded guilty to federal charges last year amid a plot to “murder innocent civilians” on a wide scale, the feds said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/christopher-hasson-sentenced-domestic-terrorism_n_5e343ec7c5b69a19a4ae1da4

Comment:
...but but but what about the Muslims?

The republican brand is trash...

GREENBELT, Md. — Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Hasson was sentenced Friday to more than 13 years on weapons charges, in a case that prosecutors say thwarted a white supremacist’s terroristic plot to murder a long list of prominent Democrats and journalists.

Hasson, 50, of Maryland, pleaded guilty in October to four federal weapons charges. But federal prosecutors said the charged conduct only represented the “tip of the iceberg” of the evidence against him. They labeled Hasson a “domestic terrorist” shortly after his arrest and said he stockpiled weapons and was plotting to “murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country.” They wanted a 25-year sentence.

Federal prosecutors laid out an extensive record of Hasson’s racists beliefs, a search history that included inquiries for the home addresses of Supreme Court justices, and an apparent hit list of media figures and Democratic politicians. Ahead of his sentencing, Hasson told U.S. District Court Judge George Hazel that he was “embarrassed” by his racist thoughts and web searches and sorry for the pain they’d caused.

“I have never hurt anyone in my life and I was not planning to in any way, shape or form,” Hasson claimed. He said he renounced his writings but was not claiming to be “magically cured of my biased thoughts.” But he said he’d work toward treating everyone equally, with the help of religious leaders.

The Hasson case has tested federal law enforcement’s ability to prevent domestic terrorist attacks and prosecute domestic terrorists. The United States doesn’t have a law that broadly makes acts of domestic terrorism illegal, and in general, federal prosecutors are hesitant to classify domestic terrorists as what they are.

While federal prosecutors did not charge Hasson with any terrorism-related offenses, they did ask for and were granted a terrorism sentencing enhancement that increased the range of the prison time Hasson faced under federal sentencing guidelines.

After the sentencing, U.S. Attorney Robert Hur of the District of Maryland told reporters that law enforcement would “look through the entire United States criminal code and use all of those tools in order to make sure that we can intervene and bring criminals to justice before harm falls our community.”

Liz Oyer, Hasson’s federal public defender, urged the court to consider Hasson’s long record of service to the country and his relationship with his family. She accused federal prosecutors of fearmongering by displaying Hasson’s cache of weapons in court, most of which he would be lawfully allowed to own were he not addicted to narcotics.

“We cannot incarcerate people for their private thoughts,” Oyer argued. She said that if white Americans had their private thoughts evaluated, we’d find a “terrifying number of closet racists,” but that the Constitution gives Americans the right to hold condemnable views.

She also said that Hasson didn’t treat anyone unfairly despite his views, and that she’d seen him “joking and laughing” with corrections officers ― “most of whom are Black” ― at the Maryland facility where he’s being held.

Dr. Stephen Hart, a defense witness, testified at length Friday about his violence risk assessment that declares Hasson a low risk. He said the government responded to the case “entirely appropriately,” but that Hasson didn’t need to be incarcerated based on being an ongoing threat to the public. He said Hasson was generally rational and clear-thinking, and called him a “civil and polite person.”

A handout photo provided by the U.S. attorney’s office for the District of Maryland of the collection of weapons and ammunition that federal agents say they found in Christopher Hasson’s apartment.
Hart testified that Hasson “had thoughts in his head that were racist.” But he said Hasson’s behavior with his “diverse” set of colleagues, as well as the “diverse” jail population, was much different.

Despite Hasson’s apparent hit list of media figures and liberal politicians ― which Hart said was simply a spreadsheet of people of interest to Hasson ― and his searches for the addresses of Supreme Court justices, Hart said Hasson was “all over the place” and didn’t have a firm plan. His desire to kill everyone in the world, as expressed in his memo, was “not a realistic or feasible goal,” Hart said.

“If he wanted to make a plan, he could have made a plan,” Hart testified.

Hart also said he wouldn’t mind living next to Hasson. On cross-examination, the government had Hart clarify that he himself was a white man.

Judge Hazel, a former federal prosecutor and graduate of the renowned and historically Black men’s college Morehouse College, said ahead of imposing the sentence that he did not credit much of Hart’s testimony. He made clear that he was not sentencing Hasson for his beliefs, but because he had been “actively in the process of formulating a plan.”

Oyer, the defense attorney, argued that Hasson deserved only probation.

“We don’t send people to jail for 25 years unless there are truly horrendous actions,” Oyer said. “There has not been a case like this in the nation.”

Oyer pointed to the handling of the case of Jeffrey Clark, a neo-Nazi who, like Hasson, pleaded guilty to the relatively seldom-used federal charge of being an addict in possession of a weapon. Oyer said the Clark and Hasson cases were “highly analogous,” and claimed that Clark’s actions were in many ways worse than Hasson’s. But she said federal prosecutors in D.C. took a more measured approach, and that Clark was released on time served after spending 10 months behind bars. She noted that Hasson has already served a year in custody.

Clark coincidentally appeared in a federal court in D.C. in a reentry hearing earlier this week, where a probation officer gave the court a generally positive report on his progress. Clark, who previously called his experience in D.C. jail “a blessing in disguise” that caused him to seriously reevaluate his life choices, is attending therapy on a weekly basis, and said he’s benefiting from it. He picked up seasonal work at a pop-up holiday bar in D.C. last month. He met with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in December, and will have another meeting with them soon. A federal judge overseeing Clark’s case wasn’t thrilled that a probation officer spotted Soviet Union propaganda in his room, but he said Clark seemed to be making good progress.

Hur, responding to a question from HuffPost after the trial, said the Clark and Hasson cases weren’t alike.

“Every single case is different. There may be some common threads from case to case, maybe a commonality in terms of the beliefs that are espoused by... [the defendants] in each case,” Hur said. But he noted that Hasson had prepared what he called a “hit list” of elected officials and media personalities whose views he disagreed with.

“He believed in the use of focused violence, and it was clear to the government and it was clear to the court that he intended on taking focused violence on those personalities,” Hur said.

“He is not being sentenced for his views,” Hazel said. “He is being sentenced for the actions I feel he was planning to take.”

Hazel said the racist beliefs that Hasson expressed are “deeply embedded” in American history, referencing 1619 ― the year that Africans arrived in Virginia.

Comment: Trump made this...
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 12:01 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Christopher Hasson Sentenced To More Than 13 Years In Domestic Terrorism Plot

That problem has been taken care of. Now it is time to get Omar out of Congress because of her connections to terror. She is also a supremacist.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 06:52 pm
@coldjoint,
She unlike you don't lie her ass off.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 07:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
She unlike you don't lie her ass off.

Quote:
Rep. Ilhan Omar Caught Lying, Admits She Spread False Story About Police

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/rep-ilhan-omar-caught-lying-admits-she-spread-false-story-about-police-BDTardDdCEGPOsB5dHnPOw
Quote:
Ilhan Omar was caught lying about her marriage to her brother and you won’t believe what else she is hiding

https://culturewatchnews.com/ilhan-omar-was-caught-lying-about-her-marriage-to-her-brother-and-you-wont-believe-what-else-she-is-hiding/
Quote:
BREAKING: Omar Caught Red Handed In Felony Lying To The IRS

https://rightwingtribune.com/2019/09/14/breaking-ilhan-omar/
I do not lie because I do not have to.
0 Replies