Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:10 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
A couple of hundred million dollars would put Trump firmly in Putins pocket just like the drug lords contribution to the Mexican president.

How deep in the pocket of the Russians is Hillary and Bill? They have indeed made millions in Russian money. Lets also not forget Obama stating "I'll have more flexibility after the election." This was a message that passed along to Putin for when he came into office.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
If Russia invades Latvia, do we send US troops to stop them?
To my knowledge Latvia does not stab us in the back like certain other European nations do.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Revisionist lier. Sorry everyone. Since I learned to spell revisionist I cant help but use it. Bare with me.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:44 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Revisionist lier. Sorry everyone. Since I learned to spell revisionist I cant help but use it. Bare with me.

So you deny Bill Clinton did a speech in Russia and received money for the speech? Are you denying Obama said he would have more flexibility after the election?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 07:16 pm
@Region Philbis,
Norms and Burgers

.. or why the hubbub over the president’s food choices is a horrible choice of talking points.

Quote:
There is an awful lot to be upset about at the moment: Over the past week, Donald Trump has threatened to declare a national emergency on completely spurious grounds. We are now entering the 25th day of the government shutdown. Meanwhile, we have learned that the FBI was sufficiently concerned about the loyalty of the president to open an investigation into whether he might be a Russian asset, and he has gone to extraordinary lengths to ensure that there would be no public records of his meetings with Vladimir Putin.

But what has a depressingly large number of American journalists been focusing on for the past twenty-four hours? Donald Trump’s choice to serve fast food—“McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and Burger King with some pizza,” as he put it—to the Clemson football team. “Trump Treating Champion Clemson to Finest Fast-Food Dinner,” New York magazine headlined. “ ‘We have everything that I like’: Trump serves fast-food feast for Clemson’s White House visit,” the Washington Post announced. Political Twitter was even more obsessed: At one point, #WhiteHouseDinners, Big Macs, McDonald’s, Burger King, and Wendy’s were all trending.

All of this would be a bit of silly fun if it had taken place during the languid summer months of a placid presidency. It is completely inexcusable at a moment when the country is engulfed in a deep political crisis.

Quote:
And so we return, at long last, to Donald Trump and the curious case of serving fast food to the Clemson championship team. No serious political scientist should or would think twice about the implications of this culinary choice, unprecedented though it might be. On the contrary, the media’s obsession with it is harmful not only because much of America will rightly perceive it as an unbearable instance of cultural snobbery—but also because all the attention being lavished on it is liable to distract voters from the assault Trump is currently waging on vastly more important norms.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:10 am
Maybe Trump's trying' to keep the Big Mac #1? Or maybe #2...

McDonald's lost a 'David versus Goliath' trademark battle over Big Macs to a small Irish rival called Supermac's
Bill Bostock 19h

McDonald's has been stripped of its rights to the "Big Mac" trademark in Europe after a legal challenge from a small Irish rival called Supermac's.
McDonald's had sought to use the trademark to prevent Supermac's from opening stores outside of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Supermac's doesn't sell a "Big Mac," but McDonald's argued that the company's name sounded too much like the iconic burger and would give it an unfair advantage.

The European Union Intellectual Property Office threw out McDonald's argument and said Supermac's was free to expand.

McDonald's has been defeated in a "David versus Goliath" trademark dispute over its rights to the "Big Mac" name brought by a tiny Irish rival called Supermac's.

The European Union Intellectual Property Office ruled on Tuesday that McDonald's did not have the exclusive right to "Big Mac" trademark in Europe, after McDonald's tried to use it to stop the Irish chain from expanding into Europe.

Supermac's has 116 stores, all in Ireland and Northern Ireland. It was founded in 1978, one year after McDonald's opened its first Irish branch, though it doesn't sell a "Big Mac." By total number of restaurants, it is 0.3% the size of McDonald's.

McDonald's first took issue with the brand in 2017 after Supermac's tried to get permission to open stores in Great Britain and Europe, according to legal documents reviewed by Business Insider.

McDonald's argued that Supermac's expansion would be taking "unfair advantage of the distinctive character and repute" of the McDonald's brand and the "Big Mac" trademark.

McDonald's has owned a trademark for Big Mac in the EU since 1996, EUIPO documents reviewed by Business Insider show. But in an April 2017 counter-complaint, Supermac's challenged the trademark, citing EU rules that say a trademark can be revoked if it "has not been put to genuine use."

On Tuesday, the EUIPO sided with Supermac's. Officials said McDonald's had not "proven genuine use of the contested" trademarks "for any of the goods and services for which it is registered." Therefore, they said, "the application for revocation is wholly successful," and the Big Mac trademark "must be revoked in its entirety."

It means that Supermac's could start to open stores elsewhere in Europe and that other companies — as well as McDonald's — could use the Big Mac name in the EU.

The ruling is effective immediately, though McDonald's could challenge it, the EUIPO said.

On the EUIPO's trademark database, the status of the Big Mac trademark was updated to say "cancellation pending."

Supermac's founder, Pat McDonagh, told the Irish Examiner: "We knew when we took on this battle that it was a David versus Goliath scenario, but just because McDonald's has deep pockets and we are relatively small in context doesn't mean we weren't going to fight our corner."

He told the Irish Independent: "It's been a long road, nearly four years, but it was worth it to help protect businesses that are trying to compete against faceless multinationals."

He added: "It doesn't matter how big or how small you are, it's great that you can get a hearing from the European office. I'm delighted with the result; I was hopeful for a positive outcome — but not to the extent to which we won."

McDonald's did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 09:17 am

https://i.imgur.com/nSjCA2O.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 10:25 am
@Region Philbis,
A hack that worked for McCain is just a hack that worked for McCain. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:25 am
https://lgbtqnation-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/2019/01/Trinity-Presbyterian-antiLGBTQ-sign-702x4081.jpg

And homosexual hating pastors are still anti-Christ...

A pastor posted an anti-LGBTQ church sign so his congregation kicked him to the curb
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/01/pastor-posted-anti-lgbtq-church-sign-congregation-kicked-curb/

Yay, another republican out of work...

Ironically, there are also no government jobs currently available. (cynical)
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:44 am
@neptuneblue,
I agree with your sentiment about Trump but I personally think "Super Mac" is an infringement on a well established trademark.

Like opening restaurants and calling them "Burger Monarch".

If Burger Monarch was selling only clothing, that would be fine.

Super Mac should be required to change its obvious rip off name unless they can verify in some way that their burger existed before that of Big Mac...

The judge who let this one by is obviously oblivious to brand encroachment.

I do not have a problem with the Goliaths of food service as long as they sell an okay product.

I would be curious if the Super Mac has the same ingredients also as the Big Mac.. 2 all beef patties, sesame seed bun, special sauce rip off and same veggies.

Regardless the name is a blatant attempt to use McDonald's trademark, I would only find this acceptable if McDonalds somehow indirectly profited from this event.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:47 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
And homosexual hating pastors are still anti-Christ...

I see no hate but hate for the sin. Too bad you cannot understand that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:57 am
@Region Philbis,
Steve Schmidt is brutally articulate. I admire his courage.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I agree with your sentiment about Trump but I personally think "Super Mac" is an infringement on a well established trademark.

In America maybe, but not over here. When the restaurant first set up this is what Supermac would have meant to most of us.

Quote:
Malcolm Ian Macdonald (born 7 January 1950) is an English former professional footballer, manager and media figure. Nicknamed 'Supermac', Macdonald was a quick, powerfully built prolific goalscorer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Macdonald
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
You and ollie are two of a kind. Revisionists. I have posted the meaning of revisionist on another site. I'm sure you have already seen it.
Since you cannot point out a single thing we are wrong about, it is clear that you are the only person here who is trying to deny history.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:11 pm
NANCY PELOSI PULLS RANK, SUSPENDS TRUMP’S STATE OF THE UNION
“As long as government is shut down we’re not going to be doing business as usual.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/nancy-pelosi-suspends-state-of-the-union

Legally, Congress has no obligation to host Trump for a State of the Union address. According to House procedural rules, even if Trump were to barge in, Pelosi and the House sergeant-at-arms could literally remove him from the floor. There is, Hoyer concluded, nothing Trump can do: “The State of the Union is off.” At least until the shutdown is over, anyway.

This undoubtedly comes as a blow to the president, whose speechwriting team, led by Stephen Miller, had reportedly been hard at work for weeks, and planned to center the address around the government shutdown. Pelosi must know that stripping the pageantry from the State of the Union not only blunts Trump’s messaging around the border wall and visibly ups the stakes in the government shutdown, but robs the president of the chance to star in the sort of elaborate televised extravaganza he loves best.

Comment: I wouldn't have watched the racist, turd brain speak anyway.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:17 pm
Michael Cohen Hired IT Firm To Rig Polls For Trump, And He Owes Them Money: Report
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-cohen-hired-it-firm-to-rig-polls-for-trump-and-he-owes-them-money-report_us_5c4064d6e4b041e98ffb07a9

You have to give this one to Trump, he was right, "You can't trust polls..."

Hillary won the popular vote by a landslide...
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:19 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Hillary won the popular vote by a landslide..

Killary got a 100% of illegal votes.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:27 pm
Republicans Projected to Pick up Seventy Seats in Prison
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-projected-to-pick-up-seventy-seats-in-prison
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:29 pm
US national debt rises $2 trillion under Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/03/politics/trump-us-national-debt/index.html

Will republicans succeed in destroying our economy this time?
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
nancy pelosi pulls rank, suspends trump's state of the union
Fake news.
0 Replies