Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:26 pm
Two Charts Show Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:35 pm
Former FEMA boss says border situation is not an emergency
https://apnews.com/e852d08a0bcf4268a1d18d8968fbbf13
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:36 pm
@TheCobbler,
Of course someone from the Obama admin, the admin that encouraged illegal immigration, would say it isn't a national emergency. They want as many illegal immigrants in the country as they can get.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 04:14 pm
@Baldimo,
nonsense. Obama actually sharply increased deportations but was blocked by the gop from sensible immigration rreform. Gop and trump still.block reform
oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Republicans tried to work with Obama on immigration reform. It was Obama who blocked the bipartisan reform effort.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:33 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Trump stole from a child cancer fund & now is wanting to steal from disaster victims. He has no morals, no soul.
Obama stole half a Trillion dollars from Medicare.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
nonsense. Obama actually sharply increased deportations

We keep hearing this but since we have no idea how many people actually illegally enter into the country, how do we know his "deportations" had any effect? I guess we will hopefully find in the 2020 census where we are going to actually ask about citizenship status, makes you wonder why the left doesn't want the question asked.

Quote:
but was blocked by the gop from sensible immigration rreform. Gop and trump still.block reform

Wrong again, Obama refused to work with the GOP, this is where the line "I've got a phone and I've got a pen"...

There isn't actually much reform that is needed, because it isn't about reform, it's about amnesty.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:56 pm
Quote:
CNN reports GRUESOME murder scene at border, not far from where Acosta said everything is awesome

The guy can't win.
https://therightscoop.com/cnn-reports-gruesome-murder-scene-at-border-not-far-from-where-acosta-said-everything-is-awesome/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 03:49 am
Quote:
A right-wing Republican congressman is under fire from his own party after questioning why terms like "white supremacy" are controversial.

Steve King of Iowa also pondered in a New York Times interview when labels like "white nationalists" became offensive.

Fellow Republican Jeb Bush said condemnation was not enough, and called for party grandees to oust Mr King.

Mr King has since defended his remarks, saying they were mischaracterised.

Speaking on the floor of the House of Representatives on Friday, he said he regretted "the heartburn that has poured forth" as a result of his interview.

"I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I reject those labels and the evil ideology that they define."

"As I told the New York Times, it's not about race, it's never been about race," he continued.

"Under any fair political definition, I am simply a nationalist."

But other Republicans were unconvinced by Mr King's explanation.

"Republican leaders must actively support a worthy primary opponent to defeat King, because he won't have the decency to resign," Mr Bush, a former Florida governor and one-time presidential hopeful, tweeted.

Republican Senator Tim Scott, who is African American, criticised both Mr King and the party's response.

"Some in our party wonder why Republicans are constantly accused of racism - it is because of our silence when things like this are said," he wrote.

Steve Scalise, the Republican whip in the House of Representatives, told reporters it was "offensive to try to legitimise those terms".

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney called the language "abhorrent and racist".

The Republican backlash follows a tepid reaction from National Republican Congressional Committee chairman Tom Emmer.

The Minnesota representative told the Hill it is too soon to decide whether Mr King would have the committee's support in his re-election bid.

He later added that he disagreed with Mr King's statements "as they've been characterised".

In his interview with the New York Times, Mr King was quoted as saying: "White nationalists, white supremacists, western civilization - how did that language become offensive?

"Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?"

The congressman, who has served for 16 years, reclaimed his seat in November narrowly, with just three percentage points separating him from his Democratic challenger.

This is far from the first time Mr King has sparked racial controversy.

Last year, he saw his victory margin diminish after making headlines for reportedly supporting a Toronto mayoral candidate with neo-Nazi ties.

In 2017, he claimed diversity was not America's strength.

He also said: "We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46845790
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 03:53 am
Quote:
A Republican county official in Texas has survived a vote to oust him after several local party members took issue with his Muslim religion.

The motion to remove Shahid Shafi from his position as vice chairman of the Tarrant County Republican party failed by a vote of 139-49 on Thursday night.

The effort was led by several county Republicans who argued that Dr Shafi was more loyal to Islam than the US.

The movement led to criticism from prominent state Republican officials.

Speaking to reporters after the vote at a church in Fort Worth, Dr Shafi said: "As an immigrant to this great country, I am honoured and privileged to receive the support of my fellow Republicans."

"We were fighting for religious freedom - a founding principle of our nation. And today, we have come out victorious," he declared.

In addition to serving as the Republican vice chairman of Tarrant County - the third largest county in Texas - Dr Shafi is a surgeon and Southlake City Councilman who immigrated to the US nearly 30 years ago.

He reportedly is originally from India, and became a US citizen in 2009.

After he was appointed by party officials to his post in July 2018, several of his colleagues took issue with his religion and claimed he had connections with terrorist organisations.

Grand Prairie precinct chairwoman Dorrie O'Brien, who led the effort to oust him, recently reiterated her views in a Facebook post.

"We don't think he's suitable as a practising Muslim to be vice chair because he'd be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable," Mrs O'Brien wrote on 31 December 2018.

"There are big questions surrounding exactly where Dr Shafi's loyalties lie, vis a vis Democrat and Republican policies."

She also previously slammed her Republican colleagues for not intervening in what she called a "stealth jihad" and "Leftist/Shari'a Zuckerberg-ization of Tarrant County".

Tarrant County Republican Party Chairman Darl Eason, who appointed Dr Shafi to his post, told the Star-Telegram when the vote was scheduled: "It's just outrageous that we are doing this."

"It's disgusting," he added.

Former Tarrant County precinct chair Sara Legvold sat outside of the meeting room during the vote in protest, wearing a burqa which she said was to "represent the Islamisation of our county, our state and our country".

The vote was widely condemned by Texas Republican, including Governor Greg Abbott, Senator Ted Cruz and Republican Land Commissioner George P Bush.

"Religious freedom is at the core of who we are as a nation and state," Gov Abbott said in a statement on Wednesday, "and attacks on Dr Shafi because of his faith are contrary to this guiding principle."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46841814
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 04:52 am

another 45 FAIL

Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Pay for Themselves in Year One
Quote:
Federal tax revenues declined in 2018 while economic growth accelerated, undercutting
the Trump administration’s insistence that the $1.5 trillion tax package would pay for itself.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 07:57 am

this bears repeating...

http://i63.tinypic.com/1qgwlc.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 11:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:

this bears repeating...

Like all the Democrats that voted for a physical barrier on the border? Another meme, another fail.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 11:36 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 11:50 am
http://static.thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/thumb/45662-Lurch%20and%20Fester.jpg
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/chuck-and-nancy-s-democratic-response-to-trump-in-pictures-t20452.html
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
I have less of a problem with Dr Shafi's Muslim religious background than I do with his choice of political party.

What kind of nut joins the republican party today (in Texas no less), especially if they are Muslim and black?

Just sayin'... Smile

One must also wonder if Dr Shafi has put in an application request yet to join the klan?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 01:49 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
I have less of a problem with Dr Shafi's Muslim religious background

You do not mind that Islam says homosexuals should be killed? How do you rationalize that?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 03:14 pm

http://i66.tinypic.com/r8igqh.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 03:31 pm
@TheCobbler,
A lot of Muslims are very conservative people, they have similar values to the conservative Christians.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 03:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
they have similar values to the conservative Christians.

Total bullshit.