Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 04:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Or smell.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 04:51 pm
Quote:
Here's Proof That The New York Times Failed Journalism 101

In competition with the BBC for irrelevance because of it biases the NYT does not disappoint.
Quote:
“People familiar with the meeting”? What does that mean?

In the next paragraph — citing no one, again — the writers say Trump doesn’t speak to aides “about what he hopes to accomplish” in a second term.

“Mr. Trump has griped about traveling too much, but then lashed out at aides, demanding to know, ‘Why am I not doing more rallies?’ He insists on having final approval over the songs on his campaign playlist, as well as the campaign merchandise, but he has never asked to see a budget for 2019.”

Again, a direct quote. Who said it? Someone “familiar with the things Trump says”? No clue. It’s just hanging there. Careful readers would no doubt wonder, but then, the readers of the Times mostly hate Trump, so they’ll swallow it hook, line and sinker.

They don't think to highly of their readers education.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48303/curl-heres-proof-new-york-times-failed-journalism-joseph-curl?utm_content=buffer3de97&utm_medium=Referral&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=TheBlazeT
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 05:44 pm
@coldjoint,

i am desperate to see #TubOfLard45 go to jail finally...
coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 05:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
i am desperate to see #TubOfLard45 go to jail finally...

"Fat" chance.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 07:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
i am desperate to see #TubOfLard45 go to jail finally
joint:"Fat" chance

I wpuldn't be too sure of that if I were you (thank the gods I'm not)

New survey out with national head-to-head 2020 matchups, from Quinnipaic U.
Trump loses to Biden 53-40%\
Trump loses to Bernie by 9 (Lash will be ecstatic)
Trump loses to Kamala Harris by 8
Trump loses to Elizabeth Warren by 7
Trump also loses to Corey Booker by 5 and Mayor Pete by 5, though those two are within possible margin of error.

The country is MUCH less happy with the orange man than you,joint

coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:05 pm
@MontereyJack,

Quote:
The country is MUCH less happy with the orange man than you,joint

What is today's date? You think those numbers will stay the same? You seem to know less about politics everyday. Amazing.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:20 pm
@coldjoint,
On the contrary, it's proonyt,WSJ, and the Boston Globe among others are very good at getting whistleblwers toblow the whistle and leakers to leak and consequently we get a lot of the dirty little deals that the sleazebags do their damnedest to conceal.f that the daily wire does not have the least idea what responsible jourbalism teaches you. One thing it teaches you is that you always protect your sources. nother thing is that you get mulyiple surces who are in a posiyion yo kow, anf both of those things are apparent from this clip. Everybody knows if they named nameis, Trump would foam at the mouth and iifre them and then probably launch fiis usual flying bombast scorched earth flame war. This way their identities are protected and more truth may be forthcoming. WaPo, the
coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Trump would foam at the mouth and iifre them and then probably launch fiis usual flying bombast scorched earth flame war.

And who has that bankrupted like Trump associates persecuted for association by devious legal tactics the MSM supports? Gullible is as gullible does.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:43 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
This may signal the end of the NRA...

When leftists dream, they dream of abolishing freedom.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:51 pm
Here are some opinions of the polls.

Quote:
@GovHowardDean

Don’t want to rain on your parade but these numbers are irrelevant. The election is 17 months away and national polls are relatively useless since we elect presidents based on state results not national ones. We could be up huge margins inCA and NY and even everywhere else.

Quote:

Nate Silver Retweeted Jonathan Chait

No it's not. General election polls mean next to nothing this far out anyway. And if we don't know what the polls actually said & instead just get some vague characterization of them, readers lack the basic Journalism 101 information to put the story into any meaningful context.

Good old liberal Twitter thinks the polls are worthless. Shocked Did I say gullible?
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:54 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Is that you on the bottom left, Coldy?

Why, Ollie, are you making fun of flamboyant gays? Shame on you!
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
t

WSJ, the Boston Globe, a few others take their respomsibility seriously and conseqyently ge the stories that can change history
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:59 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Why, Ollie, are you making fun of flamboyant gays? Shame on you!

I am very disappointed in Oliver he does not need to keep proving he is a hypocrite. Showoff!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 09:03 pm
@coldjoint,
You me3an devius tactics like getting evidence from them and their associates and cross checking it, getting interviews with everybody involved, subpoenaing relec=vant documents, bringing the evidence to grand juries. Devious tactics like that?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 09:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You me3an devius tactics like getting evidence from them and their associates and cross checking it, getting interviews with everybody involved, subpoenaing relec=vant documents, bringing the evidence to grand juries. Devious tactics like that?

Not sure what you said. Please try again.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 09:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Exactly that, those unscrupulous bastards. It's so unfair.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 10:24 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, we know what they were asking: Biden or Trump, Warren or Trump, etc. Not much polling question vagueness there so Nate Silver doesn't really apply. As Colbert put it tomighy. The President of the United State, the most powerful man in the world lost to the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. Considering Trump lost the vote, considering he's never been above water in the polls, nor have the things he's done, considering the percentage of people who say they definitely will NOT vote forTrump has always this last year or so been as I recall fifteen points or so highter than those who definitely WILL vote for Trump, considering nothing seems to get Trump''s approval much higher, the big ticket stuff like the Mueller report and a possible bounce that didn't bounce, r the economy, considering at this point he's not only lost to the A team but to the B team as well and in 2020 there wil only be one of the many he'll have to face,considering the positions are already pretty rigid and don't seem to be changing much no matter what, his prospects aren't that promising. Of course it's early, we all know that. but he ain't making friends and influencing people.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 11:25 pm
@nimh,
Your right which is why I just ignore posters I don't care to hear from? But I don't need no damn button to do so. And my point was i am tired of hearing the same tired arguments over and over again even though they have been proved wrong over and over again. I read certain opinions that I know have been posted by rational posters. But thanks for your advice,
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 11:35 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
i am tired of hearing the same tired arguments over and over again even though they have been proved wrong over and over again.

Except, reality hasn't actually been proven wrong.