Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:55 pm
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Marym625/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_15586-11988679_960275754015484_4460903689440610429_n980531950_zps1oa3cqq7.jpg
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
How many times does this nonsense have to play out before Americans learn that angry fundamentalists elected the Republicans that took everything they had?

Has it been so long that you have forgotten the days when you were blinded by religion?
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 05:01 pm
@mesquite,
Two wrongs don't make a right...

Yes I was once a fundamentalist... so how does my stupidity cancel out someone else's? Two stupid people do not add up to a right person.

I might say that it was all the scriptures of unconditional love that became incongruent with the scriptures of hate.

In choosing the biblical road of love I had to deny the biblical road of hate.

This is not religion I questioned, it was a lack of empathy for humanity when all the dust settled.

I always clung to the verses of love even while trying to make sense of the verses of hate.

I was also not in the closet I simply put my desires on hold. Meaning I would never have criticized a homosexual lifestyle any more than a straight one. Promiscuity and decadence is not exclusive to one or the other lifestyle.

I guess you could still call me conservative but not the hypocritical Tea Party type.

Do you really think I was waving "god hates fags" signs and denying marriage licenses to gays when I was a Christian?

Never... I knew the Bible had serious problems and even when I believed it was "ALL" the inspired world of God I had serious doubts that caused me to moderate my message of "salvation"... I just figured the hate scriptures could not be literal and something was lost in translation meaning they could never stand on their own.

Is there truth in the Bible? Very little.

Was I blinded by religion at one point? Yes... Did I use my blindness to deny love, tolerance and acceptance of others and their beliefs? NO. Out and proud gay Christian preachers are like woman and poor people who are republicans. It took a while but eventually the charade became clear and I can thank the Tea Party and my patient, loving, reserved, atheist, Puerto Rican boyfriend at the time for making that charade crystal clear.

I was never on the verge of becoming a bigot...
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
Where did you get this. There are a bunch of so called liberals I would like to send this to. And a hell of a bunch of conservative voters.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:59 pm
@RABEL222,
One of my Facebook friends posted it. You can download the pic or simply repost the link.

Share it all you would like. Smile
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 07:15 am
Republican says he’ll shoot you if you ask him about his job in public
A Republican state senator from Arkansas boasted on Twitter that he is prepared to shoot to kill if people do not approach him with proper amount of respect as he goes about his daily business.

According to the Arkansas Times blog, Sen. Jason Rapert was out at Lowe’s hardware recently when constituent Lance White approached him to ask a question about public policy.

“Wow! I introduce my self kindly to my state legislator at Lowe’s last night. I then ask him a complicated question regarding government/law, to which I legitimately wanted and answer,” wrote White on Facebook Sunday morning.

“He then replies, “I don’t answer questions to smarty pants like you.” Then yelled at the Lowe’s employee to hurry up and load his stuff as he jumped in his truck to avoid me,” White continued. “Later I notice this post on his Twitter account. Didn’t know asking government/law questions to a legislator qualified me for getting shot.
‪#‎loosecanon‬”

On Twitter, Rapert wrote, “Not smart to come up and harass somebody in a parking lot who’s carrying a handgun. Better be glad you decided to walk away. #armed&ready”

— Sen. Jason Rapert (@jasonrapert) September 6, 2015

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/arkansas-republican-says-hell-shoot-you-if-you-ask-him-about-his-job-in-public/
RABEL222

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I understand completely. I was a board member in the small town in which I live and was also ashamed to admit I was part of government.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 06:15 pm
@RABEL222,
Yeah, but you never promised to shoot anyone, right?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 06:16 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150907-cheney-spins-faster-than-irans-centrifuges.jpg
RABEL222

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Wellllll, there was this one guy I thought about shooting but I never said so to him.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Why in the name of all that's holy do the news people still ask for Cheney's opinion about the middle east, when he has been proven to be a liar and wrong about everything re the middle east?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 11:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Why in the name of all that's holy do the news people still ask for Cheney's opinion about the middle east, when he has been proven to be a liar and wrong about everything re the middle east?

The need for content to fill airtime in between the purpose of the operation, the ads.

I am so glad that I could help. This has been my good deed for the day.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:50 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right...

I never meant to infer that they did. I was referring to this question
TheCobbler wrote:
How many times does this nonsense have to play out before Americans learn that angry fundamentalists elected the Republicans that took everything they had?

I was hoping you might have some insight since you were also politically blinded by religion. I had thought that perhaps A2K had something to do with your seeing the light, but it looks like your boyfriend gets the credit.

TheCobbler wrote:
I was never on the verge of becoming a bigot...
No, but you were a classic enabler of the Bush administration throughout his two terms. Do you still see that administration in the same light as you did then?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 11:47 am
@RABEL222,
I'm not a Christian. You have twisted views on religion and a mentality that leads to transference. What you want to do to them, is what you think they are saying. Of course you see no difference between them, it's because you have an anti-religious bias that leads to poor thinking.

I'll say it again, who has that clerk killed, who has Hagee killed in the name of their religion? bin Laden killed plenty of people and his disciples and people like him are currently marching across Iraq and other parts of the middle east killing those they don't agree with. Can you point to anywhere here in the US that has ISIS like activities going on? Burning people in cages, beheading them?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 11:53 am
@TheCobbler,
The only reason people like you are against charter schools is because the teachers unions have no power. Current schools are not held to account to the public who pay there salaries. The minute parents start pushing back against public schools, the unions step in and declare the parents have no power and that they should leave the education to the teachers. It's a ******* scam by the unions as the unions don't care about the students or what is best for them, they only care about the teachers. If they cared so much about the students they wouldn't go on strike when schools are suppose to start.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:08 pm
@snood,
Its Fox, snood. He expected soft balls. I thought it went rather well: the Fox crowd glued to their sets watching one of their mouthpieces get a straight question for once.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm sure MSNBC is asking all the Dems hard questions aren't they?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Well, yes, yes they are. Rachel Madow has gone after Hillary Clinton regularly.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah? In how many interviews?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 05:02 pm
@Baldimo,
OK, so your not a christian. Why do you refer to religion so much than. Do you know what transference means. I would also like a translation of your post, you seem to be confused.