MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 01:46 pm
@Baldimo,
see my post directly after that one.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 01:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Accurate. How badly did the MSM bend over backwards to push the lie about the Bengazi attack was due to a video on youtube? They even went as far to make sure they had camera's on hand to record the "perp walk" of the guy who made the video to back up Obama lie.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 01:55 pm
@Baldimo,
The Libyans themselves said they were all weeaware of the antiMuslim video and were pissed about it. How many times did the GOP witch hunt investigsate Hillary and come up empty? And then start another witch hunt investigation?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 02:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
You should go back and read the Constitution, it might help you understand how our country is actually run when it comes to Presidential elections.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:31 pm
@Baldimo,
The EC was a pure political horse trading sop to get small states to sign on,
like slavery. It was obsolete a century ago. By today's law it has to vote based on the popular vote in each state. Which logically should have given us HRrC instead of our current nut job potus.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The EC was a pure political horse trading sop to get small states to sign on, like slavery.

Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
It was obsolete a century ago.

What makes you think it was obsolete 100 years ago?

Quote:
By today's law it has to vote based on the popular vote in each state. Which logically should have given us HRrC instead of our current nut job potus.

Today's law? It hasn't changed since the Constitution was written and signed. If you have a problem with anything, it's how the EC votes get given out. Instead of getting rid of a system you don't like, change how your state gives out it's EC votes. Maybe instead of winner takes all for an entire state, the EC votes should be given out by who wins that specific EC area.
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:44 pm
@Baldimo,
I’d love your last suggestion IF all states would sign on at the same time.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Read some constitutional history before you mouth off. This are state law in 48 of the50 states and that's the fact.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:58 pm
@maporsche,
It doesn't require all states to sign, it's a state by state issue and they can vote on it as they see fit. You can bet the smaller states won't go for it, and you can bet the large liberal states won't go for it.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Read some constitutional history before you mouth off.

Seeing as how you think Hillary should be President because of the popular vote, it's you who needs to read up on Constitutional history.

Quote:
This are state law in 48 of the50 states and that's the fact.

What is state law, your post isn't clear on what you are talking about.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It doesn't require all states to sign, it's a state by state issue and they can vote on it as they see fit. You can bet the smaller states won't go for it, and you can bet the large liberal states won't go for it.

....so therefore I would NOT love your suggestion.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:10 pm
@maporsche,
Why do all the states have to agree, don't they get to choose themselves or are you after federal supremacy in such a case? Federal intervention is the only way you would get all 50 states to agree to such a thing. Sounds like it would violate the 10th Amendment.
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Why do all the states have to agree, don't they get to choose themselves or are you after federal supremacy in such a case? Federal intervention is the only way you would get all 50 states to agree to such a thing. Sounds like it would violate the 10th Amendment.

They don’t HAVE to do anything. I’m just stating my personal preferences.

All I’m saying is:

a) I’d love your suggestion IF all states adopted it at the same time
b) otherwise I would not love it

Do you want Texas to implement this without the left-leaning states signing on?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:14 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Do you want Texas to implement this without the left-leaning states signing on?

I don't care what Texas does, I live in CO. I wouldn't support it for CO though, it would just dilute what little power we have, and no candidate would come to CO, we would be "flyover country".
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:15 pm
@maporsche,
Also, it would be easy to write a law that says “if all 50 states implement a proportional allocation of electoral votes, then [insert state] will also allocate EC votes”.

No federal intervention needed.

I think I’ve seen this proposal somewhere.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 04:17 pm
@Baldimo,
I was merely using a state with a large number of EC votes that typically lines up with your ideology.

I don’t live in California but I don’t want them to implement this unless all states do.

You are allowed to discuss strategies in states other than where you live.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 05:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
‘Forrest Trump’: Donald Trump’s Latest Bonkers Typo Sends Twitter Into Tailspin
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-forrest-gump-typo-twitter_us_5c3607d5e4b05b16bcfcb92a

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 07:27 pm

https://i.imgur.com/p1NmZQ4.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Not safe today from the people tying to destroy this county from the inside. The MSM and silly memes and sillier posters are relentless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 09:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It clearly indicate the will of the people, which is NOT Donald Trump. The popular vote is also the determinant of how the electors in 48 of the 50 states vote by law, which pretty well makes the EC election a sham election and should have guaranteed Hillary's election but for the statistical fluke in the way the EC vote is determined, so that a few thousand votes derailed the clearly expressed view of the electorate.
So far as I know, every electoral vote for Trump was backed up by a majority preference for Trump by the voters of that state.
0 Replies